Author Topic: Recording With Audio On The Tyros 5  (Read 4240 times)

Offline sooty8

Recording With Audio On The Tyros 5
« on: February 23, 2018, 06:17:05 PM »
Hi

Can anyone talk me through the process of singing over a audio on the recording section of the Tyros 5.
I have recorded a song on the Audio section no problem, now I want to play the song and sing over the track, can this be done.?

Thank You

Steve

Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5

Offline Rick D.

Re: Recording With Audio On The Tyros 5
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 08:05:35 PM »
Steve,
If you are just looking to sing along with the audio recording, just hook up your mic and sing along as you play it back.
If you wish to record the vocal track along with the audio recording you have to select multi track recording, which allows you to record another track, vocal or instrumental, to play with your original audio recording.
I’m not near my keyboard at this time, so I can’t give you step by step instructions, but if I remember right, when you select record the window opens to give you the option of multi track. Select that option and it opens the window where you adjust the recording levels only now it will show two controls to adjust the level of the new track. Be sure to have a back up of the original, in case you have a problem.

Rick D.

Offline sooty8

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 12:43:59 AM »
Thank you Rick I will give this a go.

Steve
Tyros 5   S950 S975
Bose L1 compact speaker
HS8 Studio Monitors

I Love My Tyros 5

jgriffin

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 02:19:19 AM »
And if you are not happy with the results - you still have a "do-over" capability!