Author Topic: Greetings from New Zealand  (Read 5757 times)

Offline Mikk

Greetings from New Zealand
« on: March 13, 2018, 10:30:25 AM »
I have been a member for a while and have been pretty lax with you guys, sorry.
I just want to say that there has been a few times I have come to the forum and have found a lot of valuable information which has helped me.
I have just purchased a Tyros 4 which is like new and am slowly coming to grips with it.
I put the reference manual PDF onto my Ipad and spend about 1/2 hour every night studying it.

A few years ago I had this  idea that if I got a better keyboard, I would be able to play better. Don't work.
Only way for me to play better is to practice every day for at least 30 minutes plus watching others play the keys, mostly from Youtube.
I am now studying your questions that have had no replies to and hope I can help out with a sensible answer.
bye for now.
I Believe in the K.I.S.S. Principle.

There is no cloud. It is storage space
                     on someones computer.

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: Greetings from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 11:34:36 AM »
Hi Mikk,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for becoming a member.  I'm sure you're going to learn a great deal about your new Tyros 4 keyboard here on the forum and will experience many pleasurable hours playing it.  I play a tyros 4 too and it's a great keyboard.

You’ll want to be sure to visit the Home page and check out some of the tutorials you will find links to there.  This link will take you to the Home page of the website: http://psrtutorial.com/

Should you later decide to become a supporting member, which will include lifetime membership, other forum boards will become available to you, as well as a wealth of additional musical knowledge; however, there is absolutely no obligation to do so.  You may also use the following link to discover the full benefit of becoming a Supporting Member of the PSR Tutorial.

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,15536.0.html

You’ll also gain access to an Excel Song Index database, made available to supporting members by our good friend Peter (XeeniX), which presently contains 48,000 plus song titles in over 700 indexed books.  This index is updated often.

In lieu of making a donation only, you may also order any of the websites resources, which can be found at the following link:

http://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/productsum.html

Joe Waters updated “Supporting the PSR Tutorial”, on August 27, 2017, which can be found here:

https://psrtutorial.com/cdrom/index.html

Finally, if you would like to be included in our PSR Tutorial Member Map that will allow you to place your Pin on the map, which will disclose your location to other forum members, you’ll find information at the following link:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,41022.msg321765/topicseen.html#msg321765

We’re so glad you've decided to become a member and very happy you've decided to become a part of this great forum family.  If you have any questions, then please just ask.  There are many members here that are always very willing to help you.
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Jewel Palmer

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 07:04:21 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Mikk.    I also live in New Zealand (Mosgiel, Otago).      Where are you?     I have been a member of the Forum for many years and have found it most informative and helpful.     I have a Tyros 5 which I am really thrilled with and I also still have a Tyros 1 which I use to play at one of our Dance Clubs.     I started a group a few years ago to try and help friends with the working of the Yamaha keyboards (not teaching music).      I still have a lot to learn myself and I find that belonging to Forums like this has been extremely helpful and I am sure you will find this also.

Kind regards
"Melodies" (Jewel)

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 09:51:58 PM »
Wellcome to the forum Mikk  :)

Offline Gloria

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2018, 05:31:23 AM »
Hello and to quote you - -"I have just purchased a Tyros 4 which is like new and am slowly coming to grips with it.  I put the reference manual PDF onto my Ipad and spend about 1/2 hour every night studying it.

Good for you Mikk!  That is one of the best ways to learn & also, please do not hesitate to ask ? on this forum!

Regards, Gloria
"Music is the Universal Language"
PSR Performer Page

Offline Mikk

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2018, 01:48:46 PM »
Hello Jewel,
I live in Martinborough.  A quiet little village  during the week except gets over run with tourists in the weekends and holidays.
thanks to Roger, Gloria and Panos.
 Oh Roger, I would like to become a supporting member and also purchase any Material that relates to Tyros 4, Tyros 2, Kn7000. and PA4x keyboards. do I need to make a donation as well to become a supporting member?

Just been downloading a few tutorials for those keyboards from Youtube. I use "Aimersoft"   to do that. I also download some music from Youtube and get Aimersoft to convert it to mp3, which I can then run in "Riffstation". that gives me all the chords in real time. Very helpful for me.
all the best to you .
Mike.

I Believe in the K.I.S.S. Principle.

There is no cloud. It is storage space
                     on someones computer.

Offline Roger Brenizer

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2018, 02:31:18 PM »
Hi Mike,

You may purchase one or several of the website's resources or make a donation and you will then become a Supporting Member of the forum.  Even if you don't purchase anything and just make a donation, Joe Waters will still send you some of the website's resources.  If you know specifically what you would like to buy, then it's best to purchase those assets and that way you will get what you want.

Just look back at my original post and click on the links I provided for you.  Thank you for wanting to become a Supporting Member of this great forum and website.  :)
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page

Offline Toril S

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2018, 01:31:26 AM »
Hello Mikk. Welcome to the forum! And good luck with your T4. It's a great keyboard!
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page