Author Topic: Little trouble with Style creator and sync with fills  (Read 4789 times)

Offline ugawoga

Little trouble with Style creator and sync with fills
« on: March 06, 2018, 09:34:17 PM »
Hi
I am finding a strange anomaly .I am talking about changing a style by adding a little extra. After happy with It put It In a registration and use the fills already there by pressing your style and making the light flash and save.
I go to Style creator and see the style there waiting .
I want to add a little guitar on a phrase channel just to fill out the style nicely for a verse in a song.
I delete the phrase that is In there and press record.
I follow the style and add my phrase starting on the first beat real time and go through the four bars  and quantise It to tighten.
Press play in the creator section and all plays perfectly as intended .
I save the style and rename.

Add this to the second button on my registration.
Play the song starting from registration 1 with the original one that I have just changed and when I press registration 2 the fill comes In a bar later.
If I do not save registration and go back to what I had before the fill comes in on the beginning of the bar nicely again.

Just putting in my guitar phrase seems to make the fills come In a Bar later on the 4 beat bar.
This should not happen as I only added my part within the bars. The fill should be as It was when In the registration like the last original one.

Later-----------------------------

I have just deleted the Phrase channel that I want to record on and saved that to make sure It is not me .
Tried the style again and press the fill and the fill came In  a bar later again.The same as when I record on It
It seems that putting your own stamp on a record channel in the style section, It changes the order of a fill somehow. Pretty frustrating.

I find this baffling as It could be something simple I am missing.

Any Ideas to why this is happening. I would be grateful??

All the best
john :)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:43:49 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline ugawoga

Re: Little trouble with Style creator and sync with fills
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2018, 12:42:30 AM »
Had a word with Yamaha and they are looking at It for me,.
I cannot seem to solve this problem as yet and have tried different options to no avail.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:03:22 AM by ugawoga »
Genos, I7 computer 32 gig ram, Focusrite 6i6, Cubase controller, Focal Alpha Monitors, Yamaha DXR8 Speakers
Cubase 10, Sonarworks, Izotope.  Sampletank, Arturia and Korg software.  Now IK Mixbox

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 02:11:42 AM »
Hi John

What I do not understand:In reg1 you store the orginal style, in reg2 the slightly modified style. This requires a reload of the style which may cause the delay you are experiencing. I would just use your modfied style for reg1 and reg2 and mute the guitar phrase in reg1.
Regards, Michael

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 03:21:20 AM »
Hi Dromeus

I have the original style in reg 1 and the modified style In reg 2
I have renamed the modified style as another style.
Is this allowed??

The fill between reg 1 and 2 is delayed by a bar before triggering.
I tried also what you said and the fill was still delayed.
There must be some technical answer for this or a possible bug.

Can someone try to create a simple reg 1 and reg 2  and put the same style in each and save a fill on reg 1 and reg 2.

Go to style creator and alter a style channel by deleting it and record your own 4 bar sound. Save under a different name and put In reg 2
Go to the keyboard and start reg 1 and change to reg 2 playing a fill and that is where I get a bar delay with the fill.

All the best
john
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 03:29:04 AM by ugawoga »

Offline EileenL

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 05:24:30 AM »
Hi John,
  Are you sure that the piece you inserted did not over lap the last beat in bar four. This could cause the problem.

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2018, 05:47:39 AM »
Hi Eileen

I will have a look and come back

I did quantise it so that should not be the case. No overlap  as I had checked the step edit view on the phrase channel wich I made the change
I have tried again and cannot get anywhere .
After I delete a part in a style and re-record that part and playing a registration, the fills are always coming in a bar after I hit the next registration and with a slight sound change on the fill which I have not changed.Does a re-arranged style part effect the fills????
I had saved the fill to each registration with the flashing light on to trigger at the end of a part in my song.
A delay of one bar when I now hit the reg button
On the originial all ok. god knows what's going on.

So, If I want to change  say a Main D part on the phrase channel for example, how to you Incorporate that on a registration.
I have renamed the part but It does have a Main D position.

I have the original style In reg 1 also on a Main D position and I cannot put this modified style in reg 2 without the delay when using a fill.

surely if you rename a style you be able to use that on any registration.

Sorry if all this is long winded !!! ::)

All the best
john
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 06:20:55 AM by ugawoga »

Offline tyrosaurus

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 07:56:23 AM »
  Are you sure that the piece you inserted did not over lap the last beat in bar four. This could cause the problem.

The keyboard Style Creator will not allow you to exceed the set length of a style part for a section!  However long you hold down a key during recording, any note/s still sounding at the end of the measure length set for that style section will have their length/s truncated so that they exactly fit the set measure length!

John, why not post the modified style so that we see if we can replicate the problem, and try to work out what is happening!

Regards

Ian

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:42:59 AM by tyrosaurus »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 09:27:05 AM »
Hi Ian

I will do a short replication tomorrow
I did 4 short guitar stabs  and quantised them like a chuka sound

I cannot any exceed the 4 bar by quantise and my timing is not that bad " I hope "!!! :-\

All the Best
John
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 09:33:32 AM by ugawoga »

Offline ugawoga

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2018, 10:19:27 AM »
AHHH!!! Think I sussed It
I have been at It late tonight  here in the uk

I have realized that You get a style to alter, you have to keep that same style If you want It for the same sound and not an original one you started with.

I changed a style and put my own little nuance from a guitar in there  and saved that and named the style.
I used the same style for registration 1 and 2.
For the phrase channel on the first registration  I brought that down to zero and In registration two I put the volume up so that part is now heard .
Well I got It to work somehow after all my bungles
I also realize that the style say on main D interferes with the fill as It uses the same channels.
Just have to lower the volumes that interfere and save fill with style. Not easy when you get a mind warp!! ::)

I THINK THAT'S IT --- ANY VIEWS ON THAT??? :-\  Got to keep at It  or the brain might forget!! :P

All the Best
John :)

The fills now  synchronize
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 10:27:02 AM by ugawoga »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2018, 04:04:21 PM »
AHHH!!! Think I sussed It
I have been at It late tonight  here in the uk

I have realized that You get a style to alter, you have to keep that same style If you want It for the same sound and not an original one you started with.

I changed a style and put my own little nuance from a guitar in there  and saved that and named the style.
I used the same style for registration 1 and 2.
For the phrase channel on the first registration  I brought that down to zero and In registration two I put the volume up so that part is now heard .
Well I got It to work somehow after all my bungles
I also realize that the style say on main D interferes with the fill as It uses the same channels.
Just have to lower the volumes that interfere and save fill with style. Not easy when you get a mind warp!! ::)

I THINK THAT'S IT --- ANY VIEWS ON THAT??? :-\  Got to keep at It  or the brain might forget!! :P

All the Best
John :)

The fills now  synchronize

Hi Uli
This is not what have to happening! Seems something wrong with style! Can you bring me the 2 styles by mail to check them?
 ???

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos