Author Topic: Entertainer & Euro Dance expansion packs conversion  (Read 5545 times)

Offline reya

Entertainer & Euro Dance expansion packs conversion
« on: April 19, 2018, 10:51:22 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering if anybody out there (like me) is also STILL waiting for the conversion of the "Entertainer" and "Euro Dance" expansion packs. (not the 2016 versions the older ones)
I bought them at the time when I had my Tyros 5.
It's been four months now since I have my Genos, and I installed the Tyros version of the packs on Genos, but lots of voices seem to be incompatible ...  so it's four months now that I cannot use a number of my registrations.

I know the conversion document states they are scheduled for this month (April) (and that there is a clause that says "Schedule is subject to change without notice") and also April has not gone by yet .... I know ...

but still ...
I cannot imagine that this conversion would be a manual process, would it ?

So I was wondering if I am the only one out there who's patience has been put to the test here by Yamaha ?
(I guess maybe I am kind of hoping that they are already converted and that I missed them, and that someone will point me in the right direction   ;D)

Thanks

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

Offline badpuppa

Re: Entertainer & Euro Dance expansion packs conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 01:06:29 PM »
Rudy,

On 12/18/17 I received an email from Yamaha MusicSoft with the following offer.

UPGRADE YOUR TYROS PACK CONTENT TO GENOS FOR FREE

Upgrading your Tyros3, Tyros4 or Tyros5 Yamaha Premium Pack content for Genos is easy. Just login with the email you used to originally purchase the Tyros pack. Add the Genos version to your cart and the discount will be applied automatically. The free upgrade promotion even includes free upgrades from early versions of Entertainer and Euro Dance to the latest Entertainer 2016 and Euro Dance 2016 for Genos!

So you should be able to get Entertainer 2016 and Euro Dance 2016 for free. If you don’t get them for free at checkout discontinue purchase and contact MusicSoft.

keep smilin’

badpuppa

The following users thanked this post: reya

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 05:56:00 PM »
QUOTE from the page:

LEARN HOW TO UPGRADE YOUR TYROS PACKS, PURCHASE NEW PACKS AND USE YAMAHA EXPANSION MANAGER

TO UPGRADE TYROS 3, TYROS 4 OR TYROS 5 PACKS TO TYROS 5 OR GENOS VERSION

This program is valid for Yamaha Expansion Packs only. Packs from 3rd party producers are not included in the free upgrade program.

Log onto www.YamahaMusicSoft.com with the same email address you used to purchase the Tyros pack.

Find your desired pack(s) and add it to your cart. You will see the free pack discount for relevant packs in your shopping cart. (If you do not see this discount automatically applied, make sure you are using the same email address that you used to purchase your Tyros pack. If the problem persists contact customer support at https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/contacts.

Proceed to Checkout and you will be directed to the Order Details page.

Review your order on the Order Details page, and if everything is correct, click Continue."

Complete the checkout process. If you are only purchasing upgrade packs you will not need to enter payment information.

You may either download the pack at this time from the Order Complete page, or download it later by going to "My Account" in the top right, then navigating to “My Library” in the left column. You will see your product with the download option.

You have now successfully downloaded your pack to your computer.

https://www.yamahamusicsoft.com/how-to-use-yamaha-expansion-manager
Cheers 🥂
GJ

The following users thanked this post: reya

Offline reya

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2018, 03:07:37 AM »
Hi Badpuppa;

Thanks for that valuable information !!

I had no idea there was a free upgrade available to the 2016 versions ..

I tried to get both packs, and only the Eurodance 2016 pack was refunded. The Entertainer 2016 was not.
So I will be contacting Yamaha about this tomorrow.

Thanks again !

Rudy

Offline badpuppa

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 06:48:18 AM »
Rudy,

You are welcome, and please let us know if you are successful getting the Entertainer 2016 pack.

keep smilin’

badpuppa

Offline reya

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 04:11:58 AM »
Got word back from Yamaha,

they have added the Entertainer 2016 pack to my account at no charge.

So now I received both upgrades for free !!

great!

Thanks

Rudy