Author Topic: FW 1.20: not fixed: song creator  (Read 9206 times)

Offline voodoo

FW 1.20: not fixed: song creator
« on: February 23, 2018, 05:47:35 AM »
Hi,

I hoped that they would fix this, but it is still as bad as before:

* starting song creator (midi multi recording) always clears the loaded song.
* leaving song creator always clears the loaded song.

This was much better with S970. So please.....

Uli
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Marcus

Re: FW 1.20: not fixed: song creator
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 05:53:33 AM »
No Song Creator per say on the Genos, but MIDI Song editing is actually easier on the Genos verses the Tyros 5. Just enter Multi-Record first then load or record and edit your MIDI. I see no difference for what I did with the Tyros 5 Song creator. Love seeing 16 sixteen tracks at a time.

Marcus

Offline metcam

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 09:07:27 AM »
Hi,

I hoped that they would fix this, but it is still as bad as before:

* starting song creator (midi multi recording) always clears the loaded song.
* leaving song creator always clears the loaded song.

This was much better with S970. So please.....

Uli

I hope Yamaha will fix this in next update. I miss that too Uli.

Regards
Curent Instruments:  PSR A-5000
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.
KORG:pa800,KORG PA-900,Triton Extreme,Triton rack,.KORG X3,Roland G600.Roland

The following users thanked this post: StuartR

Offline StuartR

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 10:26:46 AM »
I hope Yamaha will fix this in next update. I miss that too Uli.

Regards

Has anyone actually let Yamaha know about this?

Offline voodoo

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 12:40:40 PM »
Yes, it was described publicly in the blog of pj. I hope they read that.  8)
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 03:42:56 PM »

No, this is not the solution! Mail them, or call them. THIS is the solution! If you expect Yamaha search the internet for problems regarding their keyboards, you definitely wrong!!! 

I will mail them this problem. Mail them too, and they will put an eye onto this problem ;)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:44:13 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline metcam

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2018, 06:12:22 PM »
I already contact Yamaha about this.

Described publicly here on this forum is also good solutions because YAMAHA read posts on this forum.

Regards.
Previus instruments:SX-900,GENOS,PSR-A3000,PSR9000,Tyros2,Tyros3,TYROS5,psr2000,psr2100,psr1500,psr530,psr OR700,DX7,DX11,V50,DX21.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 10:04:20 PM »

Described publicly here on this forum is also good solutions because YAMAHA read posts on this forum.

Regards.
While they may read posts here (and who has first hand knowledge of this?), it's far better to get a case opened with them directly.

Offline EileenL

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2018, 10:20:39 PM »
I really don't see a problem here. It is the way this keyboard dose things. Remember this is not a Tyros 5.
  Enter song recorder, select mode and then select the song you want to work on. When finished press SAVE.

Offline John T4

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2018, 10:26:37 PM »
here here Eileen

Offline metcam

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2018, 10:53:20 PM »
I really don't see a problem here. It is the way this keyboard dose things. Remember this is not a Tyros 5.
  Enter song recorder, select mode and then select the song you want to work on. When finished press SAVE.

EileenL:

With all my respect to you I must disagree.

I am editing song somethime 20 min,somethime 30min and pretty much my songs are editet mostly from external samples.
So mostly time I am going to save and again open and reedit and again save etc...
So every time I need to look under Folders and search for that song?
No way.
So I am pretty sure Yamaha will fix this in next Update because I am sure they just miss this tread during generating of GENOS.

Regards

Offline Dromeus

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2018, 11:04:18 PM »
Imagine a car manufacturer who will not provide a lock at the driver's door. You have to walk over to the opposite door, open that door, then open the driver's door from inside, close the passenger door again and walk over to get finally to the driver's seat. Just the way they did it? No problem here?
Regards, Michael

Offline metcam

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2018, 11:20:55 PM »
Imagine a car manufacturer who will not provide a lock at the driver's door. You have to walk over to the opposite door, open that door, then open the driver's door from inside, close the passenger door again and walk over to get finally to the driver's seat. Just the way they did it? No problem here?

Dromeus

Your explanation is just PERFECT

Regards.

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 11:36:22 PM »

Isn't that pretty normal and the way all cars are made?  ;)

But seriously, we tend to forgive faults and bugs when buy a new arranger or such stuff, but we would never accept whan i.e. buy a new car, not even when buy a new TV.
Then we would shout loudly for price reduction or other goodies to justify the discomfort. ......  ::)

Cheers 🥂
GJ

Marcus

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2018, 12:35:25 AM »
EileenL:

With all my respect to you I must disagree.

I am editing song somethime 20 min,somethime 30min and pretty much my songs are editet mostly from external samples.
So mostly time I am going to save and again open and reedit and again save etc...
So every time I need to look under Folders and search for that song?
No way.
So I am pretty sure Yamaha will fix this in next Update because I am sure they just miss this tread during generating of GENOS.

Regards
I still don’t understand the issue here. Enter Multi Record mode first, then load and edit and save your song. Song Creator features are now integrated within multi recording mode to make song creation easier.

In other words, get into your car from the unlocked driver’s door, close the door, start the engine and drive.

Marcus

Offline metcam

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2018, 12:52:05 AM »
Marcus

I am not that good musicians to make perfect songs.

There people who make songs for kind of music that I need and I Bay from them.

Of course they maided in GM standard (work on all keyboards Korg,roland,Yamaha...)
So after that they need deep EDIT with my samples which I need time to bring them the way I like it.
A lot of work and a lot of Reedit ......

Offline pjd

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2018, 04:26:53 AM »

Hi --

Thanks, Uli.

I use my blog as a way of describing a problem in order to send alink to Yamaha when I can.

Please do not hesitate to send a link to one of my blog posts when Reporting your own feelings and thoughts to Yamaha -- assuming that you agree with my opinion.  ;) If the number of reports and user requests are high enough, it may raise Yamaha's development priorities and will increase the likelihood that our message(s) are getting through to them.

Thanks, everybody! A little difficult to post on this tiny screen.  :-[

-- pj

Marcus

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2018, 01:26:10 AM »
Marcus

I am not that good musicians to make perfect songs.

There people who make songs for kind of music that I need and I Bay from them.

Of course they maided in GM standard (work on all keyboards Korg,roland,Yamaha...)
So after that they need deep EDIT with my samples which I need time to bring them the way I like it.
A lot of work and a lot of Reedit ......

One doesn't have to be a good musician or record perfect songs to use the Genos "Song Creator" functions within the MIDI Multi Record function. What does this even have to do with standard voices/drum kits verses deeply edited voices/drum kits? How does my opinion suggest that I don't use edited samples or diminish the fact that I took hours editing and modifying all my custom sounds as well to my liking?

Ever since my Tyros 3 days I extensively modified voices, created new ones, created drum kits, create my own multipads/audio multipads, and 100% of my work entails custom styles. That's why I used the Tyros and now the Genos arranger series to continue with my music creation and live performances.

Entering MIDI Multi Record mode doesn't destroy your previous recorded MIDI save or erase all your (deep) edited voices, samples or drum kits. I read the sandsoftwaresound.net article, and as far as I can tell, there is no difference starting from scratch recording your MIDI on the Tyros 5, then entering Song Creator to execute and save your MIDI file or loading a previous save MIDI file (that was previously edited), continue working on it, entering Song Creator once again to execute and save. The Tyros 5 remembers all your edited voices, parameters and settings each time the file parameters chosen are executed and saved or reload a previous save to keep working on it.

What is the difference on the Genos? Obviously when you enter MIDI Multi Record mode it loads an empty MIDI Song. If I was working on a previous MIDI, I simply load that file in MIDI Multi Record as my song instead on starting with a New Song. What is the difference in the end compared to the Tyros 5, exactly same parameter choices in the execute and save function? Even on the Tyros 5, if you forget to Execute and Save or forget to have your song at the beginning, all settings are lost. None of my custom samples, custom voices or drum kits are affected in any way. Actually easier using the Voice Creator functions on the Genos with the touch screen and all 16 channels in view and can edit at a time.

So what exactly does everyone want Yamaha to do with the Genos Song Creator, just add an Menu button pointing to the MIDI Recorder? For me, it works the same on my Tyros 5 as it does on the Genos. Only difference is, you have to enter MIDI Multi Record first. Much easier this way, because I can view and work on "all" sixteen MIDI tracks at a time, while if I used the old Tyros 5 method, I would have to bounce back and forth in the MIXER between (Song 1-8) and (Song 9-16). Despite all the continuous criticism, Yamaha got this one right, as I can just get into the driver's seat and drive instead of jumping in and out of the car to different seats.

Marcus   

Offline voodoo

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2018, 03:31:21 AM »
Marcus,

yes the midi multi recording works like the former song creator. But there is a difference. On former keys the workflow was as follows:

* load a midi song in song player
* play along with this song
* make several changes to mixer or voicing
* when you think it’s good:
* call song creator
* do apply settings
* do save song
* Exit song creator
* continue playing and working on the song

The relevant step is this:

* do all changes to mixer in normal mode with optional keyboard or style playing
* enter song creator only to apply and save mixer settings

Now you have to make all mixer settings in song creator:

* have to locate the song in the file system each time entering or leaving song creator
* in song creator:
* no access to style play
* no no access to registration settings like track mute
* no access to song sub channel in mixer to control overall song level

So Marcus, the new midi editor is great and offers good overview. I like it, too. But concerning the workflow, it is a step backwards, that the loaded midi song and all mixer settings are reset every time when entering or leaving multi recording. That’s the only point. Only a small thing. And we thought that this was only a mistake and no intention. But if it is, we will arrange with this. ;)

Uli

Uli

Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Nord Electro 5D

Offline Joe H

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 06:31:07 AM »

Regards.

Yes indeed, Yamaha do read these posts... even though they are silent.  But for bugs and fixes, yes; you need to contact Yamaha directly to report a problem.

Joe H
Music is the Universal Language!

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline StuartR

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2018, 07:32:28 AM »
Yes indeed, Yamaha do read these posts... even though they are silent.  But for bugs and fixes, yes; you need to contact Yamaha directly to report a problem.

Joe H
OK, you seem to have information a lot of us don't have. May Ii ask how you know they read our posts? How often? How many of them are participating? It might be interesting for us to know.

Offline Joe H

« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
OK, you seem to have information a lot of us don't have. May Ii ask how you know they read our posts? How often? How many of them are participating? It might be interesting for us to know.

How I know?  They told me this. (market managers read the forum posts)

How often?   I can't say... but they indicated "regularly" (I suppose that could mean once a week or even daily.

???    ???    ???

Joe H
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 12:01:22 PM by Joe H »

My Article: Using Multi Pads in registrations. Download Regs, Styles & MPs:  http://psrtutorial.com/music/articles/dancemusic.html

Offline Joe H

« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2018, 12:10:05 PM »
Below is my response to, followed by the actual email I received a little over 1 year ago from Yamaha Support

Joe H

Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:57 AM
To: YCASupport Support YCA <YCASupport@yamaha.com>
Subject: Re: Suggestions for the Next PSR Arranger Release

J,

Thank you for your response.  This same info has already been posted there.  It is good to know Yamaha is listening to this Forum.  We represent a sizable group of the Yamaha Arranger community.

Regards,
Joe Hlifka

----- Original Message -----

To: jhlifka
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:40 AM
Subject: RE: Suggestions for the Next PSR Arranger Release

Hi Joe,

I’m sorry, unfortunately we can no longer take suggestions or forward them due to legal reasons.  I suggest posting this here:

http://www.psrtutorial.com/forum/index.php

That forum is monitored by Yamaha product managers.

Thank you,
 J,
 Yamaha