Author Topic: Corrupted registrations??? I think I have one.  (Read 8808 times)

Offline Grayfox

Corrupted registrations??? I think I have one.
« on: April 12, 2018, 04:45:12 AM »
I don’t think this is a GENOS fault, it only happens when I load some TYROS4 registration sets into GENOS. i can best explain it by showing you a video of the problem. I contacted the Yamaha help line and was asked to email copies of the registrations and other files used which I did and they said they would send them off to Germany, but they never came back with an explanation.
The only thing I can do is to start building the registration sets again from scratch, which is very time consuming. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, In another post it was said that you could not have a corrupted registration, it would seem to me that this is not correct.
Pease click on the following link, I hope it works for you.

https://app.box.com/s/t5oag6ac95nebxc12i1u4poaniqg8az5
Graham Foxall

Current Yamaha GENOS + GNS MS01
with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Corrupted registrations??? I think I have one.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 05:17:33 AM »
I don’t think this is a GENOS fault, it only happens when I load some TYROS4 registration sets into GENOS. i can best explain it by showing you a video of the problem. I contacted the Yamaha help line and was asked to email copies of the registrations and other files used which I did and they said they would send them off to Germany, but they never came back with an explanation.
The only thing I can do is to start building the registration sets again from scratch, which is very time consuming. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening, In another post it was said that you could not have a corrupted registration, it would seem to me that this is not correct.
Pease click on the following link, I hope it works for you.

https://app.box.com/s/t5oag6ac95nebxc12i1u4poaniqg8az5

The posted file doesn't help. I get the message "Your account doesn't allow a preview of this type".

And event if it did, it's an MP4 file, not the registration.

Post the registration file (you can simply attach it to your post), and we'll take a look at it.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 05:31:09 AM »
The posted file doesn't help. I get the message "Your account doesn't allow a preview of this type".

And event if it did, it's an MP4 file, not the registration.

Post the registration file (you can simply attach it to your post), and we'll take a look at it.

Fred

I get that same message Fred but then select the down load button below it.
Graham Foxall

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 05:59:56 AM »
I get that same message Fred but then select the down load button below it.

As you may perhaps be aware I have had  problems with the registry.  The update 1.30 does not say anything specific about this type of problems, but it seems new banks I memorize now are retained in in memory with all details. As to registrations I copy from Tyros 5/6  I have the problem that I had the hard disk partitioned, and as the user drive in Genos  has no partitions  Genos cannot  understand the addresses. 

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 06:24:19 AM »
It’s a shame if my video won’t play because it clearly shows the problem.
When I go from one registration set to another reg set and press reg 1 it does not play the style that I saved in it, it plays something else, but if I press reg 1 again it then plays the correct style.
So the only way I can get the correct style in reg1 is to remember to press reg1 twice.
This only happens with some of the Tyros4 files and once pressed twice I can go to another reg in the same set and then come back to reg1 and it plays the correct style.
Graham
Graham Foxall

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 06:34:46 AM »
It plays fine Graham,just have to download it first if someone wants to watch it.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:35:54 AM by panos »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 06:47:56 AM »
It’s a shame if my video won’t play because it clearly shows the problem.
When I go from one registration set to another reg set and press reg 1 it does not play the style that I saved in it, it plays something else, but if I press reg 1 again it then plays the correct style.
So the only way I can get the correct style in reg1 is to remember to press reg1 twice.
This only happens with some of the Tyros4 files and once pressed twice I can go to another reg in the same set and then come back to reg1 and it plays the correct style.
Graham

You should also post your registrations so we can take a look at them.

And in your video, it would be useful to see the main screen so we can see whether the style is changing or not.

And tell us what version of the OS you're using.

Fred
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:53:03 AM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline travlin-easy

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:02:00 AM »
I agree with Fred. Hard to determine what is taking place without seeing the main screen. To me, that first sound is similar to what you would hear when you would press down the keys on the left side and not have the synch start of a style turned on. And, without seeing the main screen, I cannot make the determination. Unfortunately, I do not have a genos, therefore, downloading the registration would be fruitless for me to provide assistance.

Good luck,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2018, 04:58:03 PM »
Ok, so here is the video of the main screen and also the two registration sets as were requested.

https://app.box.com/s/54kfjuvnsloqj94xqnsgnrhvsa0c4yoc
Dont forget to press download.

Graham

[attachment deleted by admin]
Graham Foxall

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2018, 05:49:58 PM »
Sorry, forgot to say I am running 1.30
Graham Foxall

Offline Stijn

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2018, 06:12:38 PM »
I tried your 2 registrations on my Genos (1.30).
They work just fine. They go straight to GuitarSerenade for Edelweis, and to EtherealMovie for If I loved you.

No hiccups, no shifting of Styles like on your video clip.

Maybe a System Reset might help?

Stijn

« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 06:47:27 PM by Stijn »
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline EileenL

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2018, 08:27:33 PM »
The only time I saw this happen was when a friend had recorded a song that he wanted to play along to and saved it to a registration. He would press the registration button and then start the song playing and the song would revert back to the settings he had used to do this as the first registration button set up had been saved in the header of the song. He then had to press the registration button again to engage what he wanted to use.
  Try resaving this registration again making sure you do not have song ticked in memory. See if this solves the problem.

Offline Bill

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2018, 11:50:49 PM »

Hi Graham

Maybe you have a dodgy Reg Button 1.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

Offline EileenL

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 12:31:20 AM »
I don't think this would be the problem.

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 01:51:45 AM »
Hi Graham

Maybe you have a dodgy Reg Button 1.

Bill

No, it happens if I use another reg to start with.
I have been out all day but I will try your suggestion Eileen, and come back.

Graham
Graham Foxall

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2018, 02:41:06 AM »
Graham,

I am unable to duplicate your problem, but I think I know why.

Your registrations have songs stored in them, and when we try your registration, we don't have the song, so we're not able to duplicate your settings.

From my review of your registrations, there are several things I think you should check:

1. R1 in both registrations has an intro stored. But in your video, after you pressed R1, there was no intro -- only the style. After you press R1, you should be hearing the intro. The style variation itself should start after the intro.
2. Your registrations have songs stored in them. In both regs, you have I:/4 SONGS/Trilogy.MID, and in Edelwiess, you have in addition this song: C:/SONG/Multitrack Recordings/ClimbEveryMountain.WAV. I think what you're hearing when you initially load the registration, and press a chord, the the song playing (ie, it's drowning out the style).
3. Your registration sequence in Edelweiss is 2,3,4,5,6,7,8. Why doesn't it start with 1, if that's where your intro is?

Hope his helps,
Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2018, 07:12:29 AM »
Thanks everyone for all your help, the problem is now sorted.
In fact is was Eileen who gave me the answer first, she told me to untick SONG this then meant the wrong style was stored in reg1 so I saved the correct one and now I no longer have a problem, the correct style loads every time. Fantastic, Thanks a mil Eileen. Also many thanks to you Fred as you were running along the same lines. The reason reg1 wasn’t shown on the list was just one of the many things I tried to make me manually press that button. It’s a pity Yamaha didn’t come back to me with the answer I’ve heard nothing from them. I am also waiting for them to reply on another issue, they are just ignoring me.
Many thanks again.
Graham
Graham Foxall

Pino

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2018, 11:08:15 PM »
I’ve had a similar sort of problem on 2 of my Yamaha’s in the past few months
Sometimes the style is not loaded till you press the second time
I’ve tried many different tests
I do think it’s something to do with the song
But
If the song is not ticked then how do we send the midi to SongBook?

Pino

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 05:11:03 AM »
Thanks everyone for all your help, the problem is now sorted......
.......It’s a pity Yamaha didn’t come back to me with the answer I’ve heard nothing from them. I am also waiting for them to reply on another issue, they are just ignoring me.
Many thanks again.
Graham

Grayfox, I understand you are in the UK. It may console you that YAMAHA Rellingen (EU headquarters)  also ignore any mails you send them.   We who grew up in the post WW II  era got used to  manufacturers of  well known brands  being helpful. That is no more the case whatever the product.  I sent Gaggenau, one of Germany's prime  electronic stove manufacturers three e-mails asking where to find spare parts for their (expensive) stoves. Only reply: the automatic acknowledgement they had in deed received my mails.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline EileenL

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 07:53:50 AM »
If you ring the technical dept in the UK you will nearly always get an answer from them unless they are at lunch.