Genos (12 Boards) > Genos - General

This glitch in Genos is anoying me.

(1/4) > >>

Grayfox:
Please have a listen to this song.  Around bar 13/14 when switching back to just flute and piano there is a little glitch which is really annoying me.
The only way I can get rid of it is to pause till the previous registration has died away, which spoils the flow. It could be edited out in the recording but doesn’t help me when playing live.
Has anyone else had this problem with Genos?
Graham

This https://soundcloud.com/user-583491683/the-rose-played-on-yamaha-genos

valimaties:

--- Quote from: Grayfox on March 18, 2018, 08:34:02 PM ---Please have a listen to this song.  Around bar 13/14 when switching back to just flute and piano there is a little glitch which is really annoying me.
The only way I can get rid of it is to pause till the previous registration has died away, which spoils the flow. It could be edited out in the recording but doesn’t help me when playing live.
Graham

This https://soundcloud.com/user-583491683/the-rose-played-on-yamaha-genos

--- End quote ---

Yes, it is known this fact and has been discussed.
That's about SSS - Smooth Sound Switching ...

Regards,
Vali

Fred Smith:

--- Quote from: Grayfox on March 18, 2018, 08:34:02 PM ---Please have a listen to this song.  Around bar 13/14 when switching back to just flute and piano there is a little glitch which is really annoying me.

--- End quote ---

This has been a problem with Yamaha keyboards every since DSPs were introduced. In the future, if you want the problem truly fixed, look for a keyboard with a Seamless Sound Switching feature.

For a Genos, your options are:
1. Take your hands off the keyboard when switching sounds (yes, I know this isn't always practical).
2. Don't use DSPs with your voices.
3. If you're switching between single voices, then have one voice in Right1 and the next in Right2. It's when you switch in the same position (Right1, for example) with a different DSP that causes the problem. If you're switching from one voice to two (or two to one), again, use different Right positions.

Hope this helps,
Fred

Grayfox:
Thankyou, Fred and Vali for all your help. I understand it better now.
Regards
Graham

Duffy:
Don't know what's so hard about putting this problem right. My Technics and Rolands did seamless sound switching 15 years ago.
I do love my Genos but this is a pain in the butt and always has been with Yamaha.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version