Author Topic: Thank you Yamaha for 1.20 update  (Read 5918 times)

Offline metcam

Thank you Yamaha for 1.20 update
« on: February 23, 2018, 09:23:45 AM »

Instaled, and I am wery happy with all new features but specialy with these:

1.You can now select whether playback of Style and Multi Pad stops when MIDI Song playback stops, on the Song Setting display.

Great.Now we have options that when song and style play same time,if we stop SONG style can continue playing without stoping. WAY NEW WORLD on live gigs.

2.You can now select the Drum Kit of the "Expansion" folder on the Drum Setup window of the Style Creator.
Again total NEW WORLD when we creating stiles.Some Yamaha EXPANSION pack have high quality drums and now we cen use them in style creator thogeter with any external samples loaded trough YEM.

3.-A new "Regist Bank Edit" display has been added.
     Now some people can use Reistrations same as Tyros5 etc.

As I said all new features are great.

GREAT job Yamaha and thank you.
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

Offline valimaties

Re: Thank you Yamaha for 1.20 update
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2018, 03:45:17 AM »
Instaled, and I am wery happy with all new features but specialy with these:

1.You can now select whether playback of Style and Multi Pad stops when MIDI Song playback stops, on the Song Setting display.

Great.Now we have options that when song and style play same time,if we stop SONG style can continue playing without stoping. WAY NEW WORLD on live gigs.

2.You can now select the Drum Kit of the "Expansion" folder on the Drum Setup window of the Style Creator.
Again total NEW WORLD when we creating stiles.Some Yamaha EXPANSION pack have high quality drums and now we cen use them in style creator thogeter with any external samples loaded trough YEM.

3.-A new "Regist Bank Edit" display has been added.
     Now some people can use Reistrations same as Tyros5 etc.

As I said all new features are great.

GREAT job Yamaha and thank you.

I post for the third point of you:
No, it is not as Tyros 5. Regist Bank Edit page is not for selecting registration, but only for editing a bank - rename and delete a registration from a bank. In T5 the Registration info and Regist Bank Edit screen was combined in one screen. So, better in T5, IMO. Also in T5, when you press a registration bank, not only select it, but also it will show what have inside - one click distance :) .In Genos, now, with 1.20 version, we can assign Registration Info and Regist Bank Edit to an Assignable button ; which can make the way shortest...

Vali Maties - Genos

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 04:17:04 AM »
The sound is brighter than before. But I do not think that it is good, Yamama should give us more drum sound, Equalizer 20hz to 20khz. Also, giving us new factory styles. Why are they so cheap.

Online ckobu

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2018, 07:30:14 AM »
I post for the third point of you:
No, it is not as Tyros 5. Regist Bank Edit page is not for selecting registration, but only for editing a bank - rename and delete a registration from a bank. In T5 the Registration info and Regist Bank Edit screen was combined in one screen. So, better in T5, IMO. Also in T5, when you press a registration bank, not only select it, but also it will show what have inside - one click distance :) .In Genos, now, with 1.20 version, we can assign Registration Info and Regist Bank Edit to an Assignable button ; which can make the way shortest...

True, REG EDIT is not identical to Ty5 but it is very similar. We can see (capitalize) the registrations inside the bank and edit them, but we can also activate them with the buttons below. It is also good that we can use REGIST BANK + and - and choose other banks as well. We do not have to close the window as it was in version 1.10

The sound is brighter than before. But I do not think that it is good, Yamama should give us more drum sound, Equalizer 20hz to 20khz. Also, giving us new factory styles. Why are they so cheap.

EQ 20 kh has a very small role in overall sound. Maybe it just dropped to -6db  :)
Watch my video channel

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2018, 05:06:54 AM »
True, REG EDIT is not identical to Ty5 but it is very similar. We can see (capitalize) the registrations inside the bank and edit them, but we can also activate them with the buttons below. It is also good that we can use REGIST BANK + and - and choose other banks as well. We do not have to close the window as it was in version 1.10

EQ 20 kh has a very small role in overall sound. Maybe it just dropped to -6db  :)

All my life I have believed the human ear after 25  cannot hear but up to 16.00o Hz. Was that wrong information ? 

Offline StuartR

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2018, 05:09:45 AM »
All my life I have believed the human ear after 25  cannot hear but up to 16.00o Hz. Was that wrong information ?

What was that? Sorry, couldn't resist. At 70 I'm just happy to see and hear anything!🤪🧐

Online ckobu

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2018, 05:27:58 AM »

Wrongly written, it should have been 20 hz. This frequency only harms the overall sound.  ;)
https://www.sweetwater.com/insync/8-essential-eq-tips-for-live-sound/
Watch my video channel

keynote

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 11:47:44 PM »
What was that? Sorry, couldn't resist. At 70 I'm just happy to see and hear anything!🤪🧐

I had a hearing test done about 15 years ago and after it was completed the audiologist gave me a perfect score. She said my hearing was basically outstanding.  8)

There are many things that can affect a person's ability to hear. Damage to the inner ear and even viruses can cause hearing loss. Otosclerosis is a hereditary disorder that can cause progressive deafness due to overgrowth of bone in the inner ear. Exposure to loud noise may cause wear and tear on the hairs or nerve cells in the cochlea (spiral cavity of the inner ear) that send sound signals to the brain. Certain chemicals and medications can damage your hearing. Autoimmune inner ear disease is a syndrome of progressive hearing loss and/or dizziness that is caused by antibodies or immune cells which attack the inner ear. Impacted earwax can also result in hearing loss.

On a positive note Novartis AG is developing a gene therapy that may reverse hearing loss by stimulating the regrowth of microscopic hair cells in the inner ear, allowing people to hear normally again. But there's no telling when this treatment will be available to the general public. Hearing aids are always an option but they can also affect what it is you're listening to and thereby you might not be able to achieve an accurate assessment of the sound source. One example is the acoustic piano sound. If you have extreme hearing loss and you wear hearing aids don't expect a Steinway to sound like, well, a real Steinway. Not all hearing aids are created equal and therefore your mileage may vary. 

Mike     

keynote

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 11:48:54 PM »
Oh, and thank you Yamaha for the 1.20 update!  ;D

Mike

The following users thanked this post: pjd, StuartR

Offline markstyles

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 11:23:38 AM »
Yes, thanks for the firmware update.. 

The majority of people lose the high end of their hearing as they age.  It's just natural..  Musicians or others who have exposed themselves to years of loud volumes will suffer more loss, or worse, have tinnitus, (a ringing in the ears).. 

At any age, it is best to monitor at reasonable levels  (yes, it's fun, to 'feel' the music).. But the cilia in the ear are very delicate, and the ones assigned to pick out high pitches, die at a faster rate..