Author Topic: Genos Fade out function - gone ?  (Read 20140 times)

Offline Al Ram

Genos Fade out function - gone ?
« on: March 10, 2018, 10:53:57 AM »
Genos came with the fade-out function assigned from factory to Assignable button D.

After i upgraded to the latest firmware, this button D is now assigned to 'Score' . . .

Page 65 of the Genos user manual V1.20 indicates that function Fade-in and Fade-out can be assigned to assignable buttons A to F.

I looked everywhere in the Genos menu and could not find the Fade-out function in order to assign to button D again.

Is the fade-out function gone . . .  ? 

can it be re-assigned to a button . . .  ?

how do you do fade-out now on Genos ?

any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance.

AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Tyros5Mad

Re: Genos Fade out function - gone ?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2018, 11:40:47 AM »
On My Genos with firmware 1.20, fade is assigned by default to Button F.

Offline zionip

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2018, 11:53:17 AM »
Hi Al,

Menu - Menu1 - Assignable, touch the button you want "Fade In / Fade Out" to assign to, go to pop-up page 10/13, and the option "Fade In/Out" is there as shown by following screen capture:

I had the "Rotary SP/Assignable" button assigned the "Fade In/Out" function on firmware 1.10.  After Genos 1.20 firmware update, the "Rotary SP/Assignable" remains "Fade In/Out", not affected by firmware update.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 11:58:22 AM by zionip »

The following users thanked this post: MusicMan

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 11:55:07 AM »
I assign it to the Rotary Sp button (via Menu>Assignable>Rotary Sp) because that puts it in a similar position as on the Tyros.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2018, 12:40:38 PM »
RichardL   
thanks.   After firmware upgrade to 1.20 no button was assigned to fade function.

Paul,
thanks so much for the pictures, that was extremely helpful.  I assigned to button D.

Fred,
thanks a lot, i also assigned it to rotary button.   

So now i have it in two places, left and right.

thanks a lot.   Your help is greatly appreciated.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 08:46:59 PM »
The update did not alter anything I had assigned even those at the bottom of the screen remained.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2018, 08:49:21 PM »
The update did not alter anything I had assigned even those at the bottom of the screen remained.

I agree. The upgrade to 1.20 did not change any of my assignments.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Al Ram

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2018, 11:50:20 PM »
In my case, the upgrade did affect the assigned buttons for some reason.   But, it does not matter anymore. 

Thanks to all your advise on this forum i now have it back.

thanks again.
AL
San Diego/Tijuana

Tyros5Mad

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2018, 01:23:47 PM »
I was just thinking about this and it came to me that in fact the Button F was unassigned. I assigned the fade out to that button myself. Sorry for misleading you guys. Button F makes sense to me because it is easy to remember "F" for fade.

Regards,
Richard

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2018, 04:04:41 PM »
I was just thinking about this and it came to me that in fact the Button F was unassigned. I assigned the fade out to that button myself. Sorry for misleading you guys. Button F makes sense to me because it is easy to remember "F" for fade.

Regards,
Richard

Hi Richard.
I did in in the same way for the same reason.

Regards, Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: JohnH

Offline JohnH

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2018, 04:09:47 AM »
HEY MUSIC FRIENDS-----I assigned it to the F button also---but when i press the F button nothing showed up on the screen but a blank page ???  Did i miss something----the fade out works------THANKS !!-----JohnH

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2018, 07:47:33 PM »
No it is not gone, but (difficult for us ex Tyros users:)  the Genos is kind of putting the cart in front of the horse. Once I understood that nearly all the problems I had with my 2 pc Genos for testing (exception listed blow) were solved.
Everything you want must be memorized in the registry banks - at least on the two specimens (1.2) I have -  and under each of the 10 buttons,  which for settings I call "global" does not seem optimal, but gives you the hitherto non existent possibility to have a different Genos set up for every tune if you want that.

The  only problem  I still have on BOTH units is that registry banks that were memorized the way I wanted them and did work that way for 3-4 gigs then suddenly got unusable, tempo, intros endings, styles, volume, actually ANYTHING or even many things are corrupted so the reg bank has to be scrapped. And those of us who do  fine tune  their new reg. banks to perfection know that takes  a lot of time. On some complicated ones I spend more than an hour.  So having  200 reg banks  is a huge investment in time.

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 03:17:19 PM »
For those of you having trouble with the fade function...keep in mind there is a slider for style volume and fade out can be done manually. 

This is kind of a nice deal because you can control fade out speed this way. 
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 03:21:10 PM »
HEY MUSIC FRIENDS-----I assigned it to the F button also---but when i press the F button nothing showed up on the screen but a blank page ???  Did i miss something----the fade out works------THANKS !!-----JohnH

John, keep in mind assignable buttons are not global.  The F button needs to be assigned for each registration.  This is why many folks create a master registration with sliders, buttons etc. assigned the way you want it.
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 09:09:40 PM »
John, keep in mind assignable buttons are not global.  The F button needs to be assigned for each registration.  This is why many folks create a master registration with sliders, buttons etc. assigned the way you want it.

