Author Topic: File structure question  (Read 3942 times)

File structure question
« on: March 19, 2018, 04:45:55 AM »
Hi all,

I decided to avoid bringing USB drives to gigs as a main file system. The earlier explanations given to me were very much appreciated, however, confusing. So, I decided to try working in the User area for Registrations that use both system and custom styles. I did the following and would appreciate a yes or no, as to whether my ideas are correct. Thanks in advance.

• All Registrations from the T5 are loaded to the User drive in the Genos.
  • Some Registrations have styles that are custom made by me. The custom styles have been added to the User area of the Styles bank.
  • After adding a custom style, I go into the Registration and add the custom style so that the Registration points to the correct custom style. Then, Save.

Everything works 100 percent. I much prefer to have everything right on the Genos drive. Too little faith in long term USB drives from a read/write point of view and theft or loss. I am aware of the secret compartment. I will of course, bring backups on a few USB drives to every gig, just in case.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Bill

Re: File structure question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 04:51:18 AM »
Hi Lee

If it works for you, it's the correct way.

Bill
England

Current KB:  YAMAHA GENOS 2

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

Re: File structure question
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 05:23:54 AM »
Thanks Bill. At first, I was reluctant to use the User drive because of how I perceived everyone's descriptions about how the file paths had to be specified and all that stuff. I've learned that the Genos file structure and commands are very much the same as the T5, but less convoluted.

Although, it's a bit of a task to perform a Save operation, if not laughable. I have a really hard time with those idiotic Save here commands. What the heck's wrong with Paste?!! Is Yamaha that thick?
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.