Author Topic: Organ sliders  (Read 2792 times)

Organ sliders
« on: April 26, 2018, 04:44:44 AM »
Hi team,

Have you noticed that when you select an organ flute voice, it takes a very long movement of any slider before the footages are changed? I estimate you need to move the slider at least 1/2 inch before you see the footage change. Please tell me there's a way to increase the sensitivity of these sliders. Do they mimic the real B3 sliders? Somehow I think the original sliders were notched much closer.

Also, when you memorize the organ voice to a registration, are the slider positions memorized as you left them, or do they inherit the current physical slider position? On the Nord keyboards, you can specify either. Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Kaarlo von Freymann

Re: Organ sliders
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 09:20:23 PM »
Hi Lee,

Unlike so many I  am not a Hammond fan so I this is purely technical. The sliders have the problem you mention quite irrespective of what you program them to influence. I believe the fact that the physical position of the slider and what the display shows are not necessarily related was discussed on this site some time ago. To arrive at that they would have to be motorized as they are on top notch recording consoles which of course is impossible on a portable keyboard.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Re: Organ sliders
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 10:23:40 PM »
Thanks Kaarlo,

That's where the Nord shines over the Genos. You can have the organs inherit the current physical position of the sliders after you choose the organ voice, or you can have the organ voice as a preset that ignores the current slider positions until you move them. The latter is how the Genos is set up, I believe.

P.S. I sent you a response to your private email message :).
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.