Author Topic: Expansion Pack: New audio styles/ New live Drum kit for PSR S970/S975  (Read 7952 times)

I see that some people are not very happy with the “Real Drums” voice  of this keyboards, so I want to make an expansion pack for the PSR S970/S975 keyboards with new drum sounds. First, your opinions are very important. Do you thing that I have to do a new multilayered drum kit voice or do you thing that I have to create new audio styles or replace the midi drum tracks of the factory midi styles with audio tracks played by a real professional drummer? Thanks for your attention, and good week for everyone.

computec1349

Re: Expansion Pack: New audio styles/ New live Drum kit for PSR S970/S975
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 07:23:44 AM »

If you do something, do not share it here because they will criticize you instead of supporting you :(.

regards
 Frank!

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 08:56:44 AM »
:O

Offline alanclare

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 03:32:42 PM »
If you do something, do not share it here because they will criticize you instead of supporting you :(.

regards
 Frank!

What evidence do you have for saying that?

Alan

Offline Bertie59

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2018, 11:07:37 PM »
Hi Frank ,
I think that your comment as quoted in Alan's previous post is extremely unfair - ok there may be a few folks who can be unnecessarily critical or don't take the time to thank people for sharing but the vast majority of users on this forum are very genuine and appreciative of what advice and offerings others make for their benefit.

Please don't lump us all into the "critical" unappreciative negative group which you seem to feel we all belong in.

I wouldn't normally comment on such an issue but on this occasion I feel it warrants it, as I for one, am quite offended by your comment and I'm sure others will be likewise.
Regards
Sue  :)

The following users thanked this post: alanclare

computec1349

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2018, 11:21:40 PM »
I see that some people are not very happy with the “Real Drums” voice  of this keyboards, so I want to make an expansion pack for the PSR S970/S975 keyboards with new drum sounds. First, your opinions are very important. Do you thing that I have to do a new multilayered drum kit voice or do you thing that I have to create new audio styles or replace the midi drum tracks of the factory midi styles with audio tracks played by a real professional drummer? Thanks for your attention, and good week for everyone.

Allan, I can help you! With your inttention for develop a new drums.

The following users thanked this post: rodrigo.b

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 01:20:04 AM »

Before getting deeply involved with new voices etc have you tried using a DSP in the styles to bring out the effects that are normally hidden with the default settings on Real drums and others?  On Ty5 and now on Genos I used a Distortion effect in DSP1, such as High Gain Solo with the Send for drums in the range 5 to say 15. Maybe different values are needed on the PSR. If needed at the same time low sends could also be used to increase the presence of some of the other style voices such as guitar and bass (seems to increase the "pluckability" of the latter).
John
« Last Edit: April 05, 2018, 01:29:10 AM by jwyvern »

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2018, 03:26:58 AM »
Alan and Sue,I won't talk on behalf of other members but I am one of them that Frank is referring too.
I criticized a topic that I believe is missleading people to buy an expansion pack while no one is answering our questions about the efficacy of this pack on the s970's function.
Instead we are just at the point to blame another well known member's work and "ignorance" about Yamaha keyboards...  ???

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43215.msg341082.html#msg341082

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2018, 06:42:31 AM »
Mmm... So if I understand correctly, you think that “Keyboards Tips” is cheapting people with the Genos pack.  But tell me what can we do to improve our PSR S keyboards? Maybe you think we should buy a Genos and yes it is the best solution to get the best sounds, but Genos is very expensive in some countries. Also in some countries, there is not any store that sells high-end Yamaha Keyboards.
For example here in my country there is only one well-know store that sells Yamaha Keyboards and it only has the Yamaha low-end and mid ranges keyboards. Also this store take advantage of that, selling Yamaha keyboards at very high prices.

Here we have never had the honor of having a master class with Mr.Martin Harris or Mr.Peter Baartmans and is really sad beacause they do a fantastic job demostrating Yamaha keyboards, I really like their demos.

Offline panos

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 07:27:25 AM »
No I don't really think we shall all buy a Genos or a Tyros and the most expensive speakers there is out there.
I also believe there is nothing bad about buying new packs of styles and sounds.
But while I can see that many people are not familiar with their keyboard's abilities and functions, that doesn't mean that someone may take advantage of it and claims that he will make their keyboards sound just like a Genos without telling the whole truth and how this pack works.
Eventually all new styles of Genos will be availiable for other keyboards anyway.
People allready converting them.
The higher price of Genos included the new styles and the modified old ones that reworked and sound better on it.

If you want to make your keyboard to sound better you may have to modify/equalize/edit every single part of every single style and voice to suit with your taste and the song you are playing. 
While this is a hard work to do,there are also others who do it and they sell their work the right way. 
They sell packs,styles,specific song styles,voices,registrations but they have a url page,paypal option,demonstrate their work etc

MFrost

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2018, 08:24:04 AM »
good idea :)

The following users thanked this post: ikmusic