Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

Make your own Genos screenprotector

(1/3) > >>

robbiedoes:
Because I didn't like the fingerprints every time I've played the Genos, I found a simple and easy solution to make your own screen protector. I'm also worried that the fingerprints will damage the touch sensitive screenlayer by leaving nasty spots.

As most Genos users have notices, there is a thin plastic layer on the screen that responds to pressure. So using a screenprotector with a little sticky layer seems to be a bad idea, leaving nasty airbubbles and having troubles removing the screenprotector.

So I made my own screenprotector by using a simple, cheap A4 pocket sleeve (used to put A4 paper in ordners). Advantages:
- cheap
- soft plastic
- passing light and clear screen picture
- it has a light stucture causing an anti-clare layer which doesn't show much fingerprints
- doesn't stick, so no airbubbles
- easy to remove and/or to replace

After secure cutting a piece of 202mm x 118mm, it is ready to be put on the Genos screen. Just make sure to clean the Genos screen (for the last time ;D). There is a little margin under the hard plastic edge of the screen, so the created screen protector doesn't leave open gaps.

Rien5:
Robbie,
Thank you for the excellent proposal.
I did the same this evening and it meets my expectations !
Regards,
Rien

robbiedoes:
Hello Rien,

Nice to read that it helped you :).

Al Ram:
Great idea !!

I will try it . . . .

For those not familiar with the metric system and millimeters,

the measurements provided by Robbie translate to 8 inches by 4 inches 5/8.   plus or minus one millimeter or 1/16 of an inch.

I already cut a paper template and will try with the inlay sheet tomorrow.   

thanks  a lot

Lee Batchelor:
Robbie, you're not as dumb as I look (LOL)!! Thanks for the tip. I shall give it a whirl. I have a bunch of those exact sleeves. Never thought of re-purposing them like that. Best...

- Lee :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version