Author Topic: turning on OTS LINK with registration  (Read 9619 times)

Offline badpuppa

turning on OTS LINK with registration
« on: March 08, 2018, 01:07:04 AM »
Hi all,

Is there a way to save a registration which can turn OTS LINK on? It is said you can save all panel settings, but I have not been able to save a registration which can turn OTS LINK on.

keep smilin’

badpuppa

Offline DrakeM

Re: turning on OTS LINK with registration
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 02:06:42 AM »
Hi badpuppa

What exactly are you wanting to be able to do?

You can set up Reg #1 and have a horn set at volume level ZERO, then set up Reg #2 with that same horn's volume set up at 100. Then just keep flipping back and forth between the two Regs to turn it ON and OFF. But why would you want to do that?

Regards
Drake

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2018, 04:42:08 AM »

Is there a way to save a registration which can turn OTS LINK on? It is said you can save all panel settings, but I have not been able to save a registration which can turn OTS LINK on.

No. There are some things that registrations cannot do, and this is one of them.

That is because most people use either OTS or registrations, but not both. Why not just store the voices in the registration rather than OTS?

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline voodoo

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 02:08:24 PM »
No. This is not possible. That is why there is a notice after converting music finder entries to registrations, that you have too turn on OTS Link manually.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline badpuppa

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »
Thanks for the answers.

Fred, I usually leave the OTS LINK on so I was going to make a startup registration with it on. Guess I will just turn it on manually as the Genos powers up with OTS LINK off.

Uli, I am still in the process of reading the manuals, or perhaps I missed that notice.

Drake, sorry if I didn’t make myself clear.

keep smilin’   

badpuppa

Offline voodoo

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 09:27:12 PM »
Uli, I am still in the process of reading the manuals, or perhaps I missed that notice.

You could not find it in the manuals. It is shown on the Genos screen after opening an MFD file. So I was surprised, too. ;) Your question was very good.

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

latingate

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2018, 03:31:56 PM »
this could have been a very useful feature.
I hope Yamaha will include the option to save the OTS LINK status (on/off) in future OS updates..
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 03:50:55 PM by latingate »

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2018, 04:54:38 PM »
this could have been a very useful feature.
I hope Yamaha will include the option to save the OTS LINK status (on/off) in future OS updates..

It's doubtful this will ever happen.

As a registration can store everything an OTS can (and more), most people don't use OTS when they use registrations. And, judging by the posts here, people get way too confused when they try to use both. Adding the ability to turn OTS link on or off would just add to the confusion level rather than add a useful feature.

Cheers,
Fred

Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

Offline elad770

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 02:26:34 AM »
Thank you for your input Fred.
As a new Genos User I was Baffled figuring out why do I need both on and is it that or the other or both have different purpose.  I start realizing now that the OTS only complicates things for me. I think I will use only Registration from now on

Bachus

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 06:22:09 AM »
It's doubtful this will ever happen.

As a registration can store everything an OTS can (and more), most people don't use OTS when they use registrations. And, judging by the posts here, people get way too confused when they try to use both. Adding the ability to turn OTS link on or off would just add to the confusion level rather than add a useful feature.

Cheers,
Fred

Often we use content created by other users, in this case the content dictates what to use registries or ots.  Offcourse most people will probably convert it to what they prefer

When just playing around, i will definately use ots a lot, when setting up for repertoire, i will convert to registry entries

Offline valimaties

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 08:58:14 AM »
It's simple to "do that"... Select your OTS and now save to a registration. In this way your voices and settings from a specific OTS will be saved in registration memory. ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos