Author Topic: Third party Genos video tutorials coming!!  (Read 3919 times)

Offline StuartR

Third party Genos video tutorials coming!!
« on: March 13, 2018, 12:45:33 AM »
Soundpacks.Co.UK is has decided to produce a series of professional videos which will be designed to help you to learn more about your instrument.

Quoting from their email :

"Our first video productions will be:

EQ - Making the sound of Genos suit your taste
Reverb and FX Settings - Using reverb with genos
Piano - Making CFX sound better

We would love to make sure that we make tutorials that YOU want and would like to ask you if there any subjects that we can help you with.
Already we have a long list with items such as recording, multi pads, singing vocals with multi-pads, assigning effects to the slider controls and much more, but sometimes your feedback gives us lots of new ideas.

We will also be including video tutorials which help you to play in a particular musical style. We have had so many emails asking if we could share with you our registration settings for Roy Orbison and James Last!

We will also be showing tips on how to play in the style of the artist and also how to create your own registrations.

LIVE tutorials
We will be holding special live tutorials where you can join us and ask questions live during our broadcast. More details of these special events will be sent to you by email, so please make sure that you and your friends are subscribers to our newsletter.

We aim to build up a gallery of tuition videos and hope you enjoy learning how to use your Genos with us."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 12:47:47 AM by StuartR »

Re: Third party Genos video tutorials coming!!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 08:26:30 AM »
Fantastic idea! My number one priority is to play live gigs. The Genos is pretty easy in that department.

However, I'd also like to record MIDI with a DAW - Cubase 8 to be exact. It would be great to see a tutorial on that topic, with special attention to defining terms. PLEASE DO NOT talk about the various settings unless you describe them perfectly in layman's terms. Otherwise, you're just wasting our time. Audience analysis is critical. You could be the first ones to produce a recording video tailored to a novice audience. Every piece of literature or instructional video on YouTube is designed for experts only. It leaves the rest of us with the musical talent but no way to express it in the studio. Glad to hear you're taking this on. Well done!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2018, 08:38:30 AM »
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Pino

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2018, 09:51:01 AM »
Thanks Joe for this info

I’ve not seen these videos before.

Pino

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »
Thanks Joe. I shall give those a look-see :).

Loving this new Genos!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.