Author Topic: S970 recording mystery!  (Read 3032 times)

Offline Toril S

S970 recording mystery!
« on: February 23, 2018, 06:44:08 AM »
Hello friends. I was hearing through some styles on my S970 when I came to a nice style. I set the keyboard to quick record and made a tune. But, alas, it had to be worked with a little more. So I found the style again today and started it, ready to make a new take. It went too fast, and the OTS voices were not the same at all!All had changed, and it didn't sound as it did in my recording. The intros, ending and so on sounded OK, but it was different in many ways. I am sure that it is the right style.  It turnes out that the tempo is right,  the style is in 116, but the song I made was in 81!, and that made me think the style had been changed. Why did it play much slower when I recorded the song, and with better OTS settings too? Whatever happened here?
Major Senior Moment? Do we need an update, both the S970 and I? Now I really don't know how to reconstruct the sound of my song. My only theory is that something happened to the tempo because I was sifting through the styles without stopping the keyboard while doing it, and that some voices got into the sequencer from some other style because I was doing this. Any thoughts as to what happened? I really hate machines that play tricks on me!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:49:36 AM by Toril S »
Toril S

Genos, Tyros 5, PSR S975, PSR 2100
and PSR-47.
Former keyboards: PSR-S970.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLVwWdb36Yd3LMBjAnm6pTQ?view_as=subscriber

Toril's PSR Performer Page

Offline travlin-easy

Re: S970 recording mystery!
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 09:25:00 AM »
Is it a third party style? If so, post the style so we can examine it and try to determine if there is a problem with the style itself.

Gary  8)
Love Those Yammies...

Offline Roger Brenizer

Re: S970 recording mystery!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 09:33:06 AM »
I'm not certain, Gary, but I believe Toril may be referring to what happened on her PSR-S970 in another one of her threads.  The link follows:

https://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php/topic,43265.msg341549/topicseen.html#msg341549
"Music Is My Life"
My best regards,
Roger

(The older I get...the better I used to be...LOL!!!)
Roger’s PSR Performer Page