Yamaha Keyboards (4 Boards) > Yamaha Keyboards - General

How much of a real difference in styles?

(1/4) > >>

ekurburski:
OK, I'm blown away with all of the conversions of styles allowing me to play the styles from newer kbs on my 3000.  The question comes up if I can play a Geno's style on my 3000 how do I justify the purchase of a Geno's or any TOL KB when I can add great sounds with a controller kb and virtual synths for solo work.  I can add protools first which has xpand 2 for free!

Earl

Ed B:
Earl
You have to take and play any new keyboard when you are planning to upgrade. You will find the styles will sound much better and you will have many more features to enhance your performance. Then its a trade-off.
Regards
Ed B

Toril S:
Hello Earl! On my old PSR 2100 I could only play SFF1 styles, and had to use floppy disks. On my S970 I still have all my beloved SFF1 styles from my old keyboard, and in addition I don't have to be limited by floppies any more, and I have the audio recorder and many other functions. But you are right, I guess you can do a lot of things with computer programs, and you have the 3000. If I remember correctly that keyboard has USB. I still think my 2100 sounded better in some ways than my S970, so I am keeping it as a backup keyboard.
All the best, Toril S

ekurburski:
hey, Toril.   Thats interesting. your 2100 sounds better than the 970!

Pino:
I have the 3000, 910, 950 and 970 side by side in my studio sometimes

It really depends what music you want to play

If I want Big Band, orchestral or smooth ballads
Then the older keyboards are better, warmer sound

If modern music or guitars, then the S970 sounds better,

And it’s easy to load any style even from the new Genos
You just need something like StyleMagic/ mixmaster,

Pino

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page