Author Topic: My first gig with the Genos  (Read 3239 times)

My first gig with the Genos
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:43:00 AM »
Hi team,

Last Saturday night was my first gig with my duet partner. It was a St. Patty's day dance. I had transferred all my Registrations over from my T5, and then tweaked them as best as I could. The night of the gig, everything went fine. I had to make audio adjustments like a rabid octopus (if that's possible), but the adjustments were made very easy by the incredibly good usability of the Genos OS. The mixer is wonderful! That's where 99 percent of my adjustments were made. People were very pleased as we had a nearly full dance floor all evening (110 patrons).

I'm still having trouble with the Fade function being memorized on a Registration by Registration basis. Fred said to NOT include it in the memory list. To me that sounds counter-intuitive. Ideas welcome. I tried to assign the F button for fades in certain Registrations. Haven't got it working yet.

P.S. On occasion, we add a third female singer. She was in for a practice today. She has worked with us and the T5 the past four years. She couldn't believe the difference in the sound of the Genos!!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 09:44:36 AM by Lee Batchelor »
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Al Ram

Re: My first gig with the Genos
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 11:38:30 AM »
I assigned the Fade function to button D (the closest to me) on Genos.

Below please see a link to a forum discussion where it is explained how to assign it.

Hope it helps.   Thanks

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43531.msg343972.html#msg343972

AL

p.s. i have tried to assign Fade to registrations both in Tyros and Genos, but i believe you cannot do it that way.   thanks

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 12:43:28 PM »
p.s. i have tried to assign Fade to registrations both in Tyros and Genos, but i believe you cannot do it that way.   thanks

Assignable buttons can be stored in Genos registrations. You just have to make sure to check the group is check on memorization.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 01:50:05 AM »
Assignable buttons can be stored in Genos registrations. You just have to make sure to check the group is check on memorization.

Fred

Fred
This is good to know.  Thanks a lot. i will try it . . . . . have a great day.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana