Author Topic: BAR COPY/PASTE - Style Creator PSR S770  (Read 5557 times)

avalon2k41

BAR COPY/PASTE - Style Creator PSR S770
« on: February 27, 2018, 09:00:30 AM »
Here is my second question regarding style creator.

I noticed you can copy/paste notes from other style/rhythms into a new style file or mix and match them. I like that feature but was wondering if this can be done with certain bar notes?

Example, I want to copy from a LATIN Style for Chord 1 and it is a 4 bar melody, but I only want bar 1 and 2.

I also want to copy from a DANCE  Style for Chord 1 and it is also a 4 bar melody, but I only want to paste 2 bars and combine the this as a new 4 bar melody?

I would be creating a Chord 1 4 bar melody using elements from both rhythms. Can this be done?

Thanks.

Offline alanclare

Re: BAR COPY/PASTE - Style Creator PSR S770
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2018, 03:48:41 PM »
Why not try it, or as we say, “suck it and see”?

Alan

Pino

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2018, 03:52:59 PM »
Spend a few hours on it and report back    ;)

I’m very interested in editing styles.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:56:24 PM by Pino »

Offline panos

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2018, 06:12:55 AM »
I have tried to post something and still get that message although I erased all bb codes and no usual  characters  from my post.
"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty."

So I will just post it as an attached file
Sorry for that

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Joe H

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2018, 07:20:18 AM »
Panos,

I tried to copy your instructions and paste them into a message and got the same error message... very strange.  Maybe it has something to do with special characters or something.

Joe  H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline DrakeM

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2018, 08:33:28 AM »
Nope, you can't do that in the Yamaha Style Creator.

You can get the first 2 bars from a 4 bar style part. You simply use the style creator and REDUCE the 4 BAR style part to just 2 BARS. By doing this the Style creator will drop the last 2 bars (bars 3 &4). But you can not cut from the beginning of the Style part (ie cut out bars 1&2 and save bars 3&4).

Also you can't merge 2 Style parts together with the Style Creator.

Regards
Drake

Offline Joe H

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2018, 10:34:13 AM »
avalon2k41,

You can do that with StyleMagic in the Multieditor (Piano Roll screen) only from within one style, but it's not so easy.  You might also be able to do it in MixMaster, or maybe a sequencer like Cubase.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html