Tyros Keyboards (5 Boards) > Tyros 5 (SFF2)

Is it possible to export Packs FROM the keyboard TO Yamaha Expansion Manager?

(1/10) > >>

valio7771:
Hi everyone!

So, I'm having the following problem:
I recently had to change my computer because my old one got broken and lost a lot of data due to a faulty hard drive.
I've installed the latest version of YEM on my new computer, and now I want to get my Expansion Packs from my Tyros 5 into YEM, in the same state that they are currently installed on the keyboard, because I end up editing them heavily during the last 3 years of work with the keyboard (edit individual sounds within a Pack, removed the ones I don't need, merged or grouped few different Packs into one,..etc) in manner that I find more convenient for me to use them. Since YEM can't see/read what Packs are currently installed just by connecting the keyboard through USB, now I can't find a way to export my custom packs from my keyboard back to the YEM, so I can keep edit them from the current point, if I need to do so.

And apparently I've also lost all the original .ppf files for all the initial Packs with my old computer, most of which packs I got from other fellow Yamaha players that I communicate on different forums or randomly found on internet, and now (even though it would be an absolute nightmare to match the exact same order of each sound with it's individual MSB# and LSB#, because I've used many of those sounds in my styles and MIDI's) I can't compile them from scratch.
YEM does not accept .ppi files, which is the only copy of my Packs installation I have on a USB stick, of which I'm not so sure how recent is judging by the 'last edit' date.

I am a technical person and I usually find my way around such issues, but there maybe something crucial that I'm missing here, or I'm overthinking the whole situation by looking at it as something more complicated than it actually is, or there is really NO way to do that (of what I'm very afraid of).
Any help is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,

Valentin

jwyvern:
hi
valentin,
In the My Packs screen does your Ty5 show at top left, if so click on it and the pack data should transfer from Tyros into YEM.
If not click on the plus sign next to Install Target, then Search Instruments and YEM should find and highlight Tyros provided it is connected and switched on. Then click on the latter.
John

Bill:
Hi Valentin

Although John is more knowledgeable that I am, I did not think it possible to export packs from the Tyros back into the YEM.
Yes you can copy the styles, pads and registrations form the Tyros, however you will not be able to copy the Wav Elements to use again.

Regards

Bill

valio7771:
Thanks John,

I really wish if it was that simple...

YEM is empty after the fresh installation.
After 'Search Instruments' under 'Install Target' YEM just finds that there is Tyros5 connected to it, but appears as it has nothing installed on it whatsoever.
Even after importing of a newly created TYROS5_InstrumentInfo.n27 file on the keyboard, I was hoping to trigger YEM to figure out what's installed on the keyboard, but it made no change at all, it still won't import the installed packs.

Valentin

valio7771:

--- Quote from: Bill on May 15, 2018, 09:37:47 PM ---....I did not think it possible to export packs from the Tyros back into the YEM.....
--- End quote ---

I'm afraid you're right, Bill.

That is a MASSIVE flaw in general way how Yamaha tries to push everything through YEM.
It's like if you have an iPhone/iPad, and if you sync your device with your new PC/Mac, you will lose everything you've bought so far (apps, music, books...etc), this is just ridiculous.
I cannot find a single logical reason why there should be 'one way flow' between the keyboard and the software? It can't be a 'Copyright' thing since one of the perks of using YEM was a way to edit and share your sounds with others, so it couldn't be that.

WHY THOUGH?  :'(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version