Author Topic: CVP 407: sound problem  (Read 511 times)

Offline Chorus_18

CVP 407: sound problem
« on: April 18, 2018, 08:31:10 AM »
Hello,

I have a problem with my CVP-407 (bought 9 years ago): in the last years, I have been using it only to practise piano through its internal speakers. Recently, I used it with headphones and found that sound was only coming from the right headphone. I thought it was a problem with my headphones. However, the other day I wanted to play the CVP using the styles and noticed immediately that sound was coming from the top right internal speaker but not from the left one (when I put the ear close to it, I could hear only a slight hiss). I also listened to some internal demo songs and the result was the same: no sound from the top left speaker (I also tried with my headphones again and same 'equivalent' result: no sound from the left headphone). I also tried connecting 2 external PC speakers to the headphones jack and same result: no sound from the left speaker. I havenít tried yet connecting these 2 external PC speakers to the CVP aux out.

I hadnít realised this problem until now because I had been using my CVP only to practise piano at very moderate volume (through its internal speakers). I can confirm that, in the past, I have played piano with headphones (no problems with the sound) and used styles (and sound was coming from both top speakers). Finally, I have tried executing the CVP 'factory system reset' but the problem persists.

Any idea?

Thank you very much in advance and regards,
Pablo

Offline mikf

Re: CVP 407: sound problem
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 03:40:58 PM »
Could be anything from a failed component on a circuit board to a loose wire. Shouldn't be hard to fix, but sounds like you need a visit from a Yamaha Tech, unless you are very comfortable getting into the guts of these instruments yourself.
Mike

Offline Chorus_18

Re: CVP 407: sound problem
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2018, 12:58:32 PM »
Thank you very much for your reply, Mike. I'll contact a Yamaha tech.