Author Topic: 3 finger trick  (Read 4473 times)

Offline motekmusic

3 finger trick
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:39:09 PM »
 :)

Hello,

Recently instead of letting the drum accmp. just play while holding down 3 fingers, the machine is NOT OBEYING
Do i do a system reset???   
Anybody have idea how to fix this.??

Been having computer woes for the past half month so just starting to get back in the swing , and all those beautiful
drum rhythms are not.

hope explained this okay
thanks
cheers
elaine
\\\"I have suffered for my music, now it\\\'s your turn\\\"   Neil Innes

Offline tyrosaurus

Re: 3 finger trick
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 11:57:31 PM »
Hi Elaine,

The '3 finger trick' will only work with certain chord fingering types (Fingered, Fingered on Bass, and AI Fingered).

So you should check the fingering type currently set on your keyboard.

If you have been using the 'trick' until recently, you must normally use one of the above fingering types, but it can be changed by registrations, so perhaps you have recently used a third party registration which contains a different type.

If this is what has happened, ideally you need need to identify which one and change it, but unless you regularly want to switch types from registrations, the simplest thing to do is to place a checkmark against the 'Fingering' box in the 'Parameter Lock' table. This will stop the fingering type being changed by any means other than manually or by a system reset.

Regards

Ian

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2018, 12:17:05 AM »

Thanks so much Ian,

Will give your Fix a whirl.. sounds logical.

cheers
elaine

Offline motekmusic

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2018, 01:11:00 AM »
 :)

Yes, Ian you were right on.

It was the chord fingering types.

Thanks so much,,

cheers
elaine

Offline valio7771

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 06:50:28 PM »
Hi Elaine,

It doesn't have to use 3 fingers only, you can elaborate more on that using your 5 fingers to trigger chords, and if you get used to the tricks, you can sound very convincingly.
I use it on 'AI Fingered' mode, and there is a lot of flexibility in it.

For example:

If you hold C E G C, bass plays only the root note that in this case is C.
If you hold C F A C, bass will still play C because you have it in a octave, which can be useful in some cases (sounds like F Major over C bass).
If you hold just E C, while E is the lowest note that you're pressing, it will play C major over E.

And there are many more examples like these, experiment yourself and see how flexible it is.

Cheers

Valentin