Author Topic: Internal memory 58 GB  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Ingar

Internal memory 58 GB
« on: March 22, 2018, 03:29:21 AM »
My Tyros has harddisk 500GB and how will Genos work with only 58GB? I am about to buy a Genos, and I have over 700 registrations I want to transfer over, and hundreds of hundreds of other styles midifiles text and so on.. Will I bump in to a problem?

Best Regards Ingar
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:52:48 AM by Ingar »

Offline Fred Smith

Re: Internal memory 58 GB
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 04:10:11 AM »
My Tyros has harddisk 500GB and how will Genos work with only 58GB? I am about to buy a Genos, and I have over 700 registrations I want to transfer over, and hundreds of hundreds of other styles midifiles text and so on.. Will I bump in to a problem?

Best Regards Ingar

Everything you’ve mentioned is less than 1 gb. So you should have no problem. But the only way to know for sure is to check how much space you’re using on your Tyros. It’s easy to do under Utilities.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline pjd

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 05:16:41 AM »
Hi --

Not to worry. Styles and registrations are lightweight (i.e., relatively small file size). All of the styles, registrations, voices, etc. on my Genos add up to about 10 Megabytes.

The heavyweight files are audio: WAV format, and to a somewhat lesser extent, MP3 format due to compression. My audio files add up to about 6 Gigabytes.

The Genos backup feature allows one to include or exclude audio files from a back-up. I exclude audio files and the back-up file ("Genos.bup") is only 13 Megabytes.

I transfered the audio files to Genos using "USB Storage Mode," Reference Manual, page 151. This is a relatively fast way to transfer files to and from Genos. It's also a good way to back-up audio files, too. In USB Storage Mode, the Genos behaves as if the internal memory is a USB flash drive on your personal computer. Very handy.

Hope this info helps -- pj

Offline EileenL

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 08:00:14 AM »
I have lots of Audio files and hundreds of styles plus Gig sets. Cant think of much else I would want to add and I have only used about 30Gb. I also have a 64Gb USB stick fixed under the keyboard as Back up should I need it.