Author Topic: New to Genos questions  (Read 3576 times)

Offline Amxf5

New to Genos questions
« on: April 19, 2018, 06:15:00 AM »
My new Genos just arrived after a lengthy backorder. Help me get a quick start,   what is the procedure to access Tyros songs on the USB stick?  ...How do I isolate drum tracks to play along with the different rhythms?  Is it possible to insert my mini vent effect box for the drawbar patches only? I assume I would use the additional outs?
Thanks for any help. So far I am impressed and a bit overwhelmed!
Scott

Offline EileenL

Re: New to Genos questions
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 07:12:24 PM »
For Midi or Audio songs look under the voice settings on the main screen and select either Song A or B.
  B defaults to midi on switch on.

The following users thanked this post: Amxf5

Offline Amxf5

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2018, 12:48:34 AM »
What is the significance of styles labeled "Session"?

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2018, 01:07:49 AM »
Page 44 of the Owners Manual

•Session: These Styles provide even greater realism and authentic backing by mixing in original chord types and changes, as well as special riffs with chord changes, with the Main sections. These have been programmed to add “spice” and a professional touch to your performances of certain songs and in certain genres. Keep in mind, how-ever, that the Styles may not necessarily be appropriate—or even harmonically correct—for all songs and for all chord playing. In some cases for example, playing a simple major triad for a country song may result in a “jazzy” seventh chord, or playing an on-bass chord may result in inappropriate or unexpected accompaniment.

•Free Play: These Styles are characterized by rubato performance. You can perform freely with remarkably expres-sive accompaniment, without being constrained by a strict tempo.

•DJ: These contain their own special chord progressions, so you can add chord changes to your performance simply by changing the root key. The Multi Pad (page59) data in the “DJ Phrase” category are specially created for these Styles. You can call up the suitable Multi Pads by using the One Touch Setting function (page47).

Murray
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 01:09:44 AM by mcbrown »
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

The following users thanked this post: Amxf5

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2018, 01:08:32 PM »
My new Genos just arrived after a lengthy backorder. Help me get a quick start,   what is the procedure to access Tyros songs on the USB stick? 

Insert the USB stick. Tap Song A or Song B on the main screen. Select Midi (at the top). Navigate to the songs on your stick. Load one. Press play (left side of keyboard).

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons