Author Topic: FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY to play instrument voices from GENOS  (Read 4188 times)

Osvaldo De Souza

FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY to play instrument voices from GENOS
« on: March 09, 2018, 01:29:32 AM »
8th March 2018

I believe it is possible to play instrument voices from Genos on Godin Guitars with either 13-pin plug or the new GODIN SESSION TRIPLE PLAY GUITAR.

I have both the guitars (but I am looking for a GUITAR MIDI INTERFACE like the GI-20 or AXON-50 (discontinued) although GR55 is the ultimate solution.

If anyone knows how to connect the GODIN SESSION TRIPLE PLAY GUITAR to the GENOS using Steingberg UR22MKii USB AUDIO INTERFACE please let me know step by step instructions so I can try this out when I pick my new GENOS from Yamaha dealer in about
10 days times.

Thanks and regards
Oz

Offline zionip

Re: FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY to play instrument voices from GENOS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 02:01:27 AM »
Hi Oz,

If you want to use the Godin guitar to control chord progression or voices of Genos, you need to have a Roland GI-10 or GI-20 guitar MIDI interface or something similar, with the 13-pin cable from the Godin guitar plugged to the 13-pin port on the front of the GI-10/20, then connect the MIDI out of the GI-10/20 at the back to MIDI A in port at the back of Genos.  You then just have to set the MIDI channel on the GI-10/20 and the MIDI A in of Genos the same for proper communication.

Please reference P.136 of Genos Reference Manual for "Receive - MIDI Receive Channel Settings":
https://usa.yamaha.com/files/download/other_assets/7/1131007/genos_en_rm_c0.pdf

I have both a Godin guitar and a Roland GI-10 guitar MIDI interface but have not used them to control Genos.  I am more of a keyboard player, less of a guitar player.  I used the Godin guitar to play voices on other sythesizers through Roland GI-10 via MIDI before, it should work similarly with Genos.  This type of simple setup does not include any computer through USB, although you can use the computer to connect to the Roland GI-20 for more complicated recording setup/control, which I do not want to get involved with since I do not own a GI-20.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 02:20:34 AM by zionip »

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 09:33:25 AM »
Hi Paul,

a) How is the tracking on Roland GI-10 (Is this a GR-33 upgrade??)

b) If you ever plan to sell your Roland GI-10 please let me know although I am looking for used Roland GI-20

c) I shall try the GODIN SESSION TRIPLE PLAY when I pick up my GENOS

Regards
Oz

keynote

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2018, 06:03:34 AM »
Hi Paul,

b) If you ever plan to sell your Roland GI-10 please let me know although I am looking for used Roland GI-20

Regards
Oz

Hey Oz, check this out. The first one listed is a real deal if that's the unit you're looking for.

Roland GI-20 Midi Interface

Mike

Osvaldo De Souza

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 08:31:45 AM »
10th March 2018

Hi Mike,

I ordered the GI-20 Roland Guitar Midi Interface thr' E-BAY (paid CDN $ 275.00 approx) which has been shipped and should
receive week of 16th March 2018.

Thanks
Oz