My assignments ARE global, Because my registrations don’t have Assignment Buttoms memorized.

It’s really quite simple. If you don’t want your registrations changing your assigned buttons, then don’t memorize Assignments.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline valimaties

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2018, 02:52:04 AM »
My assignments ARE global, Because my registrations don’t have Assignment Buttoms memorized.

It’s really quite simple. If you don’t want your registrations changing your assigned buttons, then don’t memorize Assignments.

Fred

As you, Fred, I don't think is a good idea to change Assignable buttons and to have a lot of settings. If they had screen for each other, to see what function is assigned, it would have been good, but to access live controls screen to see what I have memorized on assignable buttons for current registration, is not a good approach... I think  :-\

I save the assignable in registry but I don't change them never. Always store the same functions  :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 03:04:31 AM »
As you, Fred, I don't think is a good idea to change Assignable buttons and to have a lot of settings. If they had screen for each other, to see what function is assigned, it would have been good, but to access live controls screen to see what I have memorized on assignable buttons for current registration, is not a good approach... I think  :-\

I save the assignable in registry but I don't change them never. Always store the same functions  :)

Vali,

1. If you go to Menu>Assignable, you will see all your button assignments.

2. Memorizing the assignments in all your registrations will work fine as long as you never change your mind. But if you do want to change an assignment, then you have to re-memorize everything (or use Murray's program to do it in a batch). I'm much happier never memorizing assignments. Then I can change them myself without registrations unchanging them. And one of the great features of the Genos is it remembers the assignments through a power off.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2018, 03:19:13 AM »
Vali,

1. If you go to Menu>Assignable, you will see all your button assignments.

2. Memorizing the assignments in all your registrations will work fine as long as you never change your mind. But if you do want to change an assignment, then you have to re-memorize everything (or use Murray's program to do it in a batch). I'm much happier never memorizing assignments. Then I can change them myself without registrations unchanging them. And one of the great features of the Genos is it remembers the assignments through a power off.

Fred

Dear Fred,

what you say is very true, but at my age you want to set up EVRYTHING that can be assigned, buttons, sliders, knobs,  fadein/out,  pitch bender  (Actually 1/2 note is good for screaming guitars but already too much for trumpets and saxes, so I soldered resistors on my Tyros to both ends of the pitch benderpot  to get  1/4 )  the way you want them AND NEVER change that as reading the slider functions on the small display is difficult due to age- eyesight and remembering things is hard enough even when they stay the same.  I have put  yellow Brother labels below all assignable functions so I can find them in the heat of a performance.  I would be willing to remove anything from registry banks in order to arrive at above situation.  Unfortunately my problem with the registry not being 100 % reliable continues, I will try to post the display photos showing that. Still not sure how to do that. I read the instructions on how to put a screenshot on a USB stick and was actually able to make one of the main display, but whenever I tried to go to the display of the reg bank content something went wrong so I made camera photos.

Cheers
Kaarlo

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2018, 03:37:38 AM »
what you say is very true, but at my age you want to set up EVRYTHING that can be assigned, buttons, sliders, knobs,  fadein/out,  pitch bender  (Actually 1/2 note is good for screaming guitars but already too much for trumpets and saxes, so I soldered resistors on my Tyros to both ends of the pitch benderpot  to get  1/4 )  the way you want them AND NEVER change that as reading the slider functions on the small display is difficult due to age- eyesight and remembering things is hard enough even when they stay the same.  I have put  yellow Brother labels below all assignable functions so I can find them in the heat of a performance.  I would be willing to remove anything from registry banks in order to arrive at above situation.  Unfortunately my problem with the registry not being 100 % reliable continues, I will try to post the display photos showing that. Still not sure how to do that. I read the instructions on how to put a screenshot on a USB stick and was actually able to make one of the main display, but whenever I tried to go to the display of the reg bank content something went wrong so I made camera photos.

Rather than screen shots, you should post your problem registrations. That's the best way for us to be able to help you.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2018, 12:13:18 PM »
Fred,
Most of my assign buttons are global, but for fade in/out.  Just can’t get fade in/out to stay put, unless I save it to registration.

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2018, 12:20:39 PM »
Fred,
Most of my assign buttons are global, but for fade in/out.  Just can’t get fade in/out to stay put, unless I save it to registration.

It stays put for me. What’s likely happening is you have some registrations which change this setting.

One way to fix this is to re-memorize your registrations ensuring Assignable Buttons is unchecked. Better yet, use Murray’s program to do it in one batch.

Cheers,
Fred
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:41:25 PM by Fred Smith »
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2018, 12:40:25 PM »
Thanks Fred.