Author Topic: Best strategy for saving settings - OTS, Styles, Registrations  (Read 4676 times)

rickbrenner

As a Newby to world of arrangers, and a new Genos user - I have been trying to figure out the best strategy for saving songs and other settings. 

In his youtube feature "song of the week", Mike Mixon of KeyboardAmerica takes a style, changes the instruments on the OTS 1-4 and saves it as a new style in the user section.  He uses the OTS link feature to switch to different instruments as he moves from variation A, B, C, D.

With the playlists, they seem to use Registration banks to store the settings for the various parts of a song - intro on button 1, verse 1 on button 2, and so forth

In other demos I've seen, the registrations are used differently.  One person puts all their instruments on reg 2-10 and then swaps a style in and out of reg 1.

One thing I've noticed when saving a style as a different name is that I can't change the tempo to whatever I have set under the new name.  It always reverts to the tempo of the original style, even when I have tempo checked off in the options.  But when I save in a registration bank, it does change the tempo to whatever I have saved on the keyboard.

So I'm interested in hearing if there are best practices that long time Tyros players or experienced Genos players recommend.

Rick

Offline EileenL

Re: Best strategy for saving settings - OTS, Styles, Registrations
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 10:50:29 PM »
Hi Rick,
  I think we all choose what works best for us. Personally I prefer registration banks I always set one whole bank (All ten Buttons) to a song or medley. That way I always have a good selection of voices to keep the songs interesting.
  You can easily change the tempo of a custom style by using style creator. Select the style then select Style creator. In Basic, tempo is the third line down alter it to what you want and then re-save it.

rickbrenner

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2018, 05:30:21 AM »
Hi Rick,
  I think we all choose what works best for us. Personally I prefer registration banks I always set one whole bank (All ten Buttons) to a song or medley. That way I always have a good selection of voices to keep the songs interesting.
  You can easily change the tempo of a custom style by using style creator. Select the style then select Style creator. In Basic, tempo is the third line down alter it to what you want and then re-save it.

Thank you Eileen.  I haven't ever played with Style creator.  Great help! 

rickbrenner

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 05:56:40 AM »
  You can easily change the tempo of a custom style by using style creator.

Yea, it works!!!!

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 06:55:06 AM »
Pleased to be of help.

Offline Depo1964

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2018, 11:25:48 PM »
Yes,  thank you Eileen.
I too ran into the same problem as Rick.
At first when I tried to get into the Style Creator tab, I kept on getting a message that it was not available at this time.... ???
Wound up rebooting my Genos and that did the trick.

The following users thanked this post: jwyvern