Author Topic: Is my picture upside down?  (Read 8839 times)

Offline Grayfox

Is my picture upside down?
« on: March 18, 2018, 09:01:23 PM »
Someone has told me my picture is upside down, but it is the correct way up in my IPad
But it’s strange because I just went onto this site in my PC and it is upside down there.
I tried reinstalling it but it is still upside down in my PC but not in my IPad.
Observations please.
Graham.
Graham Foxall

Current Yamaha GENOS + GNS MS01
with 2 Yamaha MSR100 Speakers

Offline panos

Re: Is my picture upside down?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2018, 09:10:21 PM »
It is upside down Graham.
That is why the other day people were asking if this has something to do with the town you are living.
We thought you doing it for a reason. :)

tyrosman

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 01:25:18 AM »
its still upside down ;D ;D ;D

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2018, 01:52:58 AM »
Yeah, I thought you had done it on purpose!

I'm not sure why it isn't upside down on your iPad, but I think the only way to fix it on the computer is to use a graphics editor or photo app to rotate the image 180 degrees. Then if the photo looks backwards (mirror image) you'll need to flip it horizontally. Once corrected on the computer, you should be able to upload the modified image to your avatar.

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2018, 02:50:36 AM »
I have now rotated the picture in my Pc so that it is now the right way up.
But when I looked in my IPad it is now up side down.

SO HOW ARE YOU SEEING IT ????

This is stupid
GRAHAM
Graham Foxall

Offline panos

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2018, 03:02:51 AM »
Now it is fine Graham!

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2018, 03:18:09 AM »
It's now rightside up on the computer. I don't know why your iPad is displaying it upside down. I'll try it on my iPad and see what it looks like. I have noticed on other occasions (and on other forums) where someone would post a photo from their phone and it would be upside down on the computer. If you took the photo with your phone, there might be an option on the phone related to the Camera app that has some bearing on this, but I don't know. How did you take the photo-- on a phone, and if so, what is the OS-- and what model of iPad are you on? I can check on my iPad 2 and iPad 5, and I can borrow my father's iPhone 8 to check it.

EDIT -- Yep, it's now upside down on my iPad 2. I'll check the Settings to see if there's anything for default orientation when taking photos with the Camera app.

EDIT #2 -- I don't see any relevant settings, but there are many articles about this issue on the web:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=why+are+the+photos+i+took+on+my+phone+displayed+upside+down+on+my+computer&form=EDNTHN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=1f9a8b34c0b54c88c8e95d6bf84b71b2&sp=-1&pq=undefined&sc=0-26&qs=n&sk=&cvid=1f9a8b34c0b54c88c8e95d6bf84b71b2
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 03:40:55 AM by SeaGtGruff »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2018, 03:39:49 AM »
Those cheap ipads from Australia!! :o ;D
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2018, 03:43:19 AM »
Those cheap ipads from Australia!! :o ;D

I didn't know there was any such thing as a cheap iPad, or cheap anything Apple! ;)

Offline panos

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2018, 04:06:21 AM »
Bugs and cockroaches on iPad too John!  ;D 

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2018, 04:27:58 AM »
Graham, it looks like the photo might be squashed a bit horizontally, so I'm wondering if it might be in a landscape orientation and was auto-resized to a square shape when you uploaded it to your avatar?

If you want to email the original photo to me, I can use one of my graphics editors to crop it to a nice square shape, resize it as needed, and make sure there are no special codes embedded in it which might be causing this issue, then send it back to you so you can upload it to your avatar. If you want to try that, just send it to me at SeaGtGruff@yahoo.com. :)

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2018, 06:46:54 AM »
If you would be so kind as to email me your original photo, Graham, I will modify the image and subsequently replace your Avatar in your profile account.  :)

I'll then return the original and the modified photos to you for your archive.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline tomtomsf

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2018, 10:22:10 AM »
It is right side up, now. But it used to be upside down.
I kinda liked it like that - thought you were expressing your individuality.
 :)
Tom G.
Tyros 4

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2018, 05:25:24 PM »
My IPad is only ten months old and is the IPad Air.
Yes the picture is squeezed but it does make me look thinner so I’m not complaining about that.
If you could put some hair on my head I would look a lot younger.
Graham
Graham Foxall

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2018, 05:52:08 PM »
If you would be so kind as to email me your original photo, Graham, I will modify the image and subsequently replace your Avatar in your profile account.  :)

I'll then return the original and the modified photos to you for your archive.  :)

Thank you for your offer Roger, but I have sent it to SeaGtGruff now, so I hope he can do something with it for me.
It would be nice if members names could be shown in their posts, it would be much more friendly.
Best Wishes
Graham
Graham Foxall

Offline PierreSW

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2018, 06:05:51 PM »
Here is a solution to the problem. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
YAMAHA Genos 2, YAMAHA MFC10, Bose L1 II-pa,Mixer T1 ToneMatch, ZUM STEEL.

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2018, 07:29:57 PM »
Thank you for your offer Roger, but I have sent it to SeaGtGruff now, so I hope he can do something with it for me.
It would be nice if members names could be shown in their posts, it would be much more friendly.

I've just sent you a cropped and resized image, so hopefully that will solve the conundrum. :)

Members can set up signature lines on their profiles so they don't have to keep typing their names at the end of each post, but that works only if it's filled in. :)

Some people like to use their actual names as their forum member names, but I used "SeaGtGruff" because that's been my online ID since 1995. It's a bit of an abbreviation of "Sea Goat Gruff," because I'm a Capricorn and I like bad puns-- in this case it's from "The Three Billy Goats Gruff." Apparently some people think it's supposed to be "Sergeant Gruff," and a few people even thought the "SeaGt" was supposed to be "Sea Gate"! :) I would have spelled it out all the way but in 1995 when I first went online AOL had a maximum limit of 10 characters for their member names, so I settled for a slightly abbreviated ID. It's always fun (not!) to be in the checkout line of a store and be asked if I want to give my email address so they can email my receipt and send me special offers, because if I say it and spell it out they invariably get it wrong, so I usually just write it down for them.

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2018, 05:43:20 PM »
Thanks for your help Michael, but I now have another problem.
If you look at my attached pictures you will see all the icons have gone on the left and where the members ratings were there are now just *******
Is it something I have done?
Graham

[attachment deleted by admin]
Graham Foxall

SeaGtGruff

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 06:06:45 PM »
It shows up correctly in my browser, so I think what you're experiencing must be related to the issue being discussed in the "where are the icons" topic:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43773.0.html

Offline Grayfox

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 06:08:18 PM »
Oh! Thank you, that was quick.
Graham
Graham Foxall

Offline panos

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2018, 05:44:50 AM »
The problem with the picture is settled just fine Graham and you are lucky.
When I gave my picture to Michael to fix it, I was holding a Genos and look what I got now ;D ;D ;D   
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 05:45:55 AM by panos »