Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Styles/OTS/Multi Pads

HOW TO REDUCE VOLUME OF " BASS DRUM ONLY "

(1/3) > >>

Osvaldo De Souza:
27th May 2018

When I play a MIDI file, the " BASS DRUM " seems to be loud.

Is there a way to split the drums so I can reduce the volume of the " BASS DRUM "??

Oz

Jørgen:
Hi

Try my "Single Note Volume Changer" software at
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/singlenotevolume/index.htm

Jørgen

Osvaldo De Souza:
27th May 2018

Good morning Jorgen,

Is there a chart that I can refer to find out which number corresponds to " BASS DRUM " CYmbals, Snares etc etc.

The Midi File that I am using uses GS format instruments.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Oz

panos:
If you want to find out on your keyboard what notes there are in every channel,
I hope this will help you:

First find which of the 16 channels play the drum you want to change.
For drums usually is the channel 10.
To find out easilly, mute all channels and then unmute them one by one untill you listen the channel you are looking for.

After that go to Song Creator.
On my psr there is a tab there called "1-16" which contains all the informations for each channel of the midi like volume,duration of the notes some other things that very few can understand etc.
There must be something similar on your Genos.
Navigate down one by one the lines there and in some point you will see some notes name like C,Gb,F# etc and you can hera them if you navigate one by one as I said.

For example C is the snare and F# is the Tom for that particular drum set.
So you can find which note's volume you have to change.
Next to the notes symbols are the volume for each note.
It will take you some time to change all the volumes in Song Creator for a midi file.

If it is a style it is a lot easier to do it on the keyboard because there are few notes to change.
So Jorgen's program will help you save time.

jwyvern:

--- Quote from: Osvaldo De Souza on May 27, 2018, 07:18:42 PM ---27th May 2018

When I play a MIDI file, the " BASS DRUM " seems to be loud.

Is there a way to split the drums so I can reduce the volume of the " BASS DRUM "??

Oz

--- End quote ---
I sometimes find on Genos the bass drum beat in a style coincides with the Bass voice, giving an exaggerated and laboured combined beat. In those cases simply  putting a negative value in the drum channel's low  EQ setting via the Mixer tames the thump of that drum. Maybe the same could work for the midis.
Minus 30 happens to work for me but the full range is down to minus 64 if necessary.
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version