Author Topic: transferring files to usb?  (Read 6705 times)

ekurburski

transferring files to usb?
« on: March 19, 2018, 10:16:19 AM »
I'm working on building my own gig disk.  I save 10 styles to dir called Earls gig #1. First, where on the flash drive do I save it? Second, is the style with all its parts now playable from this location? Next seeing as how there are 4 parts to the style a, b, c & d can I change the parts that are played in each version as part of the style?  For instance have only drums on a, drums and bass on b, drums, bass and rhythm on c and addind the whole bg rhythm and pads on d?  I'm thinking that if I can save the styles this way consistently. I would be able to better use them live.

Also, when I save ots , this only affects the voices in right hand, correct?

Earl

Offline travlin-easy

Re: transferring files to usb?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2018, 08:24:26 AM »
I'm working on building my own gig disk.  I save 10 styles to dir called Earls gig #1. First, where on the flash drive do I save it?

You can save it anywhere on the flash drive you wish, but I would recommend creating a folder and calling it Earl's Gig Disk #1, etc... and in parenthesis list the type of songs, rock, country, swing, etc... Makes life easier.

Second, is the style with all its parts now playable from this location?

Yes, but only if you store the style file on the USB drive as well. If it is stored in the keyboard's onboard user area and you use your USB drive on another keyboard, you will be able to locate the style file.

Next seeing as how there are 4 parts to the style a, b, c & d can I change the parts that are played in each version as part of the style?  For instance have only drums on a, drums and bass on b, drums, bass and rhythm on c and addind the whole bg rhythm and pads on d?

Yes. Using the mixing console, you can mute or activate any part of the style and save that configuration to the variation you wish. The Multi-pads can be accessed from any variation and are embedded within the style.

I'm thinking that if I can save the styles this way consistently. I would be able to better use them live.

Also, when I save ots , this only affects the voices in right hand, correct?

Yes, it only effects the right hand voices.

Earl

Hope this helps,

Gary 8)
Love Those Yammies...