Author Topic: Organ Voices for S710  (Read 7523 times)

Tom S

Organ Voices for S710
« on: March 16, 2018, 01:36:04 AM »
Hi, I recently learned of voice expansion packs offered by Yamaha. Unfortunately, expansion packs won't work for the S710. I'm looking for some of the organ voices included in the Church organ pack OR some Tyros 5 organ voices that may be available. In particular, I'm looking for the organ tutti or organ prinzipal. Can anyone point me to where I might be able to download these voices?
THANKS!

Offline DerekA

Re: Organ Voices for S710
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 02:17:57 AM »
Sadly, it doesn't work like that.

The expansion packs contain new sample waveforms. Those organ voices you've mentioned are deep and rich (I have the Church pack for the S770) - quite different to the ones built in.

The S710 can only work with the waveforms that are already built into it. You can tweak the settings on those voices, but you cannot add new ones. If you took a voice file from a Tyros, it would either do nothing, or would play one of the built-in samples.
Genos

Tom S

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 04:51:47 AM »
Thanks, Derek!  It looks like I'm going to have to look into a 670 to get those awesome voices. I greatly appreciate your help!
Thanks,
TOM

Offline DerekA

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 07:29:33 PM »
The 670 is a great keyboard, better spec'd than the S750 so certainly a jump up from S710.

it's expansion memory is a bit on the small side, but the church pack is available for S670 as it's one of the smaller packs in terms of wave size.

If you're planning on making a lot of use of expansion you're better moving up to S770 / S775 - they are more expensive though.
Genos

Tom S

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 04:01:18 AM »
Thanks for the info. I would love to jump in and get a new keyboard, however, I must decide how much I enjoy being married to how much I would enjoy my new keyboard. Decisions...decisions!
Actually the S710 has been a wonderful keyboad and serves my purpose at this time. But those new voices really are great! Perhaps in a little while.
Thanks, TOM