Author Topic: Firmware update 1.30 and more  (Read 12936 times)

Offline Stijn

Firmware update 1.30 and more
« on: April 11, 2018, 04:45:20 PM »
It's time to update our Genos to 1.30

There's also a new application called Audio Phraser V1.0.0 and an update to Yamaha Expansion Manager 2.52

[V1.20 to V1.30]

-Added a new function: Voice Guide.
-The function "Voice Guide On/Off" is newly assignable to the ASSIGNABLE buttons or the foot pedals.
-Improved the settings of some One Touch Settings.
-Improved the performance when performing flick operations on the Menu display.
-Improved the operability when showing lyrics of the "MP3+G" type on the Lyrics display.
-Fixed a problem in which the "Expression" parameter of a part would be reset when the Voice of the part was changed from a particular S.Art2 Voice.
-Fixed a problem in which certain MP3 files would not playback properly.
-Fixed a problem in which the "Play Root/Chord" setting of SFF Edit on the Style Creator display would not work properly.
-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would occasionally become unresponsive to operations when the Style was changed during playback of an Audio Style.
-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would, in certain situations, become unresponsive to operations when attempting to save a User Style after memorizing a One Touch Setting.
-Fixed a problem in which the instrument would, in certain situations, become unresponsive to operations when executing "Export Instrument Info" on the Expansion Menu display.
-Fixed a problem in which, under a certain situation, the Insertion Effect settings for the LEFT part would occasionally not be stored to the Registration Memory.
-Fixed a problem in which the Insertion Effect "Type" of one of the keyboard parts would occasionally be changed when the Insertion Effect "On/Off" of the part was turned off, from displays such as the Voice Edit display.
-Fixed a problem in which wireless LAN connection would not be established in Infrastructure mode, when the password included some special characters.
-Fixed other problems.

Stijn
I'm not talented ... but I practice a lot.
please visit  https://www.youtube.com/@StijnBettens/videos

Offline soryt

Re: Firmware update 1.30 and more
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 07:17:47 PM »
Problem with my registrations stil exist :-(

Soryt  :(
Genos & YC61 and Tannoy Gold 5 Monitors
My You Tube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmC6hdAR1v5lYN8twfn0YbA?view_as=subscriber

Offline EileenL

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »
If it was a problem with insertion effects you will probably now have to reset your registrations now the software has been updated.

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 09:29:19 PM »
I updated this morning and soon after had a left hand voice dsp parameter move to an unacceptable value. After re-memorising to the correct value I have been working with that reg bank and so far the registrations (all 10) within it have remained stable. But since I have not individually re-memorised all 10 of them and the fault is occasional I cannot be sure they are all fully cured yet. Time will tell.
John
« Last Edit: April 12, 2018, 12:40:22 AM by jwyvern »

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 04:10:07 AM »
I updated this morning and soon after had a left hand voice dsp parameter move to an unacceptable value. After re-memorising to the correct value I have been working with that reg bank and so far the registrations (all 10) within it have remained stable. But since I have not individually re-memorised all 10 of them and the fault is occasional I cannot be sure they are all fully cured yet. Time will tell.
John

Hi  Eileen and John,
I updated this morning, and so far it seems  my problem with the memory banks no more occur with new ones I make. The old ones of course remain with the errors they had.  A few of them that I repaired and memorized with a "1.3"  in the name added to make sure I know which are repaired seem to correctly remember  everything.

Cheers

Kaarlo

gdc

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 12:09:32 AM »
I've run into a problem installing the latest firmware. Last two times went smoothly. I formatted a stick in the Genos and downloaded the .prg file to it, placed the stick in the Genos, held down Start/Stop and pressed power. Just get a message saying to insert appropriate media. Tried several times and even re-downloaded the file and used another stick, but no luck. It always worked before, same with my Tyros models. Any ideas to solve this would be most welcome.
Thanks,
Graeme

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 01:37:34 AM »
I've run into a problem installing the latest firmware. Last two times went smoothly. I formatted a stick in the Genos and downloaded the .prg file to it, placed the stick in the Genos, held down Start/Stop and pressed power. Just get a message saying to insert appropriate media. Tried several times and even re-downloaded the file and used another stick, but no luck. It always worked before, same with my Tyros models. Any ideas to solve this would be most welcome.

Mine installed OK.

Note that I had only one USB stick inserted at the time (ie, the hidden underneath drive was empty). Maybe that's the difference.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline terryB

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 01:42:39 AM »
Not a problem with 2 sticks in the Genos. I left my underside stick in and loaded from the front USB port, and it picked up the update. Try A different stick.

