Author Topic: Wooden part under the keyboard  (Read 5772 times)

arvacon

Wooden part under the keyboard
« on: March 13, 2018, 03:03:22 AM »
I was surprised that nobody has mentioned about this, but there is a wooden part (probably a kind of MDF) under the s770 case, as opposite to e453 that it is plain plastic. It seems this is used for helping the speakers have better bass sound and makes the keyboard more robust.

But I have some concern about what is the right way that we should place the keyboard up to the stand. I don't use the official Yamaha stand, I have a simple X-style stand and as I can see, the wooden part is not leveled with the back of the plastic case, it is about 2-3mm deeper, so I use the back plastic lip of the case to support it, as I scare that the weight can damage the wood.

This keyboard weights 11 kilos, so I was wondering, is it ok to rest that with the wooden part to touching the stand or make the stand to hold the weight at the rear plastic edge of the case?
I am worry a little that the wood will decay from the friction and the weight if it holds so much weight, but also if the weight supported only at the plastic edge, it seems not good for the case too.

What is your suggestions?

Ps: It is not visible at the photos, but as I have it now, the rubber part of stand doesn't touch the wood (it leaves a small space between the stand and the wood).

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 03:15:12 AM by arvacon »

Offline panos

Re: Wooden part under the keyboard
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2018, 03:44:27 AM »
Hey arvacon the new keyboard finally has arrived?  :D
That is the way I also place my psr on an X style stand.
The keyboard lays down on the 2 plastics of the stand(back and front)  to keep it more standy while playing.
It doesn't touch the iron branches of the stand at all.
I don't know about the Mfd but I guess they made it to support the weight of the keyboard.
I don't care much about scratces under my keyboard.
It is like my car parking on a street,you cannot avoid them.
I care about the dust, so I keep it covered (when I remember to do it  ;D )

WolfBack

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 03:44:55 AM »
I have the same X-Style stand for almost 1,5 years.
My front stand rubbers holds the plastic part of the case and the rear the wooded part.
No cracks, no scratches or any visible damage as I can see right now.
As my s770 holds only its weight and nothing more (e.g. myself laying on the keypad taking a nap or something like that  ;) ), I think there's no reason to worry about.

Με'γειες! Καλές συνθέσεις σου εύχομαι!

arvacon

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 03:56:25 AM »
Hey arvacon the new keyboard finally has arrived?  :D

Finally yesss!!  ;D

No cracks, no scratches or any visible damage as I can see right now.
As my s770 holds only its weight and nothing more (e.g. myself laying on the keypad taking a nap or something like that  ;) ), I think there's no reason to worry about.
Με'γειες! Καλές συνθέσεις σου εύχομαι!

That's good news then.
I will try to avoid taking naps on the keyboard, but it's hard to avoid this as I almost sleep on this, at the last days!  :P

Ευχαριστω για τις ευχες!  ;)

Offline Toril S

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 04:13:06 AM »
Hi Arvacon. I also use an x stand, and do as the others. No problems. I think the keyboard is heavy enough as it is, and to think they put a wooden block in it!!! :)
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline jondav

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 05:29:30 AM »
I use an X stand for my 770, what I did, just to be on the safe side, was to wrap some plastic foam sheeting around the top supports to cushion the weight secured with rubber bands. the 770 is quite a bit heavier than my previous casio, which the stand was originally for.

WolfBack

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 05:52:07 AM »
I use an X stand for my 770, what I did, just to be on the safe side, was to wrap some plastic foam sheeting around the top supports to cushion the weight secured with rubber bands. the 770 is quite a bit heavier than my previous casio, which the stand was originally for.
You mean something like my photo?
I just added this rubber/foam on my stand branches just to avoid the slippery of my instrument.
And, yes, it works like a charm!

[attachment deleted by admin]

arvacon

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2018, 06:10:37 AM »
That extra protection belt seems nice idea too.

WolfBack

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2018, 06:49:04 AM »
That extra protection belt seems nice idea too.
The idea comes when I saw this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30zH4FFokKc
 :o

arvacon

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2018, 07:05:38 AM »
The idea comes when I saw this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30zH4FFokKc
 :o

*** και τρια lol!!  :o ;D