Author Topic: User Styles on Yamaha CSP 150/170  (Read 8919 times)

amigo

User Styles on Yamaha CSP 150/170
« on: March 12, 2018, 06:08:26 AM »
Hello all!

I have been reading posts on this forum for quite a while, but I had nothing with which to contribute in the past. Come to think of it, I don't have anything with which to contribute now, but I do have a question that I could not find answered anywhere on the web.

With previous Yamaha arrangers there are ways to create user styles and load them on the arranger. However, with the CSP series the control is almost entirely by the Smart Pianist app running on an external device. Does anyone happen to know if there is a way of creating user styles and load them in the Smart Pianist app?

Many thanks,
Jon

PS: I posted the question in this forum as the CSPs seems to resemble the CVPs most in features.

Offline panos

Re: User Styles on Yamaha CSP 150/170
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 07:25:47 AM »
Hi Jon,
CSP is not exactly an arranger keyboard.
It is a digital piano.
The arranger series (psr s,tyros,genos) and portable keyboards series (psr e,psr w,Ypt)
are more "dedicated" to styles than digital pianos which are "dedicated" to ressemble a real piano.
I am just writting this to answer your question why you may not be able to create a style on a digital piano although you can do it in less expencive or older keyboards.

I don't Know if someone familiar with this application can answer to your question about creating styles in another program  and play them with the Smart Pianist app.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrFOT80OOdg

Smart Pianist features an "Audio To Score" function that automatically creates a piano accompaniment score from songs on your smart device, allowing you to enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/smart_pianist/index.html#product-tabs

amigo

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 07:21:50 PM »
Hello Panos,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I know that the CSP is a digital piano, but then again the CVPs are too, and I am led to believe that the styles files can be ported (with some effort) from the arranger keyboards to the CVPs, as he files containing the Yamaha Styles can be manipulated on a computer and then loaded onto an arranger keyboard or a CVP.

I could not find any information, as I said, about creating own styles on a CSP, maybe someone who owns one could elucidate me?

Many thanks,
Jon

Bachus

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 09:25:11 PM »
Hi Jon,
CSP is not exactly an arranger keyboard.
It is a digital piano.
The arranger series (psr s,tyros,genos) and portable keyboards series (psr e,psr w,Ypt)
are more "dedicated" to styles than digital pianos which are "dedicated" to ressemble a real piano.
I am just writting this to answer your question why you may not be able to create a style on a digital piano although you can do it in less expencive or older keyboards.

I don't Know if someone familiar with this application can answer to your question about creating styles in another program  and play them with the Smart Pianist app.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrFOT80OOdg

Smart Pianist features an "Audio To Score" function that automatically creates a piano accompaniment score from songs on your smart device, allowing you to enjoy playing along with your favorite tunes.

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_instruments/pianos/apps/smart_pianist/index.html#product-tabs

Actually the csp is both a piano as well as an arranger..
It has the arranger hardware engine(and sounds) of the cvp series and psr-s series inside
The only thing it lacks is the controll interface
And thats where the smart-pianist app comes in
The smart pianist app on the csp series is more advanced then on other models
You controll styles inside the CSP's arranger, these are the same 4 variation styles as in the psr-s series. And the styles are inside the csp, and the ipad app is just a controll interface..(incontrary to all other models that use the app, where the styles are part of the app)

Sadly there is no way to load user style YET...
but the app is under continoues development..
And improving probably while i write this..

Yamaha is taking the arranger further and further into the piano world
And everyone loves it...

Offline Djangobaer

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 10:14:43 AM »
Hello CSP-Friends!
I am from Austria and got a CSP-170 in April. I am a beginner playing keyboard. So with that falling lights I can play very quick easy songs and I am very happy with that.

I've learned a lot about midi-conversation from PC to Calvi in the past month and found a huge amount of information in the web.
In the following weeks I will make any files to give that Knowledge into the forum.
Also I will be happy to find something new Infos here.

In that days I am more interested in setting voices and do some changes in Sysex and Metaevents.
In the moment I am not able to change the voice I play on the keyboard using  "Guide", "Right" and " Left" on the "Main", "Left", "Layer" and "Split-Point" via MIDI-File.
I only found the Meta Event "Keyboard Voices". But they are not Changeable and are very long.
Giving more Infos on that in a few days.

My next step will be working with styles. I found also a lot of Infos about that theme and I will make a Overview abaut the founded Websits.

Seeing forward and keep funny playing.
Sorry about my bad english.

Harald

Yamaha Clavinova CSP-170
iPad - Smart Pianist - MixMaster - Forte - Notation - Cubase - Cubasis - ConPianist