Author Topic: Samples and arpeggios  (Read 3885 times)

catcher005

Samples and arpeggios
« on: April 27, 2018, 10:57:14 AM »
Hi, I have 2 questions about Genos (who knows):

1. Can I record arpeggios on Genos while song recording? If so, will that be midi or audio recording?
2. Can I import sounds/voices or samples let's say from Fruity Loops into Genos?

Thank you.

catcher005

Re: Samples and arpeggios
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 11:22:39 AM »
I guess no one knows  :(

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2018, 02:15:24 PM »
Hi, I have 2 questions about Genos (who knows):

1. Can I record arpeggios on Genos while song recording? If so, will that be midi or audio recording?
2. Can I import sounds/voices or samples let's say from Fruity Loops into Genos?

Thank you.

If you play an arp with R1/R2 it will be recorded as MIDI along with the rest of the style parts.  Once recorded as MIDI you can play the MIDI song file and record it as audio using the USB Audio Recorder.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2018, 08:28:55 PM »
Catcher005, for your second question, I believe you can import those files if they are wave or mp3 formats, and then assign them to one of the four Mulitpads. This can be done on a registration by registration level. Can someone confirm my idea for Catcher005? Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline panos

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2018, 09:27:29 PM »
For creating voices for a keyboard wich are in wav format Jan is using the YEM.

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43486.msg343628.html#msg343628

The various voices that DAW apps are using are in a different format that a keyboard is using.
For example rfx nexus voices could be .nxp or a Miroslav Philarmonic violin voice is .sti in order only the programs that created the samples can read them directly.
Other free samples are in .wav format.
Yamaha voices can be like .vce and other Yamaha formats.