Author Topic: Genos newbie  (Read 3069 times)

Offline emmaco

Genos newbie
« on: May 22, 2018, 04:25:36 PM »
Hi everybody,

Glad to see you -finally- after 6 months to read all your post about the... Genos...

First of all, sorry for my english, but we, french people, are usually not very good. We'll have to carry that weight a long time... ;D

I was searching in mid september a substitute for my Motif XS7 ans it's tatty keyboard. Then, on a french forum, I heard about the Genos... What's that ? :o
"It's presented as the new TOTL Yamaha", they said, and since that time, my mind is set on Genos... I thought it was the Graal... Motif XS + Montage + Tyros...

After the disappointment, came the astonishment. What sound !... :o

I read the manual dozens of time, saw everything on the Net about it, and I didn't know what to buy... Montage ? Kronos ? Wait for the next Montage, the Genos ?

Well, I bought it last week (the Genos ;)) and I must say waouh !... :o it's been a long time since I was so impressed by a keyboard...even it's the first time of my life I play an arrangeur...
This keyboard is a real union breaker !... ;D I got up at 5am this morning to play...

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your help trough this forum.
Or maybe I should **** you because you put indirectly this machine in my house !... ;D

And my life has changed in oh so many ways... (Thanks to St John who learned me english better than school.. ;)

It's incredible, but i think I'im in love with my keyboard... 8)
With the help of my Presonus Eris 8, the sounds are FABULOUS !...Never heard this quality before :o .

It will take me a long long time to tame this keyboard, but the possibilities seem endless.
the sounds has taken a giant step since my XS Motif. Unbelievable.

One thing I regret, is that you can't include fingering mode's choice in your registrations. But maybe I'm wrong, I have the Genos for only 8 days.
Bad thing Genos can't accept AIFF format for MultiPads (I'm a Mac user).

Have a good day... unless it's night at home for you ;)

Cordially,

Emmanuel

Online Fred Smith

Re: Genos newbie
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 09:36:10 PM »

One thing I regret, is that you can't include fingering mode's choice in your registrations. But maybe I'm wrong, I have the Genos for only 8 days.

There has been no change to Fingering memorization. Genos does it the same way as Tyros and PSRs do. Fingering is part of the Style group, and is saved when you memorize a style.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline emmaco

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 11:38:06 PM »
Thank you for your response.
Sorry for my silly questions, but the Genos is a new world for me, used to Motif etc, I even didn’t know what PSR and Tyros is about…

I’ve got to learn…

Online Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 04:47:00 AM »
Thank you for your response.
Sorry for my silly questions, but the Genos is a new world for me, used to Motif etc, I even didn’t know what PSR and Tyros is about…

I’ve got to learn…

No worries. Ask questions any time. That's how we all started.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

HalUnlimited

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 05:11:08 AM »
Bonjour Emmanuel,
Congratulations on selecting the Genos and I’m glad to hear you are very happy with it.  Coming from your Motif XS7 background, which was one of the top workstations of its day (and quite challenging in its depth and user friendliness), I would have thought you would be going to a lightly used XF, or a new Montage, or other brand of new workstation. The fact that you fully researched and judged Genos not only on its arranger capabilities, but also found it worthy based on its beautiful sound quality and overall performance, shows great open-mindedness on your part. It is wonderful that you find your new keyboard rewarding.
Bon Chance, Hal