PSR Keyboards (11 Boards) > PSR-E Series

USB to HOST Audio

(1/3) > >>

pquenin:
Are the E363/EW300, E453/EW400, E463/EW410 the only PSR with USB to HOST Audio ?
I love this feature when connected to the computer.
I have searched for a better keyboard than my E453 with USB to HOST Audio, but didn't find anything in the middle range arrangers.

I have also looked at Roland BK-3 and 5, Korg PA300.

I love the PSR-S670 but too bad that it doesn't support this feature...

skolkool:
Hello. I have some questions.

What is the difference between USB to HOST Audio and USB to HOST Midi?

Can the same cable and same port be used for both(Audio and Midi) types of connections?

In the E363 and E453, there is already a provision for audio recording through "Lines/Headphones/Output"(can't remember exact labeling), so what is the  use of "USB to HOST Audio" feature?

Thanks

AnupamEnosh:

--- Quote from: pquenin on April 20, 2018, 07:05:45 AM ---I love the PSR-S670 but too bad that it doesn't support this feature...

--- End quote ---
Those S-series keyboards feature direct USB audio recording/playback throught USB to Device port, including Line Level Ports, as well as separate MIDI ports and HOST port in S770/970. I don't think USB Audio would be needful there.

AnupamEnosh:

--- Quote from: skolkool on April 20, 2018, 02:00:31 PM ---What is the difference between USB to HOST Audio and USB to HOST Midi?

--- End quote ---
Both are the same port, but they transfer both MIDI and Audio data to PC, for which you need to install the Yamaha steinberg driver.

--- Quote from: skolkool on April 20, 2018, 02:00:31 PM ---Can the same cable and same port be used for both(Audio and Midi) types of connections?

--- End quote ---
Yes

--- Quote from: skolkool on April 20, 2018, 02:00:31 PM ---In the E363 and E453, there is already a provision for audio recording through "Lines/Headphones/Output"(can't remember exact labeling), so what is the  use of "USB to HOST Audio" feature?

--- End quote ---
It can be an alternative for Line Level Outputs.

SeaGtGruff:

--- Quote from: skolkool on April 20, 2018, 02:00:31 PM ---In the E363 and E453, there is already a provision for audio recording through "Lines/Headphones/Output"(can't remember exact labeling), so what is the  use of "USB to HOST Audio" feature?
--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: AnupamEnosh on April 20, 2018, 03:09:07 PM ---It can be an alternative for Line Level Outputs.
--- End quote ---

Also, the USB audio connection works in both directions-- audio output from the keyboard to the computer, and audio input from the computer to the keyboard-- so it can also be an alternative for Aux In.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version