Author Topic: Responding to personal messages  (Read 3414 times)

Responding to personal messages
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:43:38 PM »
Hi team,

Sorry to ask this question here, but there's no where else, that I can see. Once answered perhaps the Moderator can delete it.

I received a PM from a member and was notified by regular email. I made the mistake of responding from my email (Sorry about that Joe Waters :) ). So I copied the message from my Sent box and responded to the message in my PSR profile area. I pasted the message but when I tried to send the message, I get a failure notice that read, "The message body was left empty." When I manually type one word, I can preview the message, but not when I paste a message from the clipboard. The message is there. It just won't preview or send. What gives? Thanks.
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline jimlaing

Re: Responding to personal messages
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 10:02:03 PM »
I have had that happen recently, a few times, in just doing a normal 'reply' to a message thread (happened last night).
Might be a new issue, as I had only seen this in the last week or so, never before ... (a message saying that the body of the message was empty, just after typing stuff into the body of the message) ...

-Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 10:06:00 PM »
Sorry to ask this question here, but there's no where else, that I can see. Once answered perhaps the Moderator can delete it.

I received a PM from a member and was notified by regular email. I made the mistake of responding from my email (Sorry about that Joe Waters :) ). So I copied the message from my Sent box and responded to the message in my PSR profile area. I pasted the message but when I tried to send the message, I get a failure notice that read, "The message body was left empty." When I manually type one word, I can preview the message, but not when I paste a message from the clipboard. The message is there. It just won't preview or send. What gives? Thanks.

This is a bug which has been around for the last couple of weeks. Very annoying. They're working on it, but no resolution so far.

The problem seems to be caused by using contractions at the start of your message (the apostrophe appears to be the culprit). So remove any contractions, and your message should send.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: Lee Batchelor

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 10:11:47 PM »
That did it, Fred! My message started with, "I'm happy to..." I changed it to, "I am happy to..." and it went through. Apparently, the grammar police on this site woke up cranky from their naps.

Once again, sorry to Joe waters for responding to him instead :(. Next time, I will read the directions!
"Learn" your music correctly, then "practice" it. Don't practice mistakes because you'll learn them.

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2018, 12:03:44 AM »
Great to know that it is the apostrophe that is causing this ...
(even for the above, I had to resist the urge to contract "it is"!  :-)

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff