Author Topic: Registration occasionally producing too loud lefthand voice  (Read 4064 times)

Tonny

I have registration banks for each song I want to play. Each bank contains a number of registrations to allow voice/style changes for different parts of the song. Nothing special so far.

Unfortunately I recently had the experience that when I switch to the following registration in the bank (using foot pedal), that the lefthand voice is very very loud. I cannot reproduce this problem, it just happens occasionally.

When I press the same registration bank number, (trying to reload it that way) the problem does not go away. Going to the next registration number, may create the problem there too. Reloading the entire bank (by loading another bank and then getting back), does not solve the problem either.

The only way to solve it, is to choose the lefthand voice again. Or to restart the entire keyboard.
Anyone have a clue what this could be? I thought this might be a corrupt file thing while loading the bank. But then it should go away by reloading.

Because it just happens occasionally, it makes me a bit nervous to do gigs. I use OS version 1.3

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Registration occasionally producing too loud lefthand voice
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 07:09:06 AM »
You should post your registration so others can try it and see if they have the same problem.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 07:10:47 AM »
Hi Tonny,

Could you perhaps attach one of the "faulty" registrations that produce a too loud left hand voice?

kind regards,
Peter

Offline XeeniX

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 07:11:41 AM »
Yo, too slow (in my case that is ;) )

Way to go Fred :)

Gordon1949

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 11:21:03 AM »
On another thread, I posted that my effects on the left voice sometimes turn off or turn on depending on which registration I use.  I contacted Yamaha, and they said it was a glitch they thought they had solved with firmware update 1.30 but obvoilsy hadn’t been fixed.  I wanted to have a compressor effect on my left bass voice which makes it louder than without it. I am wondering if some of your registrations are triggering a left voice effect.  When you go to each registration, hit the “voice” button and check to see if the left bass effect is turned on or off.  That might be what is causing the volume to increase.  If it is, you can try to resave the registrations without the effect on the left voice.  Again, the registration may not hold on the left voice until Yamaha fixes the problem I mentioned above.