Author Topic: Good news for Mobilesheets users who own a Genos !!!  (Read 11535 times)

Online reya

Good news for Mobilesheets users who own a Genos !!!
« on: April 04, 2018, 04:42:48 PM »
This morning, I noticed that Zubersoft have just released version 2.1.3 of their MobilesheetsPro (Android) and Mobilesheets (Windows 10) music reader app.

As the release note's states, they now support the ability to link songs to Genos registrations!

In order to use it (... extract from the release notes ..)
In Mobilesheets ....
- Go to the MIDI settings and set the device type to Genos
- On the song editor MIDI tab, you will then see a new link icon. Tap this icon to link the song to the current registration on the Genos
- Selecting the file registration on the Genos will now load the song, and loading the song will likewise select the file registration on the Genos

Kind regards,

Rudy
Genos 1, PSR SX900, Roland PK6, Ketron SD1000
MSI Cubi 5 mini pc with IIyama prolite 24" touchscreen, MobileSheets

The following users thanked this post: jerryghr

Offline terryB

Re: Good news for Mobilesheets users who own a Genos !!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 05:08:05 PM »
many thanks for that info Rudy

Cheers
Terry

Tankdave

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 07:02:27 PM »
How does it connect to the Genos?

Online reya

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 10:01:32 PM »
How does it connect to the Genos?

There is no information about this in the release notes. But as it is MIDI messaging, it should use the same means of connecting as MIDI did before in Mobilesheets ....

Personally, I use a USB printer cable or a USB to MIDI converter cable

But there may be other ways ...
I am not a expert on the subject ...

Regards

Rudy

Pauljohn

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 10:05:50 PM »
Can someone explain in simple terms how to connect Genos to Mobilesheets and what do I need to do this ( I am running Mobilesheets on a Slate 21Tablet)

Online reya

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 11:10:59 PM »
Can someone explain in simple terms how to connect Genos to Mobilesheets and what do I need to do this ( I am running Mobilesheets on a Slate 21Tablet)

Hi Pauljohn,

I am using a HP slate 21 as well

You need to connect the HP slate 21 to Genos using a "USB printer cable".
I am using one of the 2 USB ports on the back side of the Slate 21 to connect that cable, but the one on the side will probably do as well.
Connect the other side of the cable (the side that normally goes into the printer) to the "USB to Host" connector on the backside of Genos.

And then (als I wrote in my original post)
In Mobilesheets ....
- Go to the MIDI settings and set the device type to Genos
- On the song editor MIDI tab, you will then see a new link icon. Tap this icon to link the song to the current registration on the Genos

And that's it really
From then on, selecting the file registration on the Genos will load the song, and loading the song will likewise select the file registration on the Genos

Good luck !

Rudy

gerarde

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 02:54:44 AM »
On some of the registrations I link to, Mobilesheets will show the song and then send the Genos to another registration.
I tried to relink, but with no sucesss.

UPDATE:
I found the problem.
I had used Mobilesheets before I had the Genos and had to enter the MSB LSB.
On some registrations it is in conflict and redirects.
The solution is when you do song edit, and press midi, make sure you delete the line that shows the MSB LSB, just click the X at the right of the line.
Then click on the link button.
I am so glad I only did about 20 registrations, as I have to go back and edit all of them.

Gerard
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 03:12:56 AM by gerard »

Wil5560

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 03:54:55 AM »
Sounds really great and thanks for the information. Question: how can you use the android tablet to either display the lyrics or the notes of a song? Is there a function for this or who has tried this?

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 04:14:19 AM »
There is no information about this in the release notes. But as it is MIDI messaging, it should use the same means of connecting as MIDI did before in Mobilesheets ....

Personally, I use a USB printer cable or a USB to MIDI converter cable

But there may be other ways ...
I am not a expert on the subject ...

Regards

Rudy

if the tablet is bluetooth compatible (most tablets are) another possible connection could be wireless using this device https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1222218-REG/yamaha_md_bt01_wireless_bluetooth_midi.html

the MobileSheets app seems to be bluetooth compatible.

I do not use MobileSheets, however, I use this device with Genos connected wireless to an iPad using the SongBook+ app.

thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline jbd59

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 05:31:57 AM »
Hello guys ,  if it's based on regs , it should work with the T5 ! NO ?

i'll try that to see
 ;)

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 07:15:37 AM »

i'll try that to see
 ;)

For T5 you may have to enter the  MSB LSB codes . . . . . . 

From the originating post . . . . it appears that For Genos the MSB and LSB codes are no longer needed.

thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

gerarde

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2018, 08:14:43 AM »
For Genos, it has a direct link to the location of the registration, rather than MSB LSB.

Gerard

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2018, 08:22:31 AM »
This is good news thank you for sharing the info. 
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Online reya

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2018, 04:46:52 PM »

i'll try that to see
 ;)

As Al Ram and Gerard, allready suggested, this will indeed not work on T5 (and not on T4, PSR ... either)

This "easy linking" system, uses new SYSEX midi messages, introduced in Genos, and (currently) not supported by any other device.

Rudy
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 05:08:58 PM by reya »

Offline jbd59

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2018, 04:56:44 PM »
Thank's to all of you !  i just have to buy a Genos now  !! :'(

Offline ckobu

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2018, 10:49:04 PM »
I made a video where you can see how it works.

https://youtu.be/83KSbB5H-_8
Watch my video channel

The following users thanked this post: stephenm52

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2018, 02:08:34 AM »
Thank's to all of you !  i just have to buy a Genos now  !! :'(

;D ;D ;D

Ckobu, thanks for posting that video, it should be helpful to those who never set up Mobile Sheets Pro with Genos.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2018, 02:21:40 AM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline diarmot

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 02:02:01 AM »
Has anyone used a Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2 Pro with the new Mobilesheets Pro update link function. I have been unable to get it to function. I read somewhere that the link function won't work with the Android Lollipop OS which is present on my tablet. Has anyone had success with the Tab Pro 12.2 and the new update ?

I'd appreciate any information

Online reya

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 05:39:34 PM »
Has anyone used a Samsung Galaxy Tab 12.2 Pro with the new Mobilesheets Pro update link function. I have been unable to get it to function. I read somewhere that the link function won't work with the Android Lollipop OS which is present on my tablet. Has anyone had success with the Tab Pro 12.2 and the new update ?

Could you please paste a link to where you read it won't work on Lollipop ??

How do you connect your tablet to Genos ?

What is the response of Mobilesheets after you press the link icon ?

Thanks

Rudy

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2018, 12:36:49 AM »
Hi

Such a  Long winded method.

Just put your song sheets up In Mobile sheets and choose a registration from your own banks.
Simple as that. Takes seconds.
All this does is complicate things. 8)
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline diarmot

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2018, 06:39:17 AM »
Yes, the process is simple but unfortunately does not work for me. I've followed the directions from the Mobile Sheets site as follows:

Zuberman Wrote:
It would be good for a Genos user to chime in, but the basic steps should be this:

1) Open MobileSheetsPro, tap the three dots at the top right, then Settings->MIDI Settings->MIDI Device and select "Genos"
2) Long press a song you want to link and select "Edit Song" at the top of the library screen
3) On the MIDI tab, tap the link icon at the right side of the screen (looks like a link in a chain)
4) If your Genos is turned on and connected, multiple MIDI messages should show up in the list. Tap OK to save the changes.
5) Either load the song or press the current button on the Genos to test it out.

There is no link icon present. I have connected it with a USB cable to the USB B input on Genos. No sign of any Midi activity and no connection]

I think it must be the problem with the Lollipop OS, check the following links for description.

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/archive/index.php?thread-2383-12.html

https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum/archive/index.php?thread-2383-7.html

This isn't a deal breaker for me, I can use my laptop and I don't do any keyboard gigging, just my pipes

Thanks a lot for both your replies

Gary

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2018, 01:35:03 PM »
I'm in the middle of converting my music books and sheets to Pdf  and will be buying Mobilesheets soon. Both electronic music and arranger keyboards are new to me so I'm trying to find my way round it all bit by bit.

Can anyone that has linked the Genos to Mobilesheets help me with this question please - If l make a say maybe 5 registrations for one song to change the registrations as l play my way through the song, if l link registration button 1 to the music in Mobilesheets will the other 4 registrations in that bank load with button 1 ready for me to change manually? Or can you only have 1 registration linked per song? 

Offline ckobu

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2018, 03:41:08 PM »
Just link only registration 1 but you have to start playing the song by pressing 1 to open the note.

When the registration is not a link to the mobilesheest (2, 3, 4, 5), the display will not change on the external screen.
Watch my video channel

Online reya

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2018, 04:08:41 PM »

Well Gary,

I got it working on several tablets, but not on the Galaxy tab Pro.
I have not got the latest version of Mobilesheets on the Galaxy tab, and I normally do not use it to connect to my keyboard...
But today I tried connecting it to my keyboard, and indeed the MIDI connection does not work while it does work with all my other tablets
My Galaxy tab has 5.1.1 on it

Wish I had better news for you.

Rudy

The following users thanked this post: diarmot

Online reya

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2018, 04:22:05 PM »
if l link registration button 1 to the music in Mobilesheets will the other 4 registrations in that bank load with button 1 ready for me to change manually? Or can you only have 1 registration linked per song?

Well Oxford1035,

Yes the other 4 registrations in that bank will also be loaded, ready for you to select.
The entire registration file (all 10 buttons, if all used) will actually load, but only the one that was active at the time of linking, will light up when loading the corresponding music sheet.

Rudy

The following users thanked this post: Oxford1035

Offline Oxford1035

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2018, 12:12:47 PM »
Hi Rudy,

Many thanks for your reply, and that's exactly what l was hoping to have the other registrations ready to use as needed when playing the rest of the song  :)

Out of interest, what's the preferred view as in 1 sheet at a time or 2 sheets. l have a 12.5" tablet but it's a bit narrow for viewing in portrait mode and a bit small for 2 sheets side by side in landscape. l was thinking of buying a large widescreen monitor and connecting the tablet to that and viewing in 2 sheet mode. Be good to know the pros and cons of the different views.

Kind regards,

Russ