Author Topic: EMC Styleworks  (Read 4360 times)

Offline ugawoga

EMC Styleworks
« on: April 19, 2018, 08:43:36 PM »
Hi
Has anyone been in touch with Klaus about updating EMC Styleworks for Yamaha Genos???
I emailed him a couple of months ago and he said he was working on It.

Stlyeworks to me was the easyest to get around.

The site seems to not have been updated for ages.

Great program for up to Tyros 4 and then nothing.

All the best
John
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline EileenL

Re: EMC Styleworks
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 01:00:12 AM »
Hi John,
  I think it got a little to expensive for a lot of people.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2018, 02:34:19 AM »
Been a while since I had any conversation with Klaus.
As far as I know, the latest update of EMC XT is v4.83 at 15.Oct.2016.
My guess is that the Audio styles technology may be a big challenge to convert, and if look at the 'Latest information page', no updated info for long time now..

QUOTE:
Latest information
We are currently working on the update for Ketron Audya; this is still going to take some time as the many audio and midi loops are a big challenge for the conversion to other keyboards.
Next on schedule after this is the Tyros 3 format; so we will finally be up-to-date with all current keyboards within shortly hopefully

http://www.emc-musicsoftware.com/epages/62511965.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/62511965/Categories/News

Not seen any comments about it or confirmed in any way, but I do wonder a bit if Klaus is involved in the midi2style onboard convert tool at Korg PA ?
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2018, 03:26:05 AM »
Hi Eileen

I purchased tis way back and it worked great until Tyros 5 and yes It was expensive and really should of been backed up for that price.
Some you win ,some you lose.

Hi Gunner John
Last time I had a word from Klaus was him saying he has some free time coming up  and is currently working on an update.
Nothing yet from a couple of months back. Still at 4.83
Maybe he is involved in something much bigger.
I am not holding my breath.

all the best
John
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 03:27:21 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2018, 03:41:36 AM »
Hi
Has anyone been in touch with Klaus about updating EMC Styleworks for Yamaha Genos???
I emailed him a couple of months ago and he said he was working on It.
Stlyeworks to me was the easyest to get around. The site seems to not have been updated for ages.

Great program for up to Tyros 4 and then nothing.

All the best
John

I agree with you John,  STYLE WORKS  was a "must have" and I used it a lot.  I believe there are three reasons it is no more a "must have" which of course makes investing time to create new versions less attractive, 

-  all keyboard manufacturers provide  at least twice as many styles  compared to the days StyleWorks was a must have.
-  you can download a few thousand  converted styles for free on the net.
-  YAMAHA has put more effort into creating great (and long !) intros and endings than most anyone else.

But there are still styles converted from TECHINCS  I can find no substitute for, and the styles on YAMAHA  5700 ( that cannot be converted because they are not giving out anything on midi)  are also better than most anything of the same type IMHO.

Cheers

Kaarlo

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2018, 06:12:08 AM »
Hi Kaarlo

You are dead right there
Now you can dissect plenty of styles and mix and match If you like.
Oh well ,back to practicing.

All the best
John :)