Author Topic: Five gigs with Genos and Bose S1  (Read 5877 times)

Offline guitpic1

Five gigs with Genos and Bose S1
« on: April 15, 2018, 07:10:05 AM »
It’s still Very Early times...that said.

Genos is like an old friend in a new shape. Been gigging with two Bose S1 speakers. I love the sound I hear through the speakers and, apparently, so does the crowd from what they tell me.

The biggest challenge for me is the 76 Keys...I love the options 76 Keys provide but very occasionally get lost on the left hand.

Will do 4 to 8 gigs a month in various situations for the next year.

But, truth be known, how could you not love Genos? And Bose as well. 😁
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Pino

Re: Five gigs with Genos and Bose S1
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 10:59:25 AM »
Well done to you

But when you say ‘gigs’

Do you mean playing 50 to 60 songs one after the other on your Genos ?

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 12:27:12 PM »
In the US, gigs, loosely translated means jobs.

Guitpic, glad those S1s are working out for you.

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Pino

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 12:31:41 PM »
Thanks Gary - Same meaning in the UK and all over the world  :)

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:14:12 PM »
Tx for the comments.  Gotta say I’m one happy camper. In the U.S. that means happy.  😊
guitpic1

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 06:04:57 AM »
Guitpic, do you use a sub as well? The S1 Bose only respond down to 70 Hz. There's really no deep bass. My Bose L1 Compacts only respond down to 65 Hz, and that's not very low. The low E on a bass guitar is approximately 41 Hz. Just curious.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 02:47:14 PM »
Lee,  I have been using the S1’s without subs so far.  My gigs so far have been(assisted living)medium sized rooms, 50 or less folks.

Plenty of low end for those crowds.

Tomorrow, I’ll use them in a larger room, noisier and about 100 folks.  I’ll get a better feel there for the S1 in a larger environment.
guitpic1

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2018, 08:47:38 PM »
Fully agreed Guitpic. I never use my sub in the seniors' gigs either. The seniors, like myself to an extent, mainly suffer from high frequency loss, not "bass loss" (LOL) :). Your Bose and mine really shine in those areas. I add my sub when we're doing dances or other larger venues.

Good stuff! Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 07:45:19 PM »
I use 2 x Bose S1 (traded my 2 x Bose L1's) and I am very happy with the S1 sounds great.

Also it is very light to carry and space saver!!

So far no complaint from the Seniors as I mount both the S1 on the Tripod Aluminium Stand (highest position) and I set the volume at 1/4.

I reduce Bass to less than half and increase the treble to 3/4.

The Bose S1 really work when playing for ASSISTED LIVING small areas.

Regards
Oz

Offline EileenL

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2018, 07:59:40 PM »
So nice to hear some positive remarks from you on how your Genos is performing. Keep up the good work.

Offline Paul B

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2018, 08:51:13 PM »
Great feedback on the Genos and the Bose S1. I just purchased one and am very impressed. I plan to buy another as soon as the piggy bank allows. One note, I was a bit dissapointed that the Bose does not come with a slip cover any longer. I contacted Bose and was told they were out of them and did not expect any in the near future. But the representative directed me to Thomann Gmbh. They make a cover for the S1 that the representative said was nicer than the one Bose originally supplied. Here is a link.

https://www.thomannmusic.com/thomann_cover_bose_s1_pro.htm?ref=prod_rel_430651_4#bewertung

The picture doesn't show much, but I ordered two of them and I am now waiting to receive them. I will post again when I get them to let everyone know what I found. They are not too expensive but the shipping from Germany to the US made buying two a better option.

I believe that covers are very important to protect the speakers in the back of the car to and from gigs.

Paul B
Paul B
Kenosha, WI

PSR-SX900, Bose S1 Pro(2)

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2018, 10:02:32 PM »
Bose is now shipping the S1 with battery instead of the slip cover.  Bose is also starting to promote a soft cover or some form of backpack for the S1.

I bought my S1’s when they shipped with cover...no battery.  But I was told I could get the soft covers free since I didn’t get the battery.

I’m now using my S1 setup for all my gigs except for when my wife joins me.  I use my Eon One then for the extra mic input.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:07:32 PM by guitpic1 »
guitpic1

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2018, 02:58:13 AM »
27th May 2018

I received my two Bose S1 with cover as per attached photo.

If Bose is now supplying FREE BATTERY instead of slip covers then probably it is a good value as the BATTERY (Optional) costs
around CDN $ 120 + taxes!!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

tyrosman

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2018, 04:31:09 AM »
great news with your gigs im the same :) brilliant sound I use QSC 10 and the sound is Brilliant :)