Author Topic: New Firmware 1.20 :)  (Read 14353 times)

Offline valimaties

New Firmware 1.20 :)
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:07:30 PM »
Hi...

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

The uploading is in progress, old firmware 1.10 is not anymore available, even when you click on the button which say 1.10, you will get a 404 -not found webpage.

Also, Mega Enhancer and YEM are upgraded :)

But for now we don't know what is new :)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:10:52 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

The following users thanked this post: guitpic1

Offline guitpic1

Re: New Firmware 1.20 :)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 02:16:17 PM »
Tx.
guitpic1

For me, the goal is to keep growing/learning.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 02:16:25 PM »
Hi...

https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/keyboards/arranger_workstations/genos/downloads.html#product-tabs

The uploading is in progress, old firmware 1.10 is not anymore available, even when you click on the button which say 1.10, you will get a 404 -not found webpage.

Also, Mega Enhancer and YEM are upgraded :)

But for now we don't know what is new :)

Regards,
Vali
Ah, but all the manuals and data list HAVE been updated to1.20 so that could mean NEW or CHANGED functionality (or just typographical corrections). We'll know soon!😲😁
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 02:46:11 PM by StuartR »

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 02:50:45 PM »
English site already has the newly numbered Firmware but alas the link still goes to the old one. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Check Out My YouTube Channel! https://goo.gl/edbXFS

Offline valimaties

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2018, 03:20:03 PM »
English site already has the newly numbered Firmware but alas the link still goes to the old one. :)

I wrote that already in my post... All sites in the all world does that :)

I didn't seen before this very big jump in firmware minor number as they did with Genos firmware, at all... From 1.10 to 1.20... Is a big jump. I'm eager to see the version history on download page :D

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Teknoss

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 04:27:08 PM »
Beat tempo now available on style recording  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Genos 2, Korg PA5X, Ketron EventX, Nord PedalKeys27

Offline valimaties

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2018, 04:32:30 PM »
Beat tempo now available on style recording  :D

You want to say Bar Count :)

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline valimaties

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2018, 07:50:28 PM »
A lot of news from 1.20 version.  :)

A lot of changes and a lot of fixed problems. There are more to fix, which we discussed here. When I said we have to send mails to Yamaha Support, I didn't joke. If we don't send them, they will not know about problems. It is not enough writing here, on the forum, guys!

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 08:26:43 PM »
Lots of changes and fixes, good work done by Yamaha.  8)

Myself I miss a minor but to me a useful feature.
I would like to be able to choose the chord names shown in display between real chord played and what chord comes out when transpose button is used. 
At Korg and Roland it's the sound/chord out that is displayed.
Sometimes I have to use transpose because a song is so glued in my mind and fingers so to play in other key than usual 'just like that', is a real pain.
My lonely braincell don't manage 'translate' between up or down transposes as quick either, so if someone ask 'what chord' is that one, I need some time to think about it......  :-[
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:29:59 PM by Gunnar Jonny »
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline valimaties

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2018, 08:54:25 PM »
Lots of changes and fixes, good work done by Yamaha.  8)

Myself I miss a minor but to me a useful feature.
I would like to be able to choose the chord names shown in display between real chord played and what chord comes out when transpose button is used. 
At Korg and Roland it's the sound/chord out that is displayed.
Sometimes I have to use transpose because a song is so glued in my mind and fingers so to play in other key than usual 'just like that', is a real pain.
My lonely braincell don't manage 'translate' between up or down transposes as quick either, so if someone ask 'what chord' is that one, I need some time to think about it......  :-[

Yamaha has its own style ;) They do like they want, not what people think is better, or not like other brands do!
They reinvented the wheel! :))

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 10:07:31 PM »
.... They do like they want, not what people think is better, or not like other brands do!
They reinvented the wheel! :))

Well, if they do not listen to what people think and wish, the new update would probably not be as you see in 'fix and change list' :)
And sure they look to other brands, that's competition. ;)
Reinvented the wheel? Nah, no way, but rather continues the developement by listen to users wishes and ideas about the future.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline valimaties

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2018, 10:21:25 PM »
Well, if they do not listen to what people think and wish, the new update would probably not be as you see in 'fix and change list' :)

The problems fixed are fixed because of the feedback of users who send them mails or call them on the support services. I don't think they have time to search internet or forums to check what problems there are with their keyboards ;) It would be good to be so, but I do not think it is! :)

Reinvented the wheel? Nah, no way, but rather continues the developement by listen to users wishes and ideas about the future.

What I wanted to say is they looked at competitors, but they do as they want, in how they see features in their eyes ;)

_________________________________________________ ____________________________________

My conclusion is that I love what I see in the list of changes, fixes and added displays and features...  I also want to see that starting with Genos, the arranger's world of Yamaha is better fixed of bugs and better upgraded with new functions, and fix some inconvenient workarounds, more quickly as Tyros series does. I mean, if they released this 1.20 version, I don't want to see they stop development of new features, of fixing bugs (which remains to fix) and continuously listen to users demands ;)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 10:28:57 PM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline StuartR

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2018, 10:46:29 PM »
The problems fixed are fixed because of the feedback of users who send them mails or call them on the support services. I don't think they have time to search internet or forums to check what problems there are with their keyboards ;) It would be good to be so, but I do not think it is! :)

What I wanted to say is they looked at competitors, but they do as they want, in how they see features in their eyes ;)

_________________________________________________ ____________________________________

My conclusion is that I love what I see in the list of changes, fixes and added displays and features...  I also want to see that starting with Genos, the arranger's world of Yamaha is better fixed of bugs and better upgraded with new functions, and fix some inconvenient workarounds, more quickly as Tyros series does. I mean, if they released this 1.20 version, I don't want to see they stop development of new features, of fixing bugs (which remains to fix) and continuously listen to users demands ;)

Regards,
Vali

I agree. And a big THANKS to all of you who took the time to call or email Yamaha support to get a lot of our requests and bug reports in front of the developers. THANKS!😁👍

The following users thanked this post: pjd

Offline zionip

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2018, 12:16:04 AM »
The option "Auto Power Off" now works on my U.S. Genos at firmware revision 1.20.  I did not see any screen brightness changes with "Auto Power Saving" on though.

After testing the above, I disabled both "Auto Power Saving" and "Auto Power off" as my own preference.

Thanks,
Paul

Offline StuartR

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2018, 12:32:01 AM »
The option "Auto Power Off" now works on my U.S. Genos at firmware revision 1.20.  I did not see any screen brightness changes with "Auto Power Saving" on though.

After testing the above, I disabled both "Auto Power Saving" and "Auto Power off" as my own preference.

Thanks,
Paul

I didn't think it was screen brightness but rather button brightness that was supposed to dim? That never worked prior to 1.20. I guess it still doesn't?

Marcus

« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2018, 12:43:55 AM »
MegaEnhancer

[V1.5.1 to V2.0.0]

Now supports Revo!Drums Voices.
    Now supports CVP-701, CVP-705, CVP-709, PSR-S670, PSR-S770, PSR-S970, PSR-A3000

Offline zionip

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2018, 01:19:42 AM »
I didn't think it was screen brightness but rather button brightness that was supposed to dim? That never worked prior to 1.20. I guess it still doesn't?

According to revision C0 of Genos Reference Manual P. 147, Auto Power Saving:
Lets you set the amount of time that elapses before the Auto Power Saving function decreases
brightness of the Live Control view (sub display). Touch this to call up the list of settings, then
select the desired one. To disable Auto Power Saving, select “Disabled” here.

The screen refers to the sub display above the Live Control knobs and sliders:

I just tested "Auto Power Saving" at firmware 1.20, and it worked.  I disabled it after the testing.

Thanks,
Paul
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 01:22:28 AM by zionip »

Offline Pauljones

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2018, 01:22:46 AM »
My Auto Power Off still does not work.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2018, 01:27:54 AM »
According to revision C0 of Genos Reference Manual P. 147, Auto Power Saving:
Lets you set the amount of time that elapses before the Auto Power Saving function decreases
brightness of the Live Control view (sub display). Touch this to call up the list of settings, then
select the desired one. To disable Auto Power Saving, select “Disabled” here.

The screen refers to the sub display above the Live Control knobs and sliders:

I just tested "Auto Power Saving" at firmware 1.20, and it worked.  I disabled it after the testing.

Thanks,
Paul
Ah, well that's pretty worthless IMHO. That display is so small and far enough away from the main screen that dimming it seems frivolous. Guess that's why I wrongly assumed they were dimming all the button lights.

Offline terryB

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2018, 01:56:04 AM »
Thought I would just mention this:

I wondered if I would need to extract the USB from underneath the Genos, so that it looked to USB1 for the installation info. But I was pleased to see that this was not necessary, it picked it up from a USB stick plugged into the front, ie USB2

Cheers
Terry

Offline BartW

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2018, 02:55:13 AM »

Thanks,
Paul

Interesting... I left mine on for few hours and did not turn off. US model also. Auto Power Saving for 5 min and auto power off for 120 mins.

Bachus

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2018, 03:21:08 AM »

Seems like a huge amount of minor changes and fixes which was to be expected in a first major patch..And thats a good thing. Kudos to Yamaha i would say.

I hope they wll take this the same route as the montage...
Patching new features and content updates in the future...

Only time will tell.

Offline StuartR

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2018, 04:12:52 AM »
Seems like a huge amount of minor changes and fixes which was to be expected in a first major patch..And thats a good thing. Kudos to Yamaha i would say.

I hope they wll take this the same route as the montage...
Patching new features and content updates in the future...

Only time will tell.

Welcome back, hadn't seen your posts in a while!

Offline valimaties

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2018, 06:27:35 AM »
Thought I would just mention this:

I wondered if I would need to extract the USB from underneath the Genos, so that it looked to USB1 for the installation info. But I was pleased to see that this was not necessary, it picked it up from a USB stick plugged into the front, ie USB2

Cheers
Terry

Terry, if you have only underneath usb, that is usb1. But if you insert front usb and start keyboard, front usb will be usb1 and underneath will be usb2 ;)

Vali Maties - Genos

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2018, 09:05:38 AM »
I installed 1.2 and none of my problems went away.  So I will have to borrow a second Genos and compare them step by step to find out whether my Genos is a "Monday Genos"  or they just produce them on Mondays and use the rest of the week for other products.  It will be interesting to read what benefits others got from 1.2. I am sure some people will have the feeling the keyboard sounds better after the upgrade, I always have the feeling my 18 year old Range Rover Vogue rattles less after my wife took it to the automatic washing station.

Cheers

Kaarlo

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2018, 07:46:18 PM »
....... I am sure some people will have the feeling the keyboard sounds better after the upgrade, I always have the feeling my 18 year old Range Rover Vogue rattles less after my wife took it to the automatic washing station.

:D ;D 8)

I can assure you, it's just an imagination. If we feel it sounds better, it's because we have grown to be better players during the update progress. ;)
Cheers 🥂
GJ

Offline valimaties

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2018, 07:53:09 PM »
:D ;D 8)

I can assure you, it's just an imagination. If we feel it sounds better, it's because we have grown to be better players during the update progress. ;)

Definitely, when you have new features, and solved problems, it is normally you play better, you achieve functions quickly, you don't have anymore to make workarounds to do things faster ;)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline Gunnar Jonny

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2018, 08:14:52 PM »
My Auto Power Off still does not work.

Hi.
It works well on the Genos I have, both at v1.10 and 1.20. (Set to 120 min.)
But, if you touch any keys or buttons during the time between last used and AutoPower off setting period, I think it will start new 'countdown' before shutoff.
Cheers 🥂
GJ

beykock

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2018, 08:39:15 PM »
Bachus,

Nice to see you back on track.
Thanks for your positive Genos update comments.

Have you decided to order a Genos soon ?

Best wishes, Babette

Offline EileenL

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2018, 11:29:29 PM »
Hello Kaarlo,
  What problems are you having.

Offline terryB

« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2018, 12:30:13 AM »
Terry, if you have only underneath usb, that is usb1. But if you insert front usb and start keyboard, front usb will be usb1 and underneath will be usb2 ;)

Hi Vali
Thanks for that info.
I have briefly read thro the changes with V1.20, and I think it states searches will be made thro all sticks plugged into USB ports now?

Regards
Terry

Offline valimaties

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2018, 12:35:34 AM »
Hi Vali
Thanks for that info.
I have briefly read thro the changes with V1.20, and I think it states searches will be made thro all sticks plugged into USB ports now?

Regards
Terry

Yes it does. A good "workaround" found by Yamaha. I think they found hard to implement fixed slots to USB in this type of OS. Maybe they ask further to those who knows how this thing can be made and after they learn, that thing will be made.

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline pjd

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2018, 04:15:12 AM »

Hi Bachus -- Glad to see your post! -- pj

Offline anandmaloo

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2018, 03:18:17 PM »
"
-You can now select whether playback of a Multi Pad stops in the following cases, on the Style Setting display:
・When Style playback is stopped.
・When the Ending section of Style is played back.
"

Can we control if the Multipad plays or not during Break, fills or Intro.  I want to be able to stop playing them during breaks and fills. The idea of break is to break the pattern of music. Then why should Multipad continue playing? 

Also many times we select two multipads from two different pad files. If we stop the pad manually during break, it is again not possible to select the two different pads from two different pad files.

Regards

Anand

Offline Eric, B

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2018, 03:32:04 PM »
You can make a custom Multipad, by copying and pasting from different Multipads.
I have done that. works well.
Takes care of one of your problems ;)
Eric
Genos, PSR-S970

Offline valimaties

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2018, 02:28:37 AM »
I love a lot of changes that come with this update, but the most one is that I can use now tha Regist plus and minus buttons when I am in Regist Info screen. This is awesome...  :D

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline voodoo

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2018, 03:02:31 AM »
I love a lot of changes that come with this update, but the most one is that I can use now tha Regist plus and minus buttons when I am in Regist Info screen. This is awesome...  :D

Yes this is great. And it is not documented in the change log.
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2018, 03:13:54 AM »
Yes this is great. And it is not documented in the change log.

Yes, it is...

-Fixed a problem in which the REGISTRATION MEMORY buttons and REGIST BANK [-]/
  • buttons would not work properly when a particular display was shown.
Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline voodoo

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2018, 03:32:29 AM »
Ok, you’re right. Then I did not understand this..... ;)
Yamaha Genos
Yamaha MODX7
Yamaha P-125 Digital Piano
Nord Electro 5D

Offline valimaties

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2018, 03:37:25 AM »
Ok, you’re right. Then I did not understand this..... ;)

It's ok... sometimes neither I understand all... I'm.shure there are some of changes or fixes that not every user understand them. Some features from this great keyboard are not understandable by everyone, or for some reasons are useless :)

Regards,
Vali

Vali Maties - Genos

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2018, 04:18:25 AM »
I agree,
Being able to use the Reg+/- buttons in this screen is very useful, but unfortunately Yamaha downgraded this screen in the update. Before, as well as seeing the info and being able to activate a registration by touching the screen you could rename registrations and delete them. Version 1.2 removes the last 2 features and introduces another screen, formerly unnecessary,  to carry them out (you can also activate registrations using the extra screen). So now to name or delete registrations you have to first consult the info screen, remember the Regs. you want to edit or delete, then go to a second screen to carry out the actions, hoping you are not distracted and don't edit the wrong one!  (I access both screens via Direct Access to avoid using up 2 precious assign buttons) .  Formerly this could be done efficiently and securely on one screen and I was initially impressed to find Genos had a more considered info screen in vers. 1.1.
IMO vers. 1.2 did not have to mess with it.  It is a clunky backward step.

John
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:22:01 AM by jwyvern »

Offline valimaties

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2018, 04:35:10 AM »
Really, I don't care too much ;D (I'm.joking)
When gigging, it is very important to have this navigation feature. The editing you made everytime at home or studio, there you have time to do it in many steps :) The fact that showing what reg banks contains using reg navigation buttons, without making multiple steps as in old 1.10 version, is awsome.

I will send them a mail and I will tell them to populate Reg edit screen with the name of existing registration in selected bank, as it has to be ;)

Regards,
Vali
« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:37:28 AM by valimaties »

Vali Maties - Genos

Kaarlo von Freymann

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2018, 04:56:56 AM »
Hello Kaarlo,
  What problems are you having.

Thanks Eileen,
it's a long list starting with for instance that the setting of the pitch bender will revert to 2 ,  the  fade in/fade out will revert to Leslie after power of.   This week I will know exactly what is a specimen problem and what is a general problem. Will be back. BTW I was finally able to get registered on your site. Thanks.  Please look into the Technics style question I PMed you there. Will be back.

Cheers
Kaarlo

Offline jwyvern

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2018, 05:18:41 AM »
Really, I don't care too much ;D (I'm.joking)
When gigging, it is very important to have this navigation feature. The editing you made everytime at home or studio, there you have time to do it in many steps :) The fact that showing what reg banks contains using reg navigation buttons, without making multiple steps as in old 1.10 version, is awsome.

Regards,
Vali
I agree that getting rid of the 1.1 bug  :o :o and allowing rapid navigation whether at home or at a gig using the original info screen (or a subsidiary one if you prefer)  is important and now is complete.
My point is that it was unnecessary (and undesirable) to at the same time remove the renaming and deleting functionality from the original screen, when it had already been provided in 1.1.
John

Offline valimaties

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2018, 05:56:45 AM »
Yes I know.
I don't know why they chose to redesign the screen, I don't think at all at security risks... certainly, it was better one screen for all things, not 2 or 3 ;)

Vali Maties - Genos