Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Voices & Revo Drums

Turning Insertion effect (DSP) on / off via MIDI?

(1/3) > >>

jimlaing:
I am trying to find out from the Data List, what the MIDI command is to "turn off" the DSP insertion effect on a given voice.  I notice that some insertion effects allow you to set "Depth" (including zero), which others, "Depth" is greyed out (on Genos).  Example is some of the guitar distortion effects ... it seems you an turn the effect on or off via the touch screen, no problem.  I'd like to be able to do it via sending a MIDI command to the Genos.

I have looked through the Data List and can't find this exact function.  I have put a note in to Yamaha to ask too, but thought i'd ask here in case anyone knows how to do this ...

Thanks!
Jim

MBedesem:
Jim:

MixMaster ( http://psrtutorial.com/MB/mixMaster.html) allows you enter a midi commands to turn DSR 1 on/off or to program the DSP 1+.

The attached shows the settings for On-Off DSP1 in List View. The commands are entered via the Insert PSR ControlCmd  menu item.

Regards,

Michael

[attachment deleted by admin]

jimlaing:
I was hoping to have a external keyboard, an M-Audio Code49 keyboard, send the command I want (to turn a DSP on or off) by programming a button on the M-Audio keyboard to send the needed MIDI command.  Since the keyboard is limited to things like Note On/Off, CC, Pgm # (MSB/LSB/PC), and RPN/NRPN, I'm not sure if I can get this M-Audio keyboard to send the MIDI command string needed . . . .

Maybe I can assign a button on the Genos itself to do this (I need to look through the list of things an assignable button can do!)

Thanks,
Jim

SeaGtGruff:
I don't have a Code 49, but I do have an M-Audio controller-- an Axiom 61-II. I'll have to take another look at the documentation to be sure, but I thought it could send SysEx messages. And if the Axiom models can, I would think that the Code models can, too. If that's the case, I think you may be able to set the DSP Insertion Effect Type from the controller, including setting it to pass-through (no effect). Otherwise, I think you should be able to turn the DSP Depth all the way down to 0 on the channels using CC messages.

SeaGtGruff:
I took a quick look at the user manual for the Code 49, and it seems the only SysEx it can send or receive is for doing a bulk dump or bulk load of its setup, so that is no help.

But you can send CC messages, so I'll look at the Genos documentation to see if I can help figure that out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version