Author Topic: More Genos problems  (Read 29545 times)

Offline Gloria

More Genos problems
« on: May 19, 2018, 11:24:59 AM »

View Profile  Gloria's Songs  Personal Message (Online)

Re: Genos problems
« Reply #38 on: Today at 03:10:58 AM »

Hi Everyone,
   I'm still dangling on my disappointing purchase of a Genos.  The latest problem is the music rack (which it didn't come with)  Today, a couple mo. later, Guitar Center said they'd received the music rack.  Today I brought the rack home, the holes were placed so they would NOT MATCH Up with the body & therefore couldn't be attached!  The rack came in its box, that was labeled Genos music rack. (It should've fit!)
   I suggested I'd like my money back, since they could not deliver the product I ordered & I would take back my PSR 910 which I traded in.  They told me they had sold my 910. My husband recently passed away; I'm not used to dealing with these problems.  Does anyone please have any suggestions for me!

Regards, Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Online Fred Smith

Re: More Genos problems
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 11:43:41 AM »
They gave you the wrong music rack, Gloria. They probably gave you a Tyros rack (regardless of how it was labelled). The Tyros holes are a slightly different width than the Genos.

I would just tell them you want to proper part.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Paula

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2018, 07:23:58 PM »
 :) :)
 you sound disappointed  Gloria!!!  I dont know anything about the Genos other then many seem to like it,It sounds to me like its a new learning curve, I will say that I find the 975 to be an advanced PSR series with the same opr system,maybe the store would consider taking back the Genos  and selling you a 975 and giving you back the money difference?

Paula  :) :)
You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1xEYzY5g_0Nd5G9TkMY6mA/videos
Tyros 4 and Bose L1 Mod 2 w/tonematch
PSR S970

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 07:42:54 PM »
Hi Paula,
Gloria is still having trouble with her local dealer who gave her only the instrument and not the rest (speakers,cables etc)
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,44479.msg350149.html#msg350149

What can we do to help her to get what she paid for?
I wonder if the spekears when they arrive will be for a keyboard or for a....car  ???

Offline soryt

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 07:54:37 PM »
did you get the brackets to hold the musicstand not ?
you need the brackets to put in the music stand (as on the Tyros)

Soryt  :)
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 08:07:22 PM »
Hello Gloria,
  I am so sorry to hear you are still having problems with getting the correct treatment from your dealer. He certainly needs reporting to Yamaha them selves. Have you a service department that you can ring to complain. If not please write to Yamaha direct. For USA it is

Yamaha Corporation of America,
   6600 Orangethorpe Avenue,
      Buena Park,
         CA90620 USA.

Hope this will help.

Offline Paula

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 08:49:05 PM »
Hi Paula,
Gloria is still having trouble with her local dealer who gave her only the instrument and not the rest (speakers,cables etc)
https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,44479.msg350149.html#msg350149

What can we do to help her to get what she paid for?
I wonder if the spekears when they arrive will be for a keyboard or for a....car  ???
I do not consider Guitar Center a local dealer ,they are a big corporation (not a local store) they hire unknowledgeable people ,many company's have a return  policy.what is Guitar centers? I would for sure look for all angles to force them to take this key board back and return my money and purchase the key board else ware
 I dont know how you purchased this key board but if by credit card they sometimes will help you as well
       Paula
You Tube
PSR S970

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 10:24:38 PM »
Gloria, if Guitar Center (GC) is that big, they must have a head office somewhere. Obviously, the store where you bought your keyboard is infested with uncaring, unknowledgeable, and inconsiderate bozos!!

It's time to take it up a notch. Contact Yamaha U.S (thanks Eileen) and Guitar Center Head Office and don't stop bring a royal pain in their backsides until you get what you want. They knew **** well they had sent the wrong music stand. They just wanted to get rid of the problem - you. Fact is, you're not the problem - they are.

And please don't let your experience with the idiots at GC taint your thoughts about the Genos. It's a whole new breed of keyboard and just as easy to use as the PSR and Tyros keyboards. When you get into the meat and potatoes of it, things can get a little tricky, but despite its complexity, you can basically sit down and play the Genos right out of the box. Keep pushing for what you deserve and want. If we can be of help, let us know.

As a sidebar, I have owned three Tyros keyboards and now the Genos. I have never used the music stands because I need a real music stand for gigging. I'd gladly donate mine (complete with the proper "feet" :) ), if not for how it would affect my trade-in value. Perhaps someone else can help in that department. I assume you're somewhere in the U.S.?

Also, so sorry to hear of your recent loss, Gloria. Stay well...

- Lee
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Paula

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2018, 10:39:47 PM »
 :) :)
well maybe Yamaha will do something? I will say this I looked for a Yamaha repair man when my key board was not working ,I called the one Yamaha recommended !!! what a joke  he didnt even know what a Tyros key board was ,  ::) ya well my hubby took the key board apart and put in a new circuit board I Trust Craig more then  this so called Yamaha repair man, I think the bottom line is money and if Guitar Center sells lots of musical instruments for Yamaha money talks !!!
    Paula
You Tube
PSR S970

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2018, 10:59:42 PM »
I would not think they sell many if that is the way they treat people.

DonM

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2018, 11:47:39 PM »
Guitar Center has been on the verge of bankruptcy for years.  I had a VERY bad experience with the store here the only time I went in it.  They had a mic I wanted, on display.  They weren't that busy but they totally ignored this old man, even though I took the mic to the counter and stood there holding it.  Totally ignored me.  I put it on the counter and turned to walk out.  I had been in the store at least a half hour.  As I opened the door someone shouted to me "Is there something you needed?"  I calmly told him "not from here".
I posted the experience on Facebook and the local manager called me asking what he could do to make it right.  At least I'll give him that.  I told him I just bought the mic online and saved $20. and that he might want to hire some adults.  :)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2018, 11:56:07 PM »
Gloria,

First... I'm so sorry about the loss of your husband (that man!)  :(    :(    :(

Now as far as your Genos goes... I would DEMAND that the store replace your current Genos with a factory sealed unit and threaten the manager that you will contact Yamaha if they don't.    >:(

I suspect it is not your nature to be assertive, but in this case I think you must be.

;)

Joe H
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:00:27 AM by Joe H »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 12:36:29 AM »
I would not think they sell many if that is the way they treat people.
Unfortunately Gloria's experience is just one of many typical to Guitar Center........
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/guitarcenter.html

I have my own bad experience from GC with an item I ordered online which when I received it was a totally different item than what I had ordered. It took about 10 phone calls to find someone in the GC hierarchy that knew how to do an RMA to return it and do a refund. It was finally through Musician's Friend, the parent company of GC that I was able to do a return.

- Is the sales receipt specific as to stating demo, floor mode, or other and clearly state what was included?
- Did anyone make a verbal agreement to provide the missing parts either when the Genos was purchased or at some time there after?
- If you haven't yet, perhaps rather than speaking with a sales clerk, try to take it up a notch and ask to speak to the store manager. Failing satisfaction from a manager, ask the manager for the phone number for their corporate office.

It would be a good idea if you've had a few interactions with Guitar Center, to jot down dates you spoke to them, either in person or on the phone, what you asked/requested and what they told you. Start with the day you purchased the Genos. Nothing fancy, just simple notes of highlights in order of when they occurred. It's easier when you talk to someone if you have some notes of what happened rather than to try and recall at the moment what was spoken about.
Also if you should go to the store, if at all possible, take a friend (male if possible) with you for moral support, spokes person if needed, and as well as someone that may recall bits and pieces of what may be said (my wife has saved me in this respect a couple of times).

In regards to the rack, did it include the 'music rest brackets' shown in the image below?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Rick D.

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 01:01:53 AM »
I have bought 4 Tyros keyboards from Guitar Center and never had a problem with them, so I would say that it is just the particular store you are dealing with. Guitar Center is in partnership with Musicians Friend and now for all high end keyboards like the Tyros and Genos, they actually go thru Musicians Friend. This is why in some stores the sales people are not very well educated in these keyboards, but I can assure you they are very well informed on equipment they do stock in their stores.
I think they forgot to ship you the brackets as someone mentioned above.
Don’t give up, be persistant and as Eileen mentioned, comtact Yamaha directly.
Good luck,
Rick D.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 01:03:43 AM by Rick D. »

Offline pjd

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 03:51:37 AM »
Hi Gloria --

I'm sorry to hear that your problem with GC is still on-going. I won't waste your time with my own GC horror story, but don't be afraid to be firm, direct and persistent with them.

Yamaha's USA customer support number is (714) 522-9000 Option 3. I think you need someone knowledgeable to come to bat for you. I recommend calling because e-mail, etc. requires a Yamaha account. (Same account as the one that you used to register your Genos.) It's easier to explain a situation by phone.

Hope this helps. You have the support of everyone here.

-- pj

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2018, 07:12:53 AM »
Unfortunately Gloria's experience is just one of many typical to Guitar Center........
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/guitarcenter.html......

Thanks Mark,
horrible reading. We who believe in free enterprise and the capitalist system are slowly loosing our faith. Fortunately there are ratings, but it is infuriating that you have to look up ratings. The "self-cleaning" that used to function because manufacturers would stop providing their products to unworthy dealers no more works.  The privilege of being an appointed dealer was so valuable that a business would fire you if you were not competent and well regarded by customers.  I can remember the times when  the "write your congressman"- system still worked. I do not know who read the letters to the management, but you got a nice answer AND IT DID HELP. 
I had bought a YAMAHA keyboard in the 1990s. When you played Moonlight Serenade it would make a wrong accompaniment when you changed to the  Dim chord.  I was at that time helping Finnish music gear importers as a consultant at the Frankfurt Music Fair. ( I did not work for the YAMAHA importer)   so I went to the YAMAHA stand and said, "Are you aware there is a defect in that keyboard of yours  over there ? " Of course they said no, and there cannot be. So I played the Moonlight Serenade.  They were flabbergasted.  They disappeared and came back with a senior Japanese gentleman and asked me to demonstrate the defect once more.  He said "Hai, tadashii". I was obvious he felt uncomfortable. In those days there was no  such thing as a software update. He said, "we have a new model coming out soon, we will give you that one in exchange FOR FREE." And they did. To day YAMAHA Rellingen (their European headquarters) does not even answer mails from unimportant people like me.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2018, 06:20:48 PM »
Hi Gloria,

So sorry about your problems with GC.   They should have put those brackets in the delivery, besides getting you up to speed.
Have only visited 2 of their stores, each in Las Vegas,, years ago and could not find anyone to help with keyboards.
I understand they sold you a "floor model"..(demo model) is that correct?   Did they discount that machine enough to pay
for the aggravation and grief it is causing you.   BTW.  when i bought a used Tyros 3 years ago,( this was in Denmark) the
owner did not bring that music stand so i had to order one from the music shop in Copenhagen.   I got a brand new music
stand,, brackets included but it cost almost 300 usa dollars for that stand.   what a bummer.   Those stands are very expensive
if ordered seperately.   The GC should pay for replacement brackets.
Will know later on if traveling again this fall over to Phoenix... by then you should be sorted out and playing wonderful songs.
woof ,, woof

cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline markstyles

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2018, 12:12:49 PM »
I would try contacting Yamaha directly.. Patiently explain, the huge mess with the Genos and guitar center you have been thru.  Explain particularly the music stand.  Firmly ask that Yamaha directly ship you one..

I am so sorry, to hear of all this aggravation, and I offer my condolences on the loss of your husband.. I can imagine you are not in a state of mind to make a stink about what is justly due to you.. 

A lot of the big music chains, hire folks who don't much or anything about specific products..  B&H Photo was the only store to carry the Tyros line in stock, although they wouldn't put it in the demo floor..  All the other BIG music stores in NYC, wouldn't even stock it.. They didn't want to get stuck with it, if they couldn't sell it.. To top it off, many of the sales people I have found in such stores will say what ever they think they need to say to make a sale, irregardless if it is the best product for you.. 

The following users thanked this post: Gloria

Offline Gloria

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 06:07:03 AM »
Hi Mark,
 Quoting: "A lot of the big music chains, hire folks who don't know much or anything about specific products.."
  Mark, you are certainly right & I'm learning it the hard way! I will be doing more about this; as of tomorrow I have to take my dog in for eye surgery.  Appreciate your condolences about my husband.

Regards, Gloria

PSR Performer Page

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 08:29:07 AM »
Gloria, I sincerely wish I could be there to help you in your time of need, but alas, I'm pretty much shot to ****, physically, so getting to your part of the world is out of the question right now.

All the best,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Toril S

« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2018, 12:31:34 AM »
Oh, I am so sorry Gloria! I sincerely hope and pray that your problems will be resolved soon!!!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline Keyboardist

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 09:01:52 AM »
Gloria hang in there and be persistent with them and you will eventually get the right part.
So sorry to hear that you lost your Husband; my sympathizes. It is at times difficult to adjust but you also have your music and the support from so many people right here to help too !!

Best Regards
Craig "Keyboardist"
http://psrtutorial.com/perf/craigKeyboardist.html
Arranger Workstations
My Performer Page

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 09:32:01 AM »
Gloria

Sorry to know you are experiencing these problems.   

The phone number for Guitar Center is +1 (801) 501-8847 - Customer Service.   I suggest to call them and explain the situation.

Additionally, i would offer to go with you to Guitar Center but do not know where you are located.  I am in San Diego. 

Maybe you could tell us where you are located so that if anyone is close by you . . . One of us could go with you to Guitar Center in your location.

Thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 05:55:59 PM »

Hi Gloria,

I just found this interesting  video by Rick Beato discussing with friends the demise of Guitar Center.   I hope am not trespassing
any protocols here by posting this video,, but it does point out,,, kind of lengthy , the why and wherefore of this music chain
and am left with the conclusion that any customer service would be like finding buried treasure.   I wonder if they have ever been
sued in small claims court....    and wonder how many like you have gotten the short end....                                             

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfYS5oyFao

a disclaimer that all stores may not be the same...  it is a chain...

wishing you success on all accounts

cheers
elaine

PS if anybody want to assist Gloria,, she is up in Scottsdale,, Phoenix...Not a long drive from city center.   Nice town...

\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline Joe H

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 11:55:00 PM »
elain,

I watched the video and it's a pretty common story.  We had a local music store here where I live and it was started by a gigging guitar player.  He open a 1500 square foot store as a guitar shop but quickly expanded to an all around music store.  After about 28 years he had grown into a 15,000 square foot store with almost all professional musicians like in the Atlanta GC in the video you posted.  Sadly the store close last year after 34 years in business.  Two reasons for this are (I believe) are the internet music instrument sellers, and a lack of interest in developing an on-line sales department and a lack of an affluent buyer for our town.  The store mostly sold low-end instruments ($400).

As the guys in the video point out, the brick and mortar stores are hurting everywhere in the USA... too much overhead and the impact from competition of internet sales. I saw a Staples office supply store close and had a sign in the window that they uploaded to the "Cloud" (internet).  It's a sad case.  I see empty buildings everywhere where there were once thriving local businesses.   :(

Gloria should take note of this situation with Guitar Center and contact Yamaha directly to see they will make good on her purchase of the Genos.

Gloria... I hope your dog went through surgery OK.   :-*

Joe H

« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:57:12 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline metcam

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 07:32:40 PM »
I have bought 4 Tyros keyboards from Guitar Center and never had a problem with them, so I would say that it is just the particular store you are dealing with.

Agree.

Almost All my instruments and music gear since 1999 I got from guitar center (Atlanta) and never had any problems. Only I can say the great service .
Also Frank from Audioworks have great service and I also bought instruments from him.

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline Gloria

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2018, 06:03:31 AM »
AL, THANK YOU FOR YAMAHA'S PHONE NUMBER, EILEEN THANK YOU FOR YAMAHA'S ADDRESS! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS & SUPPORT ABOUT THE PROBLEMS OF MY NEW GENOS!  :) I EVEN HAVE DIAGRAM'S OF THE MISSING MUSIC REST BRACKETS TO SHOW GUITAR CENTER'S MANAGER AS TO WHAT IS MISSING (INSTEAD OF THEM BRINGING THE WRONG ITEMS!  >:()  I'LL DO THIS AS SOON AS MY CAR GETS FIXED! (IF IT ISN'T ONE THING, IT'S ANOTHER - RIGHT?)

I SURE APPRECIATE THIS WONDERFUL "PSR TUTORIAL FORUM!"  THANKS JOE & MEMBERS   :)

REGARDS, GLORIA
PSR Performer Page

SusieD

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2018, 01:45:01 PM »
Hi Gloria

As you know, we have had a number of conversations about the appalling treatment you have received from your local Guitar Centre and I wish I lived nearer to you and could try and help.

However, I did seek advice from UK Technical Support and told them about your plight and asked what they suggest you should do.

They say you should get in touch with usa.yamaha.com - scroll to the bottom of the page and find SUPPORT.   Choose digital keyboards and go to CONTACT US.   They offer Live Chat, Phone Call or Email.

They think it best that you should write a detailed report of events since purchase and they should come back to you and advise what should happen next.    Do allow time for them to respond to you.

Don't bother with the Guitar Shop at the moment - make your written report to Yamaha and with any luck, they will advise on how to proceed from here.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

With warm regards
Susie
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 02:07:31 PM by SusieD »

Offline Flip

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2018, 03:16:42 PM »
Gloria, I just read your post and it makes me mad the way you are being treated.  I would ....not write....but call Yamaha and get them involved.  To anyone else out there.....please think twice before you purchase anything from Guitar Center.  They are not Keyboard oriented and offer practically no after purchase support for Keyboards.  I hope it works out for you...Flip

Offline Gloria

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2018, 09:03:45 PM »
Hi Susie & Flip,
  Thank you for your suggestions on how best to deal with my situation; I've never experienced anything like this before!  A few days ago I became ill with the stomach flu
(or a nervous stomach over all these problems; I didn't go to a dr.) 

Thanks again,
Gloria
PSR Performer Page

The following users thanked this post: RoyceM

« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2018, 09:46:23 PM »
Gloria, I just read your post and it makes me mad the way you are being treated.  I would ....not write....but call Yamaha and get them involved.  To anyone else out there.....please think twice before you purchase anything from Guitar Center.  They are not Keyboard oriented and offer practically no after purchase support for Keyboards.  I hope it works out for you...Flip

Flip, very kind words for our friend, Gloria. May I suggest a small revision :):

Gloria, I just read your post and it makes me mad the way you are being treated.  I would ....not write....but call Yamaha and get them involved.  To anyone else out there.....please think twice before you purchase anything from Guitar Center.  They are not service oriented and offer practically no after purchase support for any product.  I hope it works out for you...Flip

I guess what I'm saying is, a successful music store is as thrilled with selling a guitar pick as they are an expensive pair of speakers. Stores that look after the nickels, accumulate many dollars in the long run. I made a fortune in business with that attitude.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2018, 06:31:09 PM »

.......a successful music store is as thrilled with selling a guitar pick as they are an expensive pair of speakers. Stores that look after the nickels, accumulate many dollars in the long run. I made a fortune in business with that attitude.

Lee,  how right you are, and  like with so many things,  it is old wisdom that somehow always gets forgotten.  There is a German saying that must be VERY old as it uses a money denomination that has not been around for  more than one and a half century.  "Wer den Pfennig nicht ehrt ist des Thalers nicht wert."  =  He who does not respect the penny is not worth the pound.

By the way the Clown in the White Jacket    ;D  finally found out, what was the problem with the Genos registry. Three  spaces in Tyros style names functioning there were imported to Genos.  Exchange those spaces with three dots  and the registry  banks function.   Sincere thanks to you Lee and  to all who wasted their time trying to help me. 

Cheers

Kaarlo

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2018, 07:15:03 PM »
No time wasted, Kaarlo. We're all glad you found the problem. As for the "Clown in the white suit," forget that comment. You don't have the hair for it (LOL) ;D.

It seems we are all tasked with not only trying to become better musicians but also computer tech experts. Funny how the challenge to become a better musician has remained unchanged for centuries. It's the tools that constantly get in the way of creativity and productive practice time. I certainly love the Genos as a tool, but I sometimes loose a lot of practice time just making the thing do what I want. The good part is, the learning curve gets less sloped every day. When it flattens out, we can all get back to the business of just making music!

Offline Gloria

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2018, 03:50:39 AM »
HELLO & THANKS to all who have advised & consoled me thru my regretful purchase of the Genos!  I tried getting my PSR910 back but Guitar Center said they already sold it???? :,:)
Still trying to get a music rack; they have brought 3 over to try, none matched with the holes in the keyboard!  I'm still wondering where this keyboard was made, it seems to be different. Today I contacted Yamaha Corp. by email; will let you know what they say & please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Regards, Gloria

P.S. To those who asked about my dog's surgery - HE MADE IT THRU FINE, EVEN AT HIS OLD AGE & THE EYE IS NOW GOOD!  THANK YOU!   :D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:13:52 AM by Gloria »
PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2018, 04:11:29 AM »
Hi Susie & Flip,
  Thank you for your suggestions on how best to deal with my situation; I've never experienced anything like this before!  A few days ago I became ill with the stomach flu
(or a nervous stomach over all these problems; I didn't go to a dr.) 

Thanks again,
Gloria

HUGS!

:)    :)    :)    :)    :)

Joe H

Offline EileenL

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2018, 11:24:37 AM »
Hello Gloria,
  I am so sorry that you are still having problems. I just cant see how they can not get you the right brackets to hold the screen. They are quite different to the ones we had on Tyros keyboards and very neat. I think Yamaha should make this shop give you a new sealed keyboard for all the trouble you have had.
   Pleased to hear your dog is OK.                                               

Offline DerekA

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2018, 01:02:16 PM »
You've had a rotten time. You should write directly to the president of Yamaha in Japan.

I am serious. I have done this twice in the past (with a washing machine and a car) and in both cases it was sorted out by the CEO's office in a matter of days.

Keep it brief, explain what is wrong and how it made you feel, and - crucially - state directly and exactly what you expect him to do about it. In this case, arrange for a brand new replacement from the store that has let you and his company down.

https://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/people/16446929-takuya-nakata
Genos

DonM

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2018, 04:25:17 PM »
If I needed a guitar pick and Guitar Center was the only place to get one, I would cut up a credit card and make my own! They've been on the verge of bankruptcy for years.

Offline MarkF_48

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2018, 04:39:17 PM »
If I needed a guitar pick and Guitar Center was the only place to get one, I would cut up a credit card and make my own! They've been on the verge of bankruptcy for years.
Last time I was in a Guitar Center and the clerk referred to me as 'dude' was the very last time I ever went to one. Used to have some good mom and pop stores around, but the internet retailers put them out of of business. Sweetwater is good to call and knowledgeable if looking for info on a product.

Have not tried one, but you need one of these :) 
https://youtu.be/Lo5KfLDPTXQ

Offline Gloria

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2018, 05:26:50 PM »
Hi Al,
  Thanks for your kind offer, but I'm in Scottsdale, Az. (the Phoenix metro area)

Regards, Gloria
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:36:16 PM by Gloria »
PSR Performer Page

Offline Gloria

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2018, 05:41:24 PM »
HELLO TO ALL!
I HAVE NOW WRITTEN TO THE HEAD OF THE YAMAHA CORP. AS OF JUNE 21, 2018.  WILL KEEP YOU POSTED.

THANKS, GLORIA
PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2018, 06:32:19 PM »
Gloria,

Help is on the way.  I sent you a PM.  I hope Yamaha do right by you.

Regards,
Joe H

Offline Gloria

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2018, 07:50:19 PM »
Thanks Joe, I appreciate that.   :)   (Are you still creating styles?)

Regards,
Gloria

PSR Performer Page

Offline Joe H

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2018, 09:20:55 PM »
Thanks Joe, I appreciate that.   :)   (Are you still creating styles?)

Regards,
Gloria

Yes I'm still creating styles and now custom Voice expansion packs.  My new styles use only the expansion pack Voices.  EDM requires different sounds than Yamaha has given us in the arranger keyboards... even Genos. The sounds I'm working on are from E-MU Xtreme Lead and Orbit synth sound modules (5 packs) and several more packs from the various Roland Juno synthesizers.  These are really cools sounds from the 1980s and 1990s.  It will take me about a year to complete all the Voice packs and a few months to develop styles for them.  My plan is to create much better and DIFFERENT sounding styles and Multi Pads with all new voices.

8)    8)    8)

I may not be participating much in the Forum for the next year but will read it regularly and chime in from time to time.

Regards,
Joe H

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:25:01 PM by Joe H »

Offline panos

« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2018, 09:30:27 PM »
Good luck with your project Joe!  :)

Offline Joe H

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2018, 09:57:52 PM »
Thank you Panos... my S970 is starting to sound just like a real synthesizer. I'm blown away by the sounds it now produces.  I've got Jan's EDM 2 and Easy Sounds Magic Dance and Phat Analog also.  I've used up all the 512MB of expansion memory, so I'm hoping the next PSR arranger will have about 1 GB of memory so I can load all my custom voices at once.

;D

Joe H
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 11:23:26 PM by Joe H »

Offline Gloria

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2018, 08:08:49 PM »
UPDATE ON MY GENOS PROBLEMS:  This week I'm going to contact our local Better Business Bureau & Consumer Fraud about Guitar Center dealings. >:(

EILEEN,thanks for your support & even remembering my dog's surgery; he came thru fine even at his old age!

JOE, what you're working sounds tremendous - good luck!

Regards to all, Gloria
PSR Performer Page

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2018, 12:57:33 AM »
Go get 'em, Gloria. We're all with you!!!

Group hug for Gloria :).

Offline Flip

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2018, 10:41:23 AM »
That's the right attitude Gloria......sometime you have to do what you have to do!  This will get the attention of the right Guitar Center personnel.  Good Luck!  Regards, Flip

Offline Gloria

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2018, 07:48:46 PM »
GREAT NEWS! Thanks to my good friends on PSR TUTORIAL & KEYBOARD PLAYERS FORUMS ,I just received a call from Yamaha Support who I contacted about my problems with the Scottsdale, Arizona "Guitar Center" & my disappointing purchase of my new Genos!  They are sending me the missing music rack, brackets, owners manual  & everything else that my local Guitar Center wouldn't provide me with! Thank you for your help & suggestions!   ;D

Kinds regards, Gloria
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:39:49 PM by Gloria »
PSR Performer Page