Cheers
Terry
PS did you remember to extract the file
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:50:24 AM by terryB »

Offline Bill

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 02:36:53 AM »
Hi Graeme

Mine updated OK, however make sure you did not have the file within a folder. otherwise the KB will not see it.  It has to be in the root directory.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

gdc

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 02:54:31 AM »
Tried with only one stick installed - same problem. The .prg file is not in a sub-folder on the stick. I'm wondering if the problem is due to the fact that I'm loading the file from my Mac? Funny thing is that it worked perfectly in the past.
Graeme

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 02:58:08 AM »
Tried with only one stick installed - same problem. The .prg file is not in a sub-folder on the stick. I'm wondering if the problem is due to the fact that I'm loading the file from my Mac? Funny thing is that it worked perfectly in the past.
Graeme

I had a similar problem I tried 3 different USB sticks, the third try the update was successful.  It's odd because I've used one of the sticks that did not work this time to update the system in the past, this time that stick would not work.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 02:59:09 AM by stephenm52 »
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

gdc

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 04:20:34 AM »
Tried a third usb stick, formatted in the Genos. Still get that same message, looking for media. The stick flashes, so it's being accessed, but nothing else happens.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 07:18:58 AM »
I always download update onto desk top and then unzip it and copy to root directory on USB. Have not had a problem with any update.

gdc

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2018, 07:50:46 AM »
Yes, I did download to the desktop, then loaded the .prg file to the usb stick. I have now tried 8 different sticks and no luck. Very frustrating as I've always had an easy time updating firmware. Contacted Yamaha and they were no help. It seems to be a problem getting the keyboard to recognize the stick. The message always says, "Please insert the install media". Not sure what to do next - - -

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2018, 08:37:26 AM »
GDC

i had a bit of a problem myself with this firmware update 1.30 and had to try 3-4 times (same USB stick).

can your Geno read other files from that USB stick . . .  ? files such as styles for example. 

thanks
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline dtah80

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2018, 09:41:24 AM »
@ GDC, have you tried your USB stick on a different port such as in the back or under the belly of the Genos?. If it works on either foremented port then it means the front USB port, which I assume the one you’ve been trying on, is defective.
David
Genos, PSR-740, MOXF6

gdc

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2018, 09:59:17 AM »
Yes, I have tried all the ports, including removing the one underneath. The top one I usually use works for everything else okay and in normal operation reads the other items on the stick. There must be something I'm missing - if only I can figure it out - - -

Offline EileenL

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2018, 07:06:52 PM »
Usually when it says Please insert media it is because it can not find the file on the stick. Make sure it is not in a folder or the keyboard will not read it.
   I had no trouble at all uploading my update. I had a Kingston USB which I formatted on Genos and I also had my Back up USB under the keyboard. Used the USB port in the front.

Offline supersteve

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2018, 07:13:45 PM »
Hi maybe you got a poor download.
I would delete and start again if I was having these problems. Mine downloaded and updated with no problems at all.
Steve

Offline GrantB

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2018, 08:09:36 PM »
Hi All,

I am now very confused, having downloaded the new V130 zip file then unzipped and copied into the root of my USB, Then when I inserted it into Genos is said it was about to update toV1.20 not V 1.30. After installation I checked and yes version V1.20 had been installed (which I already installed some weeks back)

Now I am not usually stupid and did check it was the correct download so I tried another USB (making sure it was the new  GENOSSETUP.PRG) and it did exactly the same thing. So I have tried it now twice with the file I downloaded today any yet I am still on V 1.20.

Any ideas

Cheers

Grant

Offline Kabota C7

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2018, 09:31:42 PM »
All,
Cannot load firmware 1.3.
Downloaded 6 times , changed sticks 8 times tried all three USB ports, reset Genos software , unplugged Genos for 24 hours.

Using Apple mac book pro -- Same as used to upgrade to 1.2
And its the only software ( root directory) on the USB stick !

What Next ?

Martin

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2018, 09:33:05 PM »
I am now very confused, having downloaded the new V130 zip file then unzipped and copied into the root of my USB, Then when I inserted it into Genos is said it was about to update toV1.20 not V 1.30. After installation I checked and yes version V1.20 had been installed (which I already installed some weeks back)

Now I am not usually stupid and did check it was the correct download so I tried another USB (making sure it was the new  GENOSSETUP.PRG) and it did exactly the same thing. So I have tried it now twice with the file I downloaded today any yet I am still on V 1.20.

Your problem is that both the 1.2 update and the 1.3 update are on the same stick (or the 1.2 file is on another stick that's inserted into a USB drive). You need to delete any extraneous prg files from your sticks, so that there's only the 1.3 update accessible.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2018, 09:35:10 PM »
All,
Cannot load firmware 1.3.
Downloaded 6 times , changed sticks 8 times tried all three USB ports, reset Genos software , unplugged Genos for 24 hours.

Using Apple mac book pro -- Same as used to upgrade to 1.2
And its the only software ( root directory) on the USB stick !

What Next ?

Find a friend who has a PC, and use it to put the file on your USB stick.
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

gdc

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2018, 10:07:34 PM »
Fred, I'm going to try your suggestion to find someone with a PC and do the download that way. Strange that it worked before on my Mac with no problems. The problem seems to be that the Genos can't read the file on the stick even though the stick was formatted in the Genos.
I'll try this and report back.
Graeme

Offline stephenm52

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 10:15:50 PM »
Your problem is that both the 1.2 update and the 1.3 update are on the same stick (or the 1.2 file is on another stick that's inserted into a USB drive). You need to delete any extraneous prg files from your sticks, so that there's only the 1.3 update accessible.

Fred

I agree with Fred you must still have the 1.2 file on the stick.   I updated using my Mac to download the update.   Good luck.
GENOS, SX900, Clavinova CVP 307, Korg Pa4x.........

Steve's Genos Recordings
Steve's Gig Disks

Offline EileenL

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 10:42:11 PM »
It is best always to use a clean formatted stick for updates. Remove any other sticks from Genos . Make sure also that no update file has found its way onto user section.

Offline mcbrown

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2018, 10:58:37 PM »
I have just upgraded from 1.02 (installed at time of purchase in November 2017) to 1.30 using a SanDisk 32GB USB stick installed in the top slot on the right of the Genos and all worked perfectly. I did not have any other slots with a USB installed.

Murray
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:16:03 PM by mcbrown »
Genos + MS01, TouchMix 30 Dig Mixer, Fender Strat & Tele, Cole Clark FL3, Music Man 210 75 and Behringer: FCB1010, B1200D Subs x 2 & B205D f/b spkrs x4, Boss: GT-1 Guitar Fx, Roland: GR-55 Guitar Synth, MAUI 28 G2 & 5 GO x2, Korg EK-50L Arranger, Zoom L-8

Offline Kabota C7

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 12:01:09 AM »
All,
I only have 1.3 on all eight sticks ( some had styles on, and  all were re formatted on Genos).

I think this might be an Apple/New Yamaha Genos problem.

Martin

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 02:04:22 AM »
All,
I only have 1.3 on all eight sticks ( some had styles on, and  all were re formatted on Genos).

I think this might be an Apple/New Yamaha Genos problem.

Martin
Fat16,fat32,ntfs : all formats are NOT compatible with the Genos. Chose the good one.

gdc

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 02:53:40 AM »
Okay, the problem is solved. I went into town this morning and borrowed a PC to download the file from Yamaha's site. Came home and it worked perfectly. So, there is a problem with Macs and the files from Yamaha even though there wasn't before. I am so glad to have this solved as it was really bugging me.
Graeme

gdc

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2018, 03:06:31 AM »
PS - thanks,  Fred for the idea to use a PC and Martin, give that route a try. This 1.3 version doesn't like Macs!
Graeme

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2018, 03:51:48 AM »
It is best always to use a clean formatted stick for updates. Remove any other sticks from Genos . Make sure also that no update file has found its way onto user section.

As always, your  advice Eileen is very good,  use a clean formatted stick for updates.   I do keep all updates for later reference if needed on my PC but would never have anything but the one to be updated to on the stick. When copying a PC program from one PC to another one  - you can only do that with free software  or software like Midifile Optimizer that requires a dongle to work - one should proceed as stated by Eileen. 
I never had  problems  installing any of the Tyros or Genos updates. The instructions in the download and on the screen are very clear.

Cheers

Kaarlo

jgriffin

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2018, 07:18:23 AM »
Do the firmware updates need to be done in sequence - or rather, should I update each time or can I skip one?  I have not done update two and it's already time for update 3.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2018, 07:27:30 AM »
Do the firmware updates need to be done in sequence - or rather, should I update each time or can I skip one?  I have not done update two and it's already time for update 3.

You have only to do the last one. It includes all the previous updates.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

jgriffin

« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2018, 09:55:42 AM »
AWESOME....thanks Fred!

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2018, 10:31:35 AM »
PS - thanks,  Fred for the idea to use a PC and Martin, give that route a try. This 1.3 version doesn't like Macs!
Graeme

No problem here with Macs Graeme, Im sure it's something else. I suspect the file system on your stick. Where did you format your stick? If you used the Mac journaled system when formatting then that might be your culprit.
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

gdc

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2018, 10:45:32 AM »
It'll be interesting to see what happens next time with a future firmware update. No problems last time (before this one). I formatted the stick in the Genos, but then had to download from a PC to make it work. Very strange, but at least it's done and working!
Graeme

Offline Kabota C7

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2018, 03:13:03 AM »
Fred , Graeme,

Finally got into a windows PC.
It worked (firmware 1.3)

I think the latest software update to MacBook pro caused the problem.
It never did it with the 1.2 update -the only thing changed was an update to the Apple software !

Thanks for Help, Now back to my Fantastic Genos.

Martin