The PSR Tutorial Forum (5 Boards) > Hello Everyone!

Hello to Everyone

(1/2) > >>

Preset:
Hello everyone.

I own a PSR E443, which I have owned for over a year now.  I thought it might be time I signed up here to get some more ideas and may get some answers back from any questions I have with the keyboard.  Well I was an organ player back in my school days.  Years after moving out of home, bit of travel and living in apartments.  I decided it was time to buy a keyboard.   

I had my eye on Yamaha and decided to aim for a mid-priced beginner-intermediate keyboard.  I was concerned that a 88 key keyboard may be too big for my place.  I decided also not to spend a lot of money on a more advanced keyboard.  In case I would come to the realization of not really playing for years.  That I may have lost my interest.  Was wrong there.

It was a bit of a learning experience when buying.  All the different types.  One thing was,  I did not want one with lots of dials and knobs.  Like some of the other brands.  I knew my preference in sound and play style had changed since school.  I like mostly keyboard instrument sounds such as; pianos, electric pianos, clavinet, organs and some synths.  Then a range of other instruments as backing.  I think the keyboard I purchased does well for this.  A bit of sound tweaking and combination gets some good results.  A good external speaker makes some really nice sound.  Same with the studio headphones I have. 

I've since owning my keyboard,  mostly concentrated on playing accompaniment style, with this time little emphasis on melody.  I'm a Fleetwood Mac fan.  I've been working on a couple of songs.  Making backing tracks using the LMMS program and a USB connection from my computer.  Loads of experimenting with playing styles and instrument sounds. Loads of learning from listening to Youtube videos of performances.   Have learned a bit with Midi sounds and X-Glite also.

As I said before.  I had concerns with buying a full-sized keyboard and more expensive one.  I'm very happy to keep playing the PSR E443.    I still have a lot of exploring to do.  However I think, when I really feel  it is time to move on and I have the cash.  I might step up to something like the MX88.

Cheers 

Preset (Scott) 

ekurburski:
Welcome aboard.  Be sure to check out the main tutorial site.  Much good info there.

panos:
Wellcome to the forum Scott  :)

Toril S:
Welcome Scott😀

MINKYCATS:
Welcome to the forum Scott.

You’ll get all the help you need from the incredibly knowledgeable and helpful people here.

Enjoy yourself here.

Trevor (MINKYCATS)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version