Author Topic: Styles  (Read 13772 times)

Antonio

Styles
« on: February 24, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »
Hi all,

Selecting a style or a midifile on a Genos, gives me a message that the data is not loaded correctly.

Who can tell me the reason, and a possible solution?

Regards

Seagull29

Re: Styles
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 06:38:57 PM »
Hi,
do you load your style from a media (USB or HD for example) or directly from your Genos ?

Regards
Seagull29

Offline panos

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 06:49:50 PM »
You probably mean a style/midi file that is not a preset style and you have downloaded from somewhere else.
That message appears to all Yamaha models when there is something wrong with the style/midi file.
For fixing the style you could try these Jorgen's programs
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/midicheck/index.htm
http://www.jososoft.dk/yamaha/software/sfix/index.htm

I prefer just to delete them.Don't want a "bad" file on my keyboard the same way as I don't want a bad file on my computer or bad gasoline for my car.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 06:51:02 PM by panos »

Antonio

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 07:09:52 PM »
Hi,
do you load your style from a media (USB or HD for example) or directly from your Genos ?

Regards
Seagull29

Same, this happens both ways. I'm afraid the Genos operating system is not stable. These files keep them very controlled and also with the utilities suggested by Panos.

gerarde

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2018, 08:56:47 PM »
Antonio,

I had a couple of style files that gave me an error.
It is not a problem with the operating system not being stable, it is a problem with the style file.
Fixing the style file will make it load in the Genos.

Gerard

Antonio

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2018, 09:55:58 PM »
Hallo Gerard happy to see you again!

1) I had a couple of style files that gave me an error.

I'm glad you have styles that give you errors, this way we're in
two to suffer

2) It is not a problem with the operating system.

In fact, I do not think so, seeing that on the Tyros 5, they work well, to be mischievous I think badly of Genos. I know it hurts you but unfortunately, it's like that.

3) Fixing the style file will make it load in the Genos.

This means that StyleFix offers you to delete the file. Never had so many files damaged since I have the Genos

I know that you are an enthusiastic bike from Genos, but as I said before The genos has been designed well and also realized well, but at the operational level there are many shortcomings and .... not small.

the 1.20 update is just a face-lift!

Many greetings

Offline EileenL

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 10:49:18 PM »
When you get a message Data has not loaded properly it means the Data is not for this Keyboard or is corrupt.
  Keyboard is doing its job by informing you. If I get this message I immediately delete this content. I do not want to fill up my Genos with anything that is not right.
  The update is far more than a small face lift. The most important thing for all of us to do is to study and learn just how this keyboard works. Do that and you will not get any trouble.

Offline panos

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2018, 11:20:45 PM »
This update has about 60 changes and fixed problems.
I guess they are not few.

I have encountered this problem with styles when I had to recover my files from my damaged usb.
Neither my psr or my pc could no longer read the usb stick.
Likely I have used a file recovering program that worked and did n't loose all my styles.
Some styles although they could play on my pc, they could n't play on my Kb anymore.
While they were recovered probably there where something missing in few of them.
(perhaps a midi order or some bits of the file?)

Antonio

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2018, 12:01:32 AM »
Eileen,

I try to express myself in your language and some concepts are not easy.
I think I have a pragmatic approach, and I certainly have a much more selfish view of a person driven by enthusiasm. My approach is from the USER point of view, and when I buy a product it must be perfect. For example try making regisrations from scratch and then turn them into Playlist records if you have nothing to say
because you resigned yourself.

Styles are totally compatible especially those of the Tyros 4 and 5 series and therefore in SFF2 format, so this collapse of styles, I do not understand it.

at 70 years almost .. maybe it's a lot to talk about peace of mind and not to buy more Genos et simila ....

Best wishes to you Eileen

Antonio

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2018, 12:06:53 AM »

But they are still marginal for me, in a nutshell who benefits from these changes ????

Regards

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 12:56:22 AM »
...... Styles are totally compatible especially those of the Tyros 4 and 5 series and therefore in SFF2 format, so this collapse of styles, I do not understand it. ..

I have not experienced any problems by load older T4 and T5 styles, or also older formats, but I use the 'original' ones that is not edited by other user or by myself at other keyboards.
(For personal liking I do edits from start at Genos to try get most best result possible for my taste and needs.)
Could it be that the styles or the midifiles you have problems when try load is edited at other unit, and have 'pointer' to sounds etc. that not are at same locations at your Genos?
Is it similiar situation if i.e. use the bonus styles downloadable from Yamaha support site?

I'll see if I manage to force my Genos to act like you describe if I get time during the weekend. But, so far there have not be any issues to mention by me other than unintended change of volume level in right 1,2 and 3 solosounds and my own low level knowledge about arranger keyboards in general.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline valimaties

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 02:23:38 AM »
I don't understand a thing: if you have problems with a style, or two, or one hundred, why don't you send one of them to Yamaha by mail and tell them it is a problem with OS that not load a style that working well on T5?!?!

