Author Topic: GENOS REGISTRATION AND PLAY LIST  (Read 10079 times)

Offline dinapoli

GENOS REGISTRATION AND PLAY LIST
« on: May 26, 2018, 03:03:59 AM »
Hi,

About a week ago I received my Genos keyboard.  The keyboard sounds great, but I am having problems with the Registrations and Playlist. I contacted Yamaha USA Support, they told me to UPGRADE the keyboard, I did it but the problem persist.  I am trying to do something very simple:  Change the name of the styles and name it after a song, save it as Registration, then copy it to their new PLAYLIST feature.
I was able to rename a style and save it to REGISTRATION, as matter of fact I filled a page with 10 Registrations, to copy it to the PLAY LIST is my stumbling block!  Note I used the TYROS 1 and 3 for many years, for the last few years I've been using Ketro Audya 4 another Arranger.

I see the "Records" they have in their PLAYLIST is exactly what I need to use this keyboard in a live performance.  Does anyone has problems with the REGISTRATIONS and Playlist?

The following users thanked this post: mazydazydinah

Offline EileenL

Re: GENOS REGISTRATION AND PLAY LIST
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 09:31:51 PM »
When you change anything on an on board style including name this then has to be saved as a user style. It is this style you need to save to your registrations.

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 02:40:25 PM »
Thank you Eileen,
Since then I found another way of doing this that works very nice for me:

I just go over a single registration, I change everything that I want: Style, Speed, Set up the Harmonizer etc, then name it with the name of a song then save it.  The beauty of working this way is almost impossible to forget to save, if you try to go to another registration, the keyboard will remind you and asks if you want to Save.

Another thing that I like about this, I can have up to then buttons I can use to save the same song (Registration) setting each button a little differently or even even use a different style or harmony setting for the same song.  It is very useful for the live performance.
No need to save it as a new style.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2018, 01:06:00 PM »
You did not express correct in the first Post.
...Change the name of the styles and name it after a song, save it as Registration, then copy it to their new PLAYLIST feature.

A style cannot be saved AS a registration, but IN a registration. Practically, a registration is a table in a file which contains some parameters, for style, voices, harmony, text, transposition, etc...
And BTW, I did not understood your problem. If you made a registration bank, you can ADD a record in a playlist (not Copy, BTW) and for that record you can edit it and tell the actions for auto load function, which could be to auto load a registration from the selected record (a record in a playlist is a Registration Bank, not a registration from a registration bank) and to auto load a viewer (Score/Lyrics/Text).

So which is your problem, with registrations or with assigning registrations bank to playlist and autoload registration from that registration bank? :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline AlBags

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 01:29:27 PM »

Hi

No, we dont have problems with playlists and registration saves .. because we learned exactly how it works. It's all in the manual, you know. Just remember .. If you modify a style, SAVE it in User area as a User Style (with whatever name you like!) Then, build that style into a registration (or bank of registrations)  😊👍
😊  I started out with nothing .. and I've got most of it left!  😊

🎹 Tyros 5-76,  now the brilliant Genos 🎹
Genelec 8030C Studio Monitors on K&M stands
K&M Spider Pro Stand, K&M Accessories. I love K&M!

Offline dinapoli

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2018, 12:30:38 AM »
I didn't know I had answers to my question until I logged in today on the forum, would be nice if there was away to know that there were people who answered my question.

Thanks to all.  The problem with saving the styles was resolved a while back.  Yes i can save Styles, voices speed, change of a key etc. to registrations.

Another problem I am having is to save Karaoke midi files.

I was a Tyros 1 and Tyros 3 user then I switched to Ketron Audya 4, Now I am back with Genos.

If my memory serves me right, I set up the Tyros 1 and 3 in a way that when I played a midi file with lyrics embedded, as soon I loaded the file it showed the lyrics.  Even my old Ketron Audya 4 is set the same way, (I still have it)  I just load the file and the lyrics come up without me having to press any buttons
I asked the question to Yamaha USA a while back, it takes weeks to get an answer.  I remember a time when I just picked up the phone and a support person would help, now things changed.  It is what it is, maybe someone can help.

As said before, I have hundreds of midi files with text loaded in my old Ketron Audya 4, with this Arranger I just press one button the midi file loads, the lyrics appear in the window, I just press start and I am ready to sing.
With Genos, I load the midi file, the lyrics don't appear, I need to press menu on the right then touch lyrics and only then they appear.
I found a way around it and it is to assign lyrics to one of the assignable button.  The problem with this is for it to be remembered I had to put it in a Registration.  So if I want to switch from playing a style to play a midi karaoke, I need to load the Registration first then play the midi karaoke.

Yamaha suggested to put all the midi files in Registrations, I guess I can do that.  Anyone found an easy way to do this?

Not to compare Apples with Oranges, my old Ketron Audya 4, has a two dedicated buttons one is to hide the lyrics if one chooses to do so, another is to mute channel 4, this would mute the lead in most midi files.

Geno's sounds and styles are second to none but I wish there was an easy way to do things.

Note, the midi files I am working with are the same I used in my Tyros 1 Tyros 3 and Ketron. 

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2018, 01:48:53 AM »
I didn't know I had answers to my question until I logged in today on the forum, would be nice if there was away to know that there were people who answered my question.

Before you post your question, click on Attachments and other options, then click Notify me of replies. Then you'll get an e-mail whenever someone replies.

Or, under Profile>Notifications, you can turn on Notifications so it will be done every time.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 01:51:00 AM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons