Genos (12 Boards) > Genos Voices & Revo Drums

Arpeggio/Harmony button

(1/2) > >>

opticat:
There is probably a simple solution which I am totally overlooking here, but here we go. I've been trying a lot of voices-- especially synths. Most of them sound rather thin, so by applying harmony for the right hand voice and playing a chord on the left (even with no volume) it sort of fattens them and produces a sound that I might use. But every time I change voices, the Harmony reverts to Arpeggio/Filter and Gate. This is a problem in that I need to go to that menu and change it to Harmony-- every time I change a voice to hear how it will sound. It is almost like the default for the Harmony button is Arpeggio/Filter and Gate. Any suggestions?

EileenL:
Some voices are set this way. Just alter the setting to Harmony and save to registration.

DerekA:
Another common trick is to layer the same voice on R1 / R2 (even R3) but detune them, e.g. make one +5c and the other -5c. This will fatten up synths.

But you definitely have to save that setup as a registration. When you save it, choose to save voice only so that activating the registration doesn't touch style etc.

jwyvern:

--- Quote from: opticat on April 18, 2018, 11:31:03 PM ---But every time I change voices, the Harmony reverts to Arpeggio/Filter and Gate. This is a problem in that I need to go to that menu and change it to Harmony-- every time I change a voice to hear how it will sound. It is almost like the default for the Harmony button is Arpeggio/Filter and Gate. Any suggestions?

--- End quote ---
You should be able to avoid this happening if once you have set the Harmony required, you go to Voice Setting in the menu,  choose Voice Set filter and remove the tick from Keyboard Harmony/ Arpeggio. Note that even when unticked registrations will continue to make their programmed changes so they are not affected. It is when you manually select a voice that whatever properties are unticked are filtered out.
(Alternatively Direct Access followed by pressing one of the Part Select buttons will get you there.)

John

opticat:
I may have stated it wrong, but all is well with saving something to a registration. It is experimenting by trying out different voices to hear how they will sound that is a several step process with the synths. It will start with arpeggio, so I go to that screen and switch to harmony and play with those. Then, if I try a different synth, it starts out on arpeggio again and I have to go back to the screen and change it to harmony. Seems like the default for synths is arpeggio?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version