Author Topic: Add to the wish list  (Read 7666 times)

Add to the wish list
« on: April 16, 2018, 09:22:01 PM »
Hi team,

This is not a bug but more of an inconvenience. I noticed that when assigning pedal functions in the Assignable window, the items are listed "somewhat" by function. I really wish Yamaha would send through a patch that organizes the choices alphabetically. I often assign Fill Self to Pedal 2. I have to scroll through the list, which is not sorted. It would be so much easier if the list was alphabetical. That must be a very simple fix for Yamaha.

Does anyone know how such a request is made? Does everyone see the advantage? Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Add to the wish list
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 09:48:22 PM »
There should at least be an option to sort alphabetically. Every list, including voices and styles.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 10:14:42 PM »
Agreed, Fred! How do we tell Yamaha? If they only monitor this forum periodically, it's not likely to get done :(. I hear some of our European users seem to have direct contact with Yamaha. Perhaps they could rattle some chains.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Stijn

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 10:44:52 PM »
There 's another small thing that I miss and that is the Upper Octave +/- indication on the display.
It was on all the Tyros models. I got so used to it and now it's gone. I have to make an additional note on my sheets.
What a pity.

Nothing shocking, I know....

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 11:26:00 PM »
Stijn, that's likely an easy fix too.

Offline Bud2

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2018, 07:11:55 AM »
One thing I have noticed that is also missing that was on the Tyros, on the Genos you can't parameter lock the pedal function, this is a bit of a pain because if you use someone else's registration your pedals don't stay what you set them to do and so you have to reset the pedals in each registration then re-save them.
Bill

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2018, 01:04:37 PM »
One thing I have noticed that is also missing that was on the Tyros, on the Genos you can't parameter lock the pedal function, this is a bit of a pain because if you use someone else's registration your pedals don't stay what you set them to do and so you have to reset the pedals in each registration then re-save them.
Bill

At least on the Genos, it's now an assignment, so stays in effect through a power off. But there's no Parameter Lock for assignments, so third-party registrations can mess them up.

A good feature for Yamaha to add to the Genos is to have a Parameter Lock for Assignments.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bud2

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 06:25:29 PM »
Hi Fred another thing I have only just seen is the Split point is not saved in the registration, again like it did on the Tyros . So glad we didn't get one for our club because we have people who have slightly different split points in thier registrations and as long as we leave the parameter lock off the split point no one has a problem playing the club's Tyros 5 which we did buy.
Bill

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 08:20:15 PM »
Split point is save in registration so long as you have Style ticked in memory. I have just tried it and it is working for me.

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 08:43:01 PM »
Eileen is 100 percent correct. I can think of two songs where I use different split points, and they have worked perfectly.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2018, 09:18:30 PM »
Hi Fred another thing I have only just seen is the Split point is not saved in the registration, again like it did on the Tyros . So glad we didn't get one for our club because we have people who have slightly different split points in thier registrations and as long as we leave the parameter lock off the split point no one has a problem playing the club's Tyros 5 which we did buy.

That’s not correct. Genos handles the split point the same way Tyros does. It’s part of the Style group.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bud2

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2018, 11:16:15 PM »
Hi Eileen, thanks for your answer to this, I just noticed it wasn't listed like I remember on the Tyros but if it does save it if the style is ticked then that is halfway there but I just think it was better as a separate item as some people may want it saved in a different place even if the style isn't ticked. Just my opinion though.
Bill

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2018, 12:08:36 AM »
I just think it was better as a separate item as some people may want it saved in a different place even if the style isn't ticked. Just my opinion though.

Bill,

It's never been a separate item. It's always been part of the Style group.

If you think there's a better way of handling it, then you should post it as a wish list request, which is what this thread is all about.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Bud2

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2018, 04:39:10 AM »
Sorry Fred, I thought I remembered it as a separate tick box.
Bill

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2018, 05:06:23 AM »
Sorry Fred, I thought I remembered it as a separate tick box.

You could be remembering Parameter Lock. It has a separate box for split point (but that's true of the Genos too).

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