This is the ONLY good approach, not telling us that what made Yamaha with latest update is not a good thing... Check your words and attitude! :(
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 02:24:40 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2018, 04:42:15 AM »

But they are still marginal for me, in a nutshell who benefits from these changes ????

Regards

Same here. But the "Style has not been loaded properly" message is by no means more  frequent in my Genos than in my Tyros 5/6 and if you consider we are dealing with a computer, how many times has this not happened to me on my PC !?  "Windows cannot open the file"  I saved yesterday.  I believe this is the result of the fact that all these devices do not have what they promise is coming  under the name of "artificial intelligence".  The human postman will understand mistakes,  that Kaarlo von Freman is Kaarlo von Freymann, but just one letter wrong will make your e-mail bounce.  There are around 10 countries that use the letter "Ö" but no e-mail can contain it  in the address.
We will check my Genos  next to one fresh out of the box  the coming week  with the Yamaha sales manager for Finland so we can be absolutely sure which  non-working features on my Genos are specimen specific and which are in all honesty to be classified  as bugs. As a fact the same procedure with Tyros 5 resulted in all its "innards" being replaced under warranty. which I actually had forgotten. So history may repeat itself.  After the bugs and  less intelligent features in Genos have been fixed which fortunately can be done as all features are software-governed,  Genos no doubt  will be great.  The fact that  F-Musiikki Oy, the importer for Finland  has agreed my purchase of the Genos  will only be finalized and Tyros handed over to them when the facts are verified and I can decide whether Genos  1.2 works for me or not,  in my view shows: they are an excellent member of the YAMAHA sales organisation, really interested to satisfy their customer and very fair in deed.

Offline valimaties

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2018, 04:59:24 AM »
What I personally don't like and I'm not feeling at all good, it is that I have to buy a very expensive product with too many bugs at beginning, and other potential users that can wait they will buy this keyboard lately with most of the bugs solved and it is cheaper. :)
Question:  I'm a beta tester ??? ? If so, where is my discount?! :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline StuartR

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2018, 05:12:07 AM »
What I personally don't like and I'm not feeling at all good, it is that I have to buy a very expensive product with too many bugs at beginning, and other potential users that can wait they will buy this keyboard lately with most of the bugs solved and it is cheaper. :)

Regards,
Vali
You'll most likely be like W.C. Fields in his movie "The Bank Dick"and receive a hearty handshake.
(Apologies to those unfamiliar with W.C.)😎

Offline valimaties

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2018, 06:04:04 AM »
You'll most likely be like W.C. Fields in his movie "The Bank Dick"and receive a hearty handshake.
(Apologies to those unfamiliar with W.C.)😎

???

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Fred Smith

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2018, 10:40:14 AM »

Vali,

I don't believe we are beta testers. We get to enjoy 99% of what the machine has to offer much earlier than others. And we have more say as to what improvements are incorporated.

Part of being an early adopter is there are some bugs you have to put up with. But this is true of all technology. At least we can choose whether we want to be an early or late adopter.

Fred
Fred Smith,
Saskatoon, SK
Sun Lakes, AZ
Genos, Bose L1 compacts, Finale 2015
Check out my Registration Lessons

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »
I’ve usually bought the latest technology...comes at a price.  Early adopters pay a bit more, put up with some bugs(at first)but also get to experience newer technology. 

Recently, I turned 69 years young.  New technology pushes this old brain of mine to try to stay young. 😊

Yamaha’s Genos OS platform is a good one, stable.  Genos acts funny when the OS is asked to do something it was not designed to do.

It’s true that if you wait a year, two or three, you will get a less expensive Genos with the bugs worked out...for the most part.  Where is the fun in that?  😊

guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

The following users thanked this post: KeyboardByBiggs

Offline guitpic1

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 08:24:29 PM »
Question for Fred Smith.

Do you take your keyboards with you to AZ?
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline Oldden

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 08:33:50 PM »
Hi
I'm 71, I'm alive and enjoying playing my Genos, one day I won't be, so how long do I wait for something better to come along.

Oldden

Offline EileenL

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 09:06:22 PM »
I suppose if age has taught me anything it is Patience, Understanding, and faith in a product that I myself chose. Until any product is released to the public who are going to use it in many different ways it is impossible with a bench test to know if it will work to suit all. We all know there are many who are just happy to switch on select a style and the OTS settings and play. Others will want to take things much further and only use Genos as a part of there music set up using many other forms of adjustment. Others will want to edit and alter parts to suit them. As you see it becomes very involved and Glitches are bound to occur during this process.
  As you have found ,a simple letter or phone call to Yamaha themselves will start the ball rolling on producing updates to rectify the problems. In the meantime be tolerant and enjoy what you have as all will come right in the end.

The following users thanked this post: tomtomsf, StuartR

Lloyd E

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2018, 03:37:34 AM »

Well spoken Eileen.  My Genos makes me very happy playing my Tyros 5 registrations and making new ones.  Yes the OS is different but studying the menu you find that
the Genos operates very well.  There are those who are never satisfied with a product and they complain that the  product is no good. Too bad as they turn prospective
buyers away.  Anyway  patience  and study are the answers to most problems. Be Happy !     Lloyd ;D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2018, 04:02:58 AM »
... There are those who are never satisfied with a product and they complain that the  product is no good. Too bad as they turn prospective
buyers away....

I want to think it is a joke...
Sorry not posting the phrase before, with "studying"... this was a joke too?! If you study the OS you will find some bugs...

Hey, guys... I LOVE Genos. But I am one of those who likes the truth.. There are some things that could work better, things that could makes Genos powerfull. I pay 4500 euros on this keyboard, and even if I payed with at least 1000 euros more than a future buyer when this keyboard will be bug-less, I want to use a keyboard with all features working as it have to work. If some of you don't use some features or you do not recognize that bugs exists, please let Yamaha solve those "inexistent" problems for those who use daily those "damaged" features ... :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline bluali

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2018, 01:11:29 PM »
Selecting a style or a midifile on a Genos, gives me a message that the data is not loaded correctly.....
I noticed those styles that their midi Channels are not standard, have problem to be loaded in Genos via YEM while those styles are working with no problem on S970, Tyros 3/4/5. make sure that the midi channel of your style for Perc.=9 and for Drum=10
Yamaha (since 1977): YC10, PSR500, TYROS 3/4/5, Genos, GENOS2
GM: WK8,
Korg: i5S, Pa80, PA1X, PA800, PA2x, PA4x, PA5X
Technics: KN3000

Offline valimaties

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2018, 03:40:47 PM »
I noticed those styles that their midi Channels are not standard, have problem to be loaded in Genos via YEM while those styles are working with no problem on S970, Tyros 3/4/5. make sure that the midi channel of your style for Perc.=9 and for Drum=10

Hi, bluali.
The CASM section tells style engine which channels are for RHY1 and which channels are for RHY2. (and for all style parts. I can make a style from channel 1 to channel 8 and its working without any problems)
I have styles with RHY1 on channel 2 and RHY2 on channel 3, and work without problem in Genos ;)

Make shure the name of style does not contain unwanted characters (or name of one of your voices)! Genos does not allow files that contains characters that are not in its char map! I had problem with a custom pack from Tyros 4, which contains 2 voices having diacritics in name, and I have problem loading them in Genos!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: bluali

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2018, 06:01:53 PM »
I suppose if age has taught me anything it is Patience, Understanding, and faith........  We all know there are many who are just happy to switch on select a style and the OTS settings and play....... Others will want to take things much further and only use Genos as a part of there music set up using many other forms of adjustment .....Others will want to edit and alter parts to suit them..... As you see it becomes very involved and Glitches are bound to occur during this process. .....
In the meantime be tolerant and enjoy what you have as all will come right in the end.
[/i][/b]
Dear Eileen,
there are sayings "like ignorance can be fixed, stupid is forever" in the English language I studies 70 years ago right after WW 2. My wife smilingly embraces me and quotes that one whenever we disagree on something. But whenever I read your posts there is one saying that always comes to my mind  " you can be born with intelligence, but wisdom can only be acquired during a long life. "    You are the perfect example !

Cheers

Kaarlo

Antonio

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2018, 06:19:31 PM »
I’ve usually bought the latest technology...comes at a price.  Early adopters pay a bit more, put up with some bugs(at first)but also get to experience newer technology. 

Recently, I turned 69 years young.  New technology pushes this old brain of mine to try to stay young. 😊

Yamaha’s Genos OS platform is a good one, stable.  Genos acts funny when the OS is asked to do something it was not designed to do.

It’s true that if you wait a year, two or three, you will get a less expensive Genos with the bugs worked out...for the most part.  Where is the fun in that?  😊

😊    ooh yes.... fast 70 but my brain is good...........
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 06:23:35 PM by Antonio »

Offline StuartR

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2018, 08:37:27 PM »
Make shure the name of style does not contain unwanted characters (or name of one of your voices)! Genos does not allow files that contains characters that are not in its char map! I had problem with a custom pack from Tyros 4, which contains 2 voices having diacritics in name, and I have problem loading them in Genos!

Regards,
Vali

Agree. I had a PSR 970 pack that wouldn't load because it had a few items containing diacritical punctuation marks.

Antonio

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2018, 10:31:32 PM »
Hi all, I have good news for you!

My original question: Selecting a style or a midifile on a Genos, gives me a message that is not loaded correctly.

Solution is very simple as drinking a glass, do not use a program TO COPY as TERACOPY OR SIMILAR.

I discovered it today

Thanks to everyone