Author Topic: My opinion after just 24 hours with the Genos  (Read 3919 times)

Tyros5Mad

My opinion after just 24 hours with the Genos
« on: March 05, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
I have only had the Genos for 24 hours now and this is my very early opinion.

1. Sound
This keyboard sounds better than my Tyros 5. So crisp and this without a single EQ tweak.

2. Styles
I have only tried a few styles so far, mostly looking for ones similar to ones I have used for songs on the T5 and then a few random ones as well. I have no complaints.

3. Vocal Harmony
I am a singer so how my voice is reproduced is very important to me. The T5 vocal reproduction and harmony was not great in my opinion so I bought a TC Helicon Perform VK to replace it and I was happy. The Genos vocal reproduction and Harmony seems a lot better than the T5, but is it better then the Perform VK? I am working on my first Genos song and I will compare the on board vocals to the Perform VK. You folks can help me decide which is better.

So that's the 1st 24 hours.

Offline maartenb

Re: My opinion after just 24 hours with the Genos
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »
Thanks for your post. Looking forward to your recording! It's great to have the opportunity to hear both the Genos VH and TC Helicon and compare them!

Maarten

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 07:35:49 PM »
.......I have only tried a few styles so far, mostly looking for ones similar to ones I have used for songs on the T5 and then a few random ones as well....

Congratulations. :)

Regarding T5 styles (and others), you probably know it's a lot of free bonusstyles and also 138 T5 styles for Genos to download at Yamaha downloadpage.
If you miss some T5 styles, it may be in that folder. :)

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline jimlaing

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 10:02:12 PM »
I wonder if when Yamaha converted the T5 styles (the non-audio ones), for Genos, if they modified them to use Revo drums, or if the converted T5 styles use the older non-Revo drums, and thus these converted T5 styles will sound just like they did on T5?  There are a few T5 styles that I liked/used; just discovered that "JerseyPop" was missing on Genos, and I had used it for a "Jersey Boys" type song ...

Jim
Raleigh, NC, USA / Genos / Tyros5-61 / Lucas Nana 600 / other stuff

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 10:22:44 PM »
Yamaha has named the download file 'Tyros5 Styles for Genos', so it's most likely some tweaking is done to play well at Genos..
... and to have some more T5 users to take the bait and run for a new arranger. ;)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline EileenL

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:06:14 PM »
I have just tried them on Genos and they do sound very good. They have had some tweaking I feel and I am happy to use them.

